Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know that not qualifying for the CL means the likes of Zidane will be harder to pursuade to join, so in your opinion, who should Ged go for?

X

·
0 Posts
litmanen!??
ok the guy snubbed us to join barca..but he hasn't been able to secure a 1st team spot there... even though the few matches he as played..i think he did play quite well..
maybe barca will allow him to move on!?
especially that van gaal will quit very soon...

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to say I'd go along with that xax, I'd not thought of Litmanen, and with Hyppia at Anfield he'd have a friend already here.
Yes good choice, I like that one, especially since he is not in Barca's first team regularly, is a life long Liverpool fan and would probably relish teaming up with Sammi!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Litmanen never snubbed Liverpool, actually. He said he wanted to join Liverpool, but Liverpool never put in a bid for him, which seems crazy if you think about it. A midfield trio of Hamann, Gerard, and Litmanen would be unstopable..

C

·
0 Posts
Yes Litmanen would have been a choice of mine and I too was hopefull when he left Ajax that he would join LFC ,
also I would be interested in
Rui Costa (fiorentina )
Luis Enrique (Barca)
Mendieta (Valencia )
Bixie (Bayern) but thats because I'm greedy :)

S

·
0 Posts
Well we definitely need a couple of creative midfielders as i keep saying. Mendieta would be great but its unlikely Valencia would sell their best player and captain (anyway he would cost over £15mn if they did). I like Kily Gonzalez though - v quick and skillfull.

Also: Gallardo from Monaco
Djalminha - La Coruna
Figo (yeah right)
Oh and apparently Denilson's up for sale. I'd buy him just for that trick he pulled off in the Nike airport Ad.

[This message has been edited by SkyLight (edited 18-05-2000).]

X

·
0 Posts
conman-most of the players u mentioned have release clauses of over 15M!!!!
but i do agree that they've all been in great form this season..

so do u think there's any chance GH might come in with a bid for litmanen!??

how come l'pool didn't bid for him!??
from what i heard at that time..both l'pool and barca offered him the same salary and same contract...but he chose barca instead!
big mistake for him!!

A

·
0 Posts
what bout gerrard lopez?
id' luv mendieta to come but i really don't think that's possible...
go get..nakata if he's unsettled or maybe but if u want someone cheapp..try goin for klinkladze..but gh says that he want's to play with two defensive minded centre mids...so i really don't believe he's gonna sign mid really...dacourt would hav been perfect..too bad he's at leeds now

·
Registered
441 Posts
As regards Litmanen, we did talk to him last year, but he chose Barca. We didn't make an offer because he told us he would still go to Barca.

Now accourding to sources we are talking to someone in the Spanish league around the 9 million mark. Could this be him? Possibly.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Litmanen is over-rated.He has had a bad season at Barce and i dont think he would be a good signing.I know Houllier will sign a great player just like he did last season with Hypia , Camara , Westerveld an so on.

C

·
0 Posts
Xax , I realise the price these players would cost and I don't see them joining ,I was daydreaming again , sorry :)
Trurth be know we will all have to wait and see what GH does .There is still speculation that RF despite his apology will still leave in the summer , again we have to wait and see .

X

·
0 Posts
M- how much is 9million marks worth..in terms of can. $ if poss!???

ooh having redondo would be a DREAM....but we can't dream on forever can we!??? ;)

ok litmanen's season hasnt' been his best..but i've seen him play as sub once or twice and i still think he would be a nice addition to our squad..
+ the big advantage of having a player like him is that he's not only quality but also very versatile...can play as defender, midfielder or striker!!!!

i'd like Gh to make a bid for damien duff of blakcburn..i think he's a very gd and young left winger..but he;s so underrated!

also helguson from watford..very gd striker and scored quite a few goals too...

·
Registered
441 Posts
Sorry you either misunderstood me or you are taking the p i s s. I meant £9 million not 9 million DM, but that is not necessarily for Litmanen so don't jump to any conclusions.

Oh and for your information to make the heart beat faster and lets face it its a lot of fun - ZZ is contracted till 2001 with an option to extend to 2004. Juve are still waitng for him to extend.

Liverpool are attempting to arrange a friendly with Juve in July/August.

I'm not saying any more except that when Ince came to LFC we had a friendly with the Italian team as part of the deal.

Interesting, but again don't jump to any conclusions. I still think there's no chance, but I've been wrong many times before.

·
Registered
964 Posts
R.Costa he wants to leave Fio and hes amuch better player than Litmanen , because he can score as well.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rui Costa would be a good signing, just unsure if he'd want to come to the premiership, or if he'd adapt well to it?

X

·
0 Posts
M-- do u mean that ZZ has the intention of extending his contract..BUT has not yet done so!???

anyway about rui costa..the latest i've heard of him was that acmilan was after him...

·
Registered
708 Posts
available central midfielders who would probably want to come to liverpool:
--Litmanen--Van Gaal is leaving
--Rui Costa--Batistuta is leaving
--Okocha--plays in a weaker league (PSG)
--Juhninho--Athletico relegated, you never know
--Kaladze--plays in weaker league (Dinamo Kiev)
--Nakata--playing in wrong position, not happy
Barry Ferguson--playing in weaker league, (rangers)
Giovanni Van Bronkhorst--" "
For any no EU players (Nakata, etc.), Smicer needs to be sold as Pool already have Henchoz and Berger. My personal choice would be Barry Ferguson, who is very young, yet experienced in Europe. He would be expensive, though.

·
Registered
441 Posts
xax - Accourding to my sources that would indeed seem to be the case. Juve have been waiting for ZZ to sign the extension since the beginning of this year, but he has not done so.

I would welcome any info on this from any one who has definite news - no speculation please.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts