Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Zvezda's double! 2003/04

A new thread for us RS supporters to discuss line-ups, match predictions, results in the second half of the season. We're still in the cup and as you all know we're also current league leaders.

We signed 3 players of the winter and lost no major players. There's talk about Mrdja going to South Korea but with Pantelic signed we have our striker duo for the rest of the season. A bit more about the signings:

Marko Pantelic, 15/9/78, part of the Stankovic generation, left Red Star at the age of 16 to go to PAOK, after that had spells at Paris Saint-Germain, Lausanne, Celta among others before the finally came back to Serbia. He played for Sartid last season and scored the winner in the cup final against us. He now wants to repay his old love. He's a regular goalgetter but not a one dimensional one, he can score headers, long drives, have runs and of course can finish easy balls.

Bojan Miladinovic, 24/4/82, a young tall strong defender from Napredak. Has been compared to Vidic all season and has been signed as probable replacement for our captain.

Boban Bajkovic, 14/5/85, the SCG U17 goalie, signed for the future.

Your thoughts on the transfer policy?

This weekend we played against Napredak, the team that beat us in the first round of the league this season and as they say payback's a b!tch.

Here are the stats:

Crvena zvezda - Napredak 2:0 (1:0)

Strelci: Panteliæ u 37. i Mladenoviæ u 47. minutu.
Stadion: Crvene zvezde.
Gledalaca: 3.500.
Sudija: Dušan Cvijoviæ (Budva) 7.
Žuti kartoni: Žigiæ (C. Zvezda), Babiæ, Petroviæ i Rankoviæ (Napredak).

Crvena zvezda: Dišljenkoviæ -, Ðorðeviæ 7, M. Dudiæ 7, Vitakiæ 7, Mladenoviæ 8 (od 86. Beljiæ -), Šarac 7, Krivokapiæ 7, Peroviæ 7,5, Milovanoviæ 7 (od 90. Muslin -), Žigiæ 7, Panteliæ 7,5 (od 57. Stojanoviæ 7).
Napredak: Laziæ 6, Pavloviæ 5,5, Vujoviæ 5,5, Veškoviæ 5,5 (od 81. Ðorðeviæ -), Babiæ 5,5, Miloševiæ 6, Simoviæ 6, Petroviæ 5,5 (od 80. Gajiæ -), Mijatoviæ 5,5, Nikoliæ 5,5, Tadiæ 5,5 (od 87. Rankoviæ -).

Igraè utakmice: Dragan Mladenoviæ (C.zvezda)

Great performance by Mladenovic, especially when you know his mother passed away last week and no-one even expected him to play. Pantelic with a great debut, immediately scoring, after the scored he ran to Sever where he kissed the club's logo. :proud:

Vidic injured for this one, don;t know what's up with Markovic who was replaced by centre-back Djordjevic and the biggest surprise, Bojan Djordjic of Man Utd not even on the bench for this one. Young Perovic seems to have seized his spot in the first 11 with some great performances during the winterbreak. May I remind you this kid scored a great goal against P-zan earlier this season. Also good to see Milovanovic starting.

Here's what I'd like to see for our starting 11, a 3-5-2:

Dislja
Djordjevic/Dudic, Vidic, Vitakic
Markovic, Milovanovic, Mladenovic, Perovic/Djordjic, Sarac
Zigic, Pantelic

What's your line-up

Here's the schedule for the rest of the season:

17. kolo, 28.2.2004, 13.30 - 16.00 h
Hajduk - Crvena zvezda

18. kolo, 6.3.2004, 14.00 - 16.30 h
Crvena zvezda - Zeta

19. kolo, 13.3.2004, 14.00 - 16.30 h
Crvena zvezda - Kom

20. kolo, 17.3.2004, 14.30 - 17.00 h
Radnicki - Crvena zvezda

21. kolo, 20.3.2004, 15.00 - 17.30 h
Crvena zvezda - Zemun

22. kolo, 27.3.2004, 15.00 - 17.30 h
Buducnost - Crvena zvezda

23. kolo, 3.4.2004, 15.00 - 17.30 h
Crvena zvezda - Zeleznik

24. kolo, 7.4.2004, 15.00 - 17.30 h
Borac - Crvena zvezda

25. kolo, 10.4.2004, 15.30 - 18.00 h
Crvena zvezda - Obilic

26. kolo, 17.4.2004, 16.30 - 19.00 h
Pakistan - Crvena zvezda

27. kolo, 24.4.2004, 16.30 - 19.00 h
Crvena zvezda - OFK Beograd

28. kolo, 1.5.2004, 17.00 - 19.30 h
Sutjeska - Crvena zvezda

29. kolo 8.5.2004, 17.00 - 19.30 h
Crvena zvezda - Vojvodina

30. kolo 15.5.2004, 17.00 - 19.30 h
Sartid - Crvena zvezda

So my brothers and sister ;), join this discussion as we see our Red Star taking all the honours in Serbia this year! :cool:

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
yeh agree with your team and tactics, Perovic is definitely one for the future.
Away to Hajduk Kula next week, it's live on RTS SAT at 13:00 (Serbian time), 13:30 kick off. Partizan drew 0-0 when they played with them, we should win, and carry on our charge for the double.

Zvezda Sampion!!

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Parni, sshhhhh, some European scouts might be reading this... :D

I'm happy with the transfer season, even though I was hoping we could get somebody CREATIVE to help in our midfield, not Ilic. I mean Dejan is not bad, but he isn't the player I was hoping for (Mirosavljevic).

I am very disappointed with what is happening around Djordjic, the guy came from Europe to help us out, he obviously loves the club and the fans, tries really hard every game, and now he's not even on the bench? He has good technique and skill, so I am really confused about what is happening... :confused:

But anyway, great start to the season, and let's hope they keep it up..

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Drulo,

Great post buddy, can it be turned into a sticky??? Tell you what Andrija and Co you can unstick it as soon as we fail to achieve one of our objectives.

Re: Pantelic, I was so excited when we got him, a very good player. Malo se kurci but Muslin will put a stop to that.

Re: Djordjic, I heard he was injured for this game only. I knew he was not playing before the Napredak game.

Re: Vidic, I love the man, however Valjak is right he is a little injury prone, reminds me of a tampon, in for one week out for 4.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Great Threat :)

While we were singing in players Partizan was doing opposite, so i guess in this part of season we can count on 3 points against them 2.
Truly i would be disapointed if we dont hit CL this season ...

my Prediction for next game

Hajduk 1-3 Crvena zvezda

Even-through hardly anione scores against us, i ll give Hajduk a goal for that drew against Partizan ;) :D

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dusan_UK said:
Away to Hajduk Kula next week, it's live on RTS SAT at 13:00 (Serbian time), 13:30 kick off.
Thanks for the info Dule, I'll be sure to watch.

Well RSF, I think Perovic and Milovanovic could be the creative duo we need. Although I would have liked someone like Matic from OFK. Still I believe this squad is capable of winning the double.
Ilic has been brought back to Zvezda on loan and is the type of player you put in the last 15 minutes if you're only one up. I certainly hope he doesn't oust one of our youngsters.

About Vidic, I was wrong, but still, Fleka..:D. He was actually suspended for this one and Markovic was injured. Both will be back against Kula.

Shakhtar is interested in Milan Dudic, but Muslin refuses to let him go. His brother can leave however and there are rumours Legia Warsava wants to sign him.
Also 5 of our youngsters have been loaned to Jedinstvo Ub, Dzaja's hometown team. Basta, Bogicevic, Jankovic, Beljic and Mrdja. They can however be recalled.

Here's what Muslin had to say with a smile on his face about Vermezovic's comments on how Zvezda wouldn't win the championship the next 5/6 years:

"Ne znam samo da li komšije gledaju u pasulj ili u magiènu kuglu kada tvrde da æe nas ostaviti bez titule u narednih pet sezona" :howler:

And I agree Popaj, we should be aiming for CL. If only we can hang on to some of our keyplayers like Vidic and are fortunate in the draw. But let's win the double first. :cool:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
:) tat was funny

we can always count on a win aganst you, and for CL, say while you were compeating with Real Madrid we beat you in the middle of Belgrade 3-0, lookin at this y would you say RS doesnt deserve a go at CL :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Parni Valjak said:
Laugh it up. Keep on selling those players of yours and continue to dream about that stadium :D .

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
PoPaJ said:
say while you were compeating with Real Madrid we beat you in the middle of Belgrade 3-0, lookin at this y would you say RS doesnt deserve a go at CL :rolleyes:
Geez, I dunno, Azerbaijan beat us in soccer, while we beat Wales twice, tied Italy twice, and defeated Finland as well.. As you would say, "lookin at this y would you say Azerbaijan doesnt deserve to be a top nt contender".. ;) See my point ? :)

and continue to dream about that stadium
Seems like we are not the only ones anymore ;)

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
At this moment in time lets not compare stadiums. Down the road from me we have a similar 'stadium' to Partizan's and I see kids playing t-ball there.

Besides doesn't the tap in king's team in Holland still owe you a grandstand. You suckers!!!

:tongue:

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fleka said:
Besides doesn't the tap in king's team in Holland still owe you a grandstand. You suckers!!!
:howler:

Well another weekend passed, another 3 points added to our total. :cool:

Hajduk - Crvena zvezda 1:2

STRELCI: Osmanoviæ u 14. za Hajduk, a Vidiæ u 58. i 78. oba iz jedanaesterca za Crvenu zvezdu.
STADION: Hajduka.
GLEDALACA: 3.000.
SUDIJA: Dejan Stanišiæ (Podgorica) 7.
ŽUTI KARTONI: Æirka, Bulatoviæ, Osmanoviæ, Dudvarski (Hajduk), Vidiæ, Žigiæ, Markoviæ (C.zvezda).

HAJDUK: Milojeviæ 6,5, Antiæ 6, Æirka 6, Viškoviæ 6, Bulatoviæ 6, Bogiæ 6,5, Paviæeviæ 6, Dudvarski 6 (od 89. Stamatoviæ -), M. Davidov 7, Osmanoviæ 7 (od 85. Beliæ -), Radivojeviæ 6 (od 70. Ðoroviæ -).
CRVENA ZVEZDA: Dišljenkoviæ 6,5, Markoviæ 7, Vidiæ 7,5, M. Dudiæ 7, Vitakiæ 7, Šarac 5,5 (od 56. Stojanoviæ 7), Mladenoviæ 6,5, Iliæ 6, Peroviæ 6,5 (od 89. Miladinoviæ -), Žigiæ 6,5, Panteliæ 7 (od 80. Krivokapiæ -).
Igraè utakmice: Nemanja Vidiæ(C. Zvezda)

Markovic and Vidic back for this one. The latter immediately chosen man of the match, looked very cool while taking the penalties, a born leader no doubt. Dejan Ilic with the comeback and Bojan Miladinovic with his debut in red and white.

Not at all an easy match. Kula has a very decent team, Davidov looked like a player with great potential and there are actually rumours that RS will be signing him for next year. I'd like to see more from the guy before I judge him but he did impress me yesterday.

We hadn't won in Kula for 4 straight years so finally we managed to break this tradition. The 2 penalties were deserved calls btw. The first one was actually undisputable when Nenad Stojanovic was brought down with a sliding. The second were Pantelic got pulled back was worthy of a penalty and I'm sure 9 out of 10 refs would have given it. Glas-javnosti gave the ref a 7 and it was fully deserved.

We have 2 home games coming up against 2 Montenegrin sides and I expect the full 6 points.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Markovic seems to be out for the season. Uh-oh, but I'm sure Drulo will be the first one saying this lose means nothing, and that mighty Red Star have at least 10 players in there that can take his spot. :tongue:

At this moment in time lets not compare stadiums. Down the road from me we have a similar 'stadium' to Partizan's and I see kids playing t-ball there
Whatever, at least my stadium isn't a hole buddy ;)

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Live tv coverage again for those with RTS, it's 2pm kick off (CET), something about it being free to get in to watch the game or something like that because of the 59th birthday of serbia's biggest club.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Update on Markovic

From UEFA.com

Markovic suffers unlucky break
Friday, 05 March 2004
FK Crvena Zvezda defender Marjan Markovic will be out for over a month with a broken collarbone.

Unfortunate collision
The Serbo-Montenegrin Under-21 international was injured during a Serbo-Montenegrin Cup quarter-final match this week, when he collided with FK Železnik's Nikola Jozic in the 40th minute of a 1-0 win.

'It hurts'
"It hurts a lot and I will have to rest for a long time," said Markovic. "According to the initial tests, it will be at least a month before I can start up training, but I will know more in two weeks. This is my first big injury but I will be fit for the [UEFA] European Under-21 Championship at the end of May."

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bad news for RS and especially for Marjan, but he'll be back and we don't have 10 better players for that spot PV, just 2 good ones, Slavoljub Djordjevic and Dusan Basta, so don't you lose sleep over it. ;)

We went through in the cup, so a semi awaites!

the stats:

Stadion: Crvene zvezde. Gledalaca: 1.000. Sudija: Mihailo Jeknic (Beograd) 7. Strelac: Nikola Žigic u 13. minutu. Žuti kartoni: Vitakic, Ðordjevic (C. zvezda), Pesterac, Jozic, Drinic (Železnik). Igrac utakmice: Nikola Žigic (Crvena zvezda)

CRVENA ZVEZDA: Disljenkovic 6, Vidic 6, Ðordjevic 6, Dudic 7, Markovic 6 (od 43. Šarac 6), Vitakic 6, Ilic 6 (od 46. Milovanovic 6), Mladenovic 6, Perovic 7, Žigic 7, Pantelic 6 (od 75. Stojanovic -).

ŽELEZNIK: Kovacevic 7, Da Silva 6, Jozic 6, Markoski 7, Zimonjic, 6 (od 80. Radjenovic -), Drinic 7 (od 64. Æetkovic 6), Damjanovic 6, Mikic 6, Lomic 6, Bisevac 6, Pesterac 6.

Even a Brazilian on Zeleznik's side couldn't stop the Red fury! :cool:

We take on Zeta tomorrow, once again thanks for the info Duki.

I naravno srecan rodjendan nasoj Zvezdi! puno para (CL), picki (b!tches like P-zan) i da zivi vecno!

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
how the fark did zeleznik get a brazilian and how do they afford it.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rapsodija u "crveno-belom", dirigent - Žigiæ

Fudbaleri Crvene Zvezde stekli su pet bodova prednosti nad Partizanom uèvrstivši se na èelnoj poziciji tabele ubedljivom pobedom nad Zetom od 4:0. U sjajnom ambijentu kakav se retko viða na našim prvoligaškim utakmicama ako se izuzme "veèiti derbi", predvoðeni fantastiènim Nikolom Žigiæem "crveno-beli" su deklasirali goste iz Golubovaca pred više od 12.000 gledalaca. Takva poseta ima još veæi znaèaj za naš fudbal ako se uzme u obzir da je nacionalna televizija emitovala direktan prenos meèa sa "Marakane", što samo potvrðuje koliko je publika željna dobrih igara na stadionima u Srbiji i Crnoj Gori.

A dobre igre je bilo u nedelju na našem najveæem stadionu. Izabranici Slavoljuba Muslina su mogli da isprate goste i dvocifrenim brojem pogodaka u prvom poluvremenu, ali je i èetiri bilo sasvim dovoljno za aplauze sa tribina i osmehe u "crveno-belom" taboru. Najviše njih - na licu èetvorostrukog strelca, gorostasnog Žigiæa.

Crvena Zvezda - Zeta 4:0 (3:0)
Žigiæ 10', 13', 45', 70'

:cool:

Got to watch Feyenoord live so I didn't see this one, but it was clearly a Zigagol day :D.

Great crowd turn up as well, if only it could be like this every week, it'd be enough improvement.

We're coming for that title! :fero:

1 - 20 of 150 Posts