Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
11,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently our most exciting prospect deserves his own thread, imo.

Moved to Red Bull Liepzig in the Bundesliga 2. Very talented footballer - was our best player in the U19 Euro's, has been capped at senior level and he's only just turned 19! Big things expected, and hopefully he'll make a breakthrough to the RBL first team this season.

RBL a really exciting club as well, so this is a really good move for the lad. Moved at the right time :)

·
Registered
17,900 Posts
It's red hair, no1 says ginger :palm:

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
It qualifies as red, but lots of people say ginger.

Good move, actually a chance he'll play:thumbsup:

·
Registered
17,900 Posts
Do you say ginger? Should we start a poll?

·
Registered
17,900 Posts
I think it's just a weird UK thing...

·
Registered
17,900 Posts
Says it all the time? Does he have an obsession with read headed people?
Never heard of "ginger" to describe a hair colour before in my life.

Yeah, it's an UK thing

In modern-day UK, the words "ginger" or "ginga" are sometimes used to describe red-headed people (and are at times considered insulting), with terms such as "gingerphobia" and "gingerism" used by the British media.

·
Registered
17,900 Posts
so it's a British AND racist thing... interesting.

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
Says it all the time? Does he have an obsession with read headed people?
Never heard of "ginger" to describe a hair colour before in my life.

Yeah, it's an UK thing

In modern-day UK, the words "ginger" or "ginga" are sometimes used to describe red-headed people (and are at times considered insulting), with terms such as "gingerphobia" and "gingerism" used by the British media.
No, it's not. I don't live in the UK. Just cuz you haven't heard of it doesn't mean people (not in the UK) don't say it:)

By all the time I obviously mean when talking about people like him with hair like that. For example..when mentioning Alexi Lalas. Speaking of Lalas..I recall him using that term as well, referring to someone as "a fellow ginger". Clearly wasn't saying it as an insult as is proven here..

Soccer Analyst, Slurpee lover & proud ginger. Size the day.
https://twitter.com/AlexiLalas

The ginger-haired, guitar-playing former centre-half, who made his name at the 1994 FIFA World Cup USA™, has called this part of the world home for the last few years. Following a spell as general manager of Los Angeles Galaxy, which ended in August 2008, the dedicated family man now spends his time championing the domestic game and offering his views as a star pundit for ESPN.

http://www.fifa.com/classicfootball/players/do-you-remember/newsid=1585611/index.html

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Who gives a eff! He looks to me like a step-bro of Adam Bogdan..rusty is the color for sure!:musik:

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
I actually think Kálmár is more 'strawberry blonde' than ginger. Like Scholes.

A lot of people think Scholes in ginger...but that's not true. Under Mr Alex no gingers or Germans were allowed to play for United.

George Switzer was the a great left back of the famous team of Beckham, Giggs, Scholes, Butt, G Neville etc.

But Mr Alex wouldn't give him a chance as he didn't like gingers and his German ancestry.

Instead he went straight to the youth team and called in Phil Neville.

1 - 20 of 191 Posts