Zorro or IL Genio

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Respected member Ambis :shades: PM'ed me the following:

Savicevic or Boban?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can you plz make a poll of this in the Milan forum and lets see...... who we think is a better player cause it would be interesting.. there is one topic like this in the world football forum but we want one on the Milan forum so we can see who the Milan fans would pick

thanks

Have your say :)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I shall leave that for a little later on :)

·
Registered
625 Posts
I love both. Both are great Milan legends. :star: :star: I will never forget Savicevic's performance in 1994 CL final. I won't forget how Boban lead us win the last 7 serie A games in a row (including the 2-0 away win vs Juve) and eventually won the scudetto in 1999 either.

But if I have to make a choice, then I'd prefer Savicevic. He is more unpredictable and more talented.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Was the picture on top ( Boban and Weah) taken in the 2-0 away game vs Juve in 1999? Boban assisted Weah in the game.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Considering Boban was never given the chance to play his natural position regularly, and Savicevic was forced to quit early because of injury, the sad fact for both of them is that fate didn't allow either one of them to truly show their talents.

I chose Boban because he accomplished more at international level and because he's Croat but this takes nothing away from Savicevic.

Cheers

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Genjuro said:
Was the picture on top ( Boban and Weah) taken in the 2-0 away game vs Juve in 1999? Boban assisted Weah in the game.
Bingo ;)

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
I think most of milanistas will chose third option "both" and thats true cuz they were both great at Milan but id remove that option and let people decide for one of them. I vote Boban :thmbup:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Based on pure talent, skill and magic, :star: obviuosly their is no match. Il Genio wins easy :shades: However, Zorro posessed a number of things that Dejan never had: charisma, leadership and flexability :cool:

If IL Genio could score beauties like goal #3 vs Barca during the CL Final 1994 :proud: Zorro could play in almost every forward and midfield position :cool:

If IL Genio could turn defenders nuts :eekani: Zorro was very cleaver in outfoxing them :cool:

If "La carezza del Montenegro" aka Savicevic, could "create" things out of nothing :star: Zorro had the "Spirit of the Invincebles" within, meaning that his contribution to "team-building" was an essential asset to our success :cool:

If Dejan was a joke during training ;) Zorro refused to leave Milan as a youngster (a done deal with Marseilles) :cool:

All in all, Dejan is Unique :cool: Zorro made the team Unique :cool:

For me it's both :proud: :heart: :proud:

·
Registered
625 Posts
So far, the poll result is 3-4-3. Zac's favorite formation! :D

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
Now its 3-5-3, Dagoods' favorite formation
(For some reason everytime he gives his ideal team he forgets that one can only field 11 players)

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Diavolo said:
Based on pure talent, skill and magic, :star: obviuosly their is no match. Il Genio wins easy :shades: However, Zorro posessed a number of things that Dejan never had: charisma, leadership and flexability :cool:

If IL Genio could score beauties like goal #3 vs Barca during the CL Final 1994 :proud: Zorro could play in almost every forward and midfield position :cool:

If IL Genio could turn defenders nuts :eekani: Zorro was very cleaver in outfoxing them :cool:

If "La carezza del Montenegro" aka Savicevic, could "create" things out of nothing :star: Zorro had the "Spirit of the Invincebles" within, meaning that his contribution to "team-building" was an essential asset to our success :cool:

If Dejan was a joke during training ;) Zorro refused to leave Milan as a youngster (a done deal with Marseilles) :cool:

All in all, Dejan is Unique :cool: Zorro made the team Unique :cool:

For me it's both :proud: :heart: :proud:

Great post, but to say there is 'no match' when it comes to pure talent is pushing it to an extreme.

Boban's touch and turns on the ball were as soft and pure as any.

Cheers

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
bernmilan1 said:
(For some reason everytime he gives his ideal team he forgets that one can only field 11 players)
:howler:

Based on pure talent, skill and magic, obviuosly their is no match. Il Genio wins easy However, Zorro posessed a number of things that Dejan never had: charisma, leadership and flexability
The Great Illuminatore has said it!:stuckup::shades: :thmbup:

Grazie to both of these miti!!!!:star: :proud::devil: :stuckup:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
625 Posts
bernmilan1 said:
LOL :D :D

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
bernmilan1 said:
:D Given Ronaldo's weight, do you count his as two or three?

On topic: Both since I could choose both. Il Genio if I had to pick one. But Boban was a master, not easily forgotten :star:

·
International
8,545 Posts
It's difficult to compare two players who brought something completely different to the team. You can look at natural talent but that's only one aspect of what makes a player. Savicevic is probably the second most talented European of the modern era (behind Prosinecki;)) and naturally people like to watch a player like that.

Boban on the other hand offers so much more to a team. You can take the same 2 players and put them on a weak team and Boban will lift that team so much more. Savicevic will provide some genius and make a good contribution but Boban will be the team's conductor. He'll improve his teammates whereas Savicevic will outshine them. So which is better?

·
Registered
46 Posts
IVO said:
It's difficult to compare two players who brought something completely different to the team. You can look at natural talent but that's only one aspect of what makes a player. Savicevic is probably the second most talented European of the modern era (behind Prosinecki;)) and naturally people like to watch a player like that.

Boban on the other hand offers so much more to a team. You can take the same 2 players and put them on a weak team and Boban will lift that team so much more. Savicevic will provide some genius and make a good contribution but Boban will be the team's conductor. He'll improve his teammates whereas Savicevic will outshine them. So which is better?
very well said :thmbup: agree 100%

1 - 20 of 49 Posts