Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inter swept an embarrassing Messina aside 3-0 with Santiago Solari's brace, but the win was marred by more abuse aimed at Marco Zoro.

The last time these two teams met, Ivory Coast international Zoro stopped the game in protest at racist chants from a group of Inter fans at Messina's Stadio San Filippo. Unfortunately, he was given a frosty reception at San Siro and supporters singled him out for abuse from the warm-up in reference to that incident.

The Ultra' hardline fans in the Curva continued to boo Zoro every time he touched the ball and unveiled a banner accusing him of 'seeking publicity', but the rest of the Inter crowd in turn chanted against those dealing out the abuse and called them 'idiots'.

This could help cut the size of the fine Inter will no doubt receive after these latest unseemly incidents, but the second half in particular turned into open warfare between the two sections of the Nerazzurri fans with both jeers and applause every time Zoro got the ball.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My goal is to one day have enough balls to go to a Milan derby...I'll pay a visit to the Curva Sud first and wave an Inter flag then make a run for it

Then I'll visit the Curva Nord and then hold up a AntiRacism banner and then make a run for it

Then perhaps I'll watch the game from the Tribune of Honor...cuz I'm going high class in my potentially only visit to the San Siro

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I didn't like his actions in Sicilia too. Atleast they holded themselves from making monkey noises.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Al Capone said:
My goal is to one day have enough balls to go to a Milan derby...I'll pay a visit to the Curva Sud first and wave an Inter flag then make a run for it

Then I'll visit the Curva Nord and then hold up a AntiRacism banner and then make a run for it

Then perhaps I'll watch the game from the Tribune of Honor...cuz I'm going high class in my potentially only visit to the San Siro
Why not just come with the AntiRacism banner in Curva Sud :cool:

On topic: not all of Inter fans are racist, even though it ain't just the Curva Nord ones that are. I'll leave it here.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Zoro: Inter should be ashamed Sunday 2 April, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marco Zoro was again subjected to racist abuse by Inter fans, but President Massimo Moratti has defended his supporters.

“It’s time people stopped abusing players just for the colour of their skin when they are trying to play football,” said the Messina defender after last night’s 3-0 defeat at San Siro.

Zoro threatened to walk of the field when these teams last met in Sicily earlier this season because he was repeatedly subjected to racist insults.

This latest incident was a reaction to that, as the hard-line Inter Ultra’ in the Curva unveiled a huge banner accusing Zoro of ‘seeking publicity’ and kept it on show for the entire match.

There was one positive aspect, though, as in the second half the majority of the Nerazzurri supporters began chanting against those in the Curva and applauding Zoro.

“Only those people who would make these insults would think I was looking for publicity,” slammed the defender. “That kind of abuse really gets to a man and affects my performance. I was very happy to hear the other fans turn on their own group, as that convinced me to keep going and give my best.”

That will also likely cut the fine that Inter will receive for this incident, although Zoro was not going to let the persecutors off the hook.

“I honestly felt ashamed and embarrassed for people like Obafemi Martins who have to play knowing their fans would make racist insults against opponents. I hope the Federation will take steps.”

However, Nerazzurri patron Massimo Moratti insisted this could not be a considered a racist incident as it stemmed from the original row in Messina.

“It was stupid, over the top and the rest of the crowd showed its dissent, but there is nothing to be ashamed of because it was not racist,” insisted Moratti.

“Quite simply, a group of fans waged a personal protest against one particular player due to past events. I am sorry that some people might’ve had the impression it was anything else.”

Inter won the match 3-0 and this will be a confidence booster ahead of the Champions League quarter-final with Villarreal, where they must build on a slender 2-1 first leg lead.

“We’ll attack, because we cannot think of going to Spain and sitting back for a draw,” warned Coach Roberto Mancini.

channel4

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
It is becoming Boring.....

when the baby cries constantly....

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Booing isn't racist. And displaying a banner saying he seeked publicity isn't racist either. If Zorro is complaining about the booing he is wrong.

Obviously if there were other things that would be different. but if booing is racist I quess the everton fans who boo rooney are also racist.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
ZORO wants to be stroked only.. like that Fat Retardo.. but the latter has some history of phenomenal play to require that.

Zoro is just seeking attention, while those 'moralists''NGOs' are making issues out of his childish complains. Sick Boring.

Does he need Catherine Zeta-jones

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Some facts about the Zorro incident in Messina:

- the referee claimed he did not hear any racist abuse towards Zorro
- the FIGC delegate wrote that he himself did not hear any racist abuse
- no player of either side could confirm that he had heard anything of the sort
- the president of Messina also stated that he did not hear any racial slurs

And yet, some here are on Zorro's side... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
57,707 Posts
So the fans whistled at him. Big deal. I didn't hear any monkey chants myself. He's such a drama queen.

SERIE B

·
Registered
43,688 Posts
He had a point the last time around...but now it looks like he doesn't think his 15 minutes of fame was enough. Media whore.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
A lotta needless mudslinging going on this time by ZORO.

Maybe he deserved to be booed even if he didn't get booed.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Zoro is a weak person. He deserves to be booed.

So many people got racially abused in the past, none of them stopped a match. He's such a crybaby. He sure is seeking attention.

·
U get what U give
8,784 Posts
Zoro is one propaganda bastard! we play with many teams that have blacker players than this Zoro! what about Senna, Seedorf, Viera, Thuram...? this guy simply likes to show up and make statments and to be famous, and make a hollywood movie as the Inter fans are racist basteds and he is the poor victim, this is bullshit and make no sense, he is only a propaganda.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Messina president snaps over Inter fans Zoro abuse
tribalfootball.com - April 2, 2006

Messina president Pietro Franza was furious last night with the racial abuse defender Marco Zoro was subject to from Inter Milan fans.

Franza snapped: "This evening something scandalous has succeeded. It was all organized. I do not know why we make rules if nobody applies them.

"I do not want the 3 points or the disqualification from the field, but the referee had to suspend the game. Instead, once again, they've been allowed to offend a player for 90 minutes.

"Explain to me how you play when you're subject to that for the entire game?

"The only thing to come out of this was the courage he showed in continuing on the pitch. It was a beautiful gesture, but we know that Zoro is a great lad."

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Messina's Zoro furious after more Inter Milan fans abuse
tribalfootball.com - April 2, 2006

Messina defender Marco Zoro has slammed Inter Milan after he was again racially abused by their fans during yesterday's 3-0 defeat.
"It's time people stopped abusing players just for the colour of their skin when they are trying to play football," said Zoro.

Zoro threatened to walk of the field when these teams last met in Sicily earlier this season because he was repeatedly subjected to racist insults.

This latest incident was a reaction to that, as the hard-line Inter Ultra' in the Curva unveiled a huge banner accusing Zoro of 'seeking publicity' and kept it on show for the entire match.

"Only those people who would make these insults would think I was looking for publicity," slammed the defender. "That kind of abuse really gets to a man and affects my performance. I was very happy to hear the other fans turn on their own group, as that convinced me to keep going and give my best."

That will also likely cut the fine that Inter will receive for this incident, although Zoro was not going to let the persecutors off the hook.

"I honestly felt ashamed and embarrassed for people like Obafemi Martins who have to play knowing their fans would make racist insults against opponents. I hope the Federation will take steps."

However, Nerazzurri patron Massimo Moratti insisted this could not be a considered a racist incident as it stemmed from the original row in Messina.

"It was stupid, over the top and the rest of the crowd showed its dissent, but there is nothing to be ashamed of because it was not racist," insisted Moratti.

"Quite simply, a group of fans waged a personal protest against one particular player due to past events. I am sorry that some people might've had the impression it was anything else."

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Inter fined for Zoro abuse Tuesday 4 April, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter have been fined £17,500 for the racist insults aimed at Messina’s Marc Zoro on Saturday, while Udinese boss Giovanni Galeone is punished for lighting up.

A group of Nerazzurri Ultra’ jeered Ivory Coast international Zoro all the way through this weekend’s 3-0 victory at San Siro, unveiling a large banner accusing him of ‘seeking publicity’ when he made a stand against racist abuse when these two teams met earlier this season.

There were also two more banners highlighted in the Disciplinary Commission’s report: ‘Nuts and bananas, the pay for a wicked man’ and ‘Zoro like Vieri – evil has no colour.’

The Commission warned that a repeat of such incidents would bring a more severe penalty on to the club which could, as is the case of Hellas Verona in Serie B, include playing behind closed doors.

Udinese Coach Galeone has been punished for smoking on the bench during Sunday’s 2-0 win over Parma. The veteran tactician ignored pleas from the Fourth Official to stub out his cigarette and has been given a written warning. If he lights up again on the sidelines, he could be suspended.

There will be 11 players suspended for Serie A Week 33: Abeijon (Cagliari), Borriello (Treviso), Cannavaro (Juventus), Codrea (Palermo), Emanuele Filippini (Treviso), Luciano (Chievo), Pandev (Lazio), Vargas (Livorno), Viali (Treviso).

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Inter Milan fined over racist chants against Zoro
tribalfootball.com - April 5, 2006

Inter Milan have been fined £17,500 for the racist insults aimed at Messina's Marc Zoro on Saturday.

A group of Nerazzurri Ultras jeered Ivory Coast international Zoro all the way through this weekend's 3-0 victory at San Siro, unveiling a large banner accusing him of 'seeking publicity' when he made a stand against racist abuse when these two teams met earlier this season.

There were also two more banners highlighted in the Disciplinary Commission's report: 'Nuts and bananas, the pay for a wicked man' and 'Zoro like Vieri - evil has no colour.'

The Commission warned that a repeat of such incidents would bring a more severe penalty on to the club which could, as is the case of Hellas Verona in Serie B, include playing behind closed doors.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts