Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
>>>> Newspaper reports this morning suggest that Fabio Capello could sit on the Stamford Bridge bench next season.
Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri has long been under pressure following less than impressive results and the 1-0 home defeat to Liverpool has seemingly sealed his fate.
It is claimed in Spanish newspaper ‘As’ that Roman Abramovich has set his sights on Roma Coach Capello to turn the team into world-beaters.
The Russian magnate has offered a three-year contract worth in the region of £12m to take over in the summer.
Capello would be open to this challenge, as he already revealed this week that after his spell at Roma he would relish another overseas club opportunity.
The tactician has won League titles with Milan, Real Madrid and Roma, but turned down the chance to replace Giovanni Trapattoni on the Italy bench.
In Italy the newspapers maintain that former Lazio boss Dino Zoff will be drafted in to help the Giallorossi, although Perugia’s Serse Cosmi is a less experienced option. >>>>

I'm getting sick of these BS rumors involving Abramovich and Roma. First it was Emerson, then Chivu, now our coach. He's skulking around Serie A taking advantage of club's financial problems. Because of this, he could succeed in snatching up one of our gladiators.
The Zoff option is a new one. Weird stuff.

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
:wth:

Who reported that!?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I dont think Capello will leave until he gives us a succesful CL campaign, which Im sure he feels he can do! Maybe not win the CL but get us to at least the quarters/semis!!!

When Capello leaves I think Cosmi will be a great option, probably in 2005 or 2006 Capello will leave and then I would like Cosmi to take over!!

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Exactly. I was on the C4 website, clicked this link, then i just pressed stop. Maybe he will go to Chelsea, maybe he wont but the amount of BS the press come up with is just hilarious. Where is the basis for the rumour? Where do they get it from?:groan:

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
I dont want Capello to ever leave, but there will be a time when he moves on, which im sure will NOT be at the end of this season.

He wants another crack at the CL with us. And just imagine if he can deliver the goods...

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts