Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zoff sees Inter problems Monday 29 November, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italian legend Dino Zoff believes that Inter’s large squad is not an advantage but a weakness.

"When you have too many champions at your disposal, there can be problems in keeping them all happy," said the former Juventus goalkeeper.

The Nerazzurri have one of the most impressive squads in European football but that may have led to overcrowding.

Boss Roberto Mancini often rotates his players and Inter, unlike leaders Juventus, don’t have a settled side.

That could be one of the main reasons why they find themselves 15 points behind the Bianconeri – despite holding them to a 2-2 draw last night.

"It is a grave fact that a side like Inter has picked up 11 draws in 13 games," continued Zoff. "That is a sign that there are problems there."

channel4

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
We dont really need him now all of a sudden to tell us whats wrong with Inter. We all know what is wrong with Inter except Inter. Thats why you just gonna love Moratti and his circus. And yeah, you guys were saying Mancini is that good huh? Right. :rolleyes: :yuck: :D

And to think I got so much bashing when I was saying that Mancini is hyped and wont do anythign at Inter. Once again, IB is KING! :D :shades:

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
ItalianBoy said:
We dont really need him now all of a sudden to tell us whats wrong with Inter. We all know what is wrong with Inter except Inter. Thats why you just gonna love Moratti and his circus. And yeah, you guys were saying Mancini is that good huh? Right. :rolleyes: :yuck: :D

And to think I got so much bashing when I was saying that Mancini is hyped and wont do anythign at Inter. Once again, IB is KING! :D :shades:
nobody really expect a scudetto from mancini in his first year at least not in this forum. so whats ur point ?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
2T said:
nobody really expect a scudetto from mancini in his first year at least not in this forum. so whats ur point ?

His point is that he is one hell of a moronic idiot,

I wonder why they dont introduce rules on XTRATIME disallowing some people from certain forums....i wudnt want any of dese scummy Milan, Juve, Roma, Lazio supporters round here

For all i care...dis goes to all fans from opposition clubs...like Italian Boy anyway
:finger:

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
ItalianBoy said:

You guys should ignore this guy, he is on the same class as the legend of XT Payman. Although Payman shows a bit more class and smarts.

Right he is just a moronic idiot :finger:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
I dont think Mancio is that Bad... even Zac too.

Stick with him, and the coach will find the necessary solution.

According to Mazzone, coach from White hair to Black... all shapes and sizes were tried.

Only thing that is not tried is to Continue long enough and stick to the coach with Full support.

Zoff did have a point on excessive top players.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
ItalianBoy said:

What makes you a clown is that you make premature statements.

Nobody can say how far or how low Mancini can take us at this point in time. After all, we are in good form in the CL.

Its way too early to be judging.

·
1st Tier Poster
50,002 Posts
I think it's quite impossible to say what exactly is wrong with Inter and why they underperform season after season.There is really no logical explanation. Maybe the fact that they prefer quantity over quality when composing a squad has a part in it, but that can't be the only reason. This club is probably just cursed or something.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
The best part is that the Interisti come backs are "you are a moron" and all sorts of pretty much useless accusations. How about you affront the problems. Maybe not in this forum, althought I think opposite but in Italy it was a known fact that Moratti got Mancio to get the Scudetto. They did not buy and got on loan players like Veron to just settle. Funny how you insist on saying that its premature to say where Inter will end up when its actually pretty clear they wont do anything as I stated at the beginning of the season and some of oyu guys said I was a fool and that Mancio was gona do so well. right... I see that. :rollani:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Italian Boy I am not an Interista. I am not saying "you are a moron" I'm just thinking it right now. Mancini is a good coach and given more time Inter could very well be dominating the league next year or two years as long as Mancini can create a team that does give much at the back a cross between Capello and Zeman. Just give them time and we will see what Mancini and Inter can do, just like giving Roma some time and seeing what they will do in a couple of years or perhaps even next year.

Now I believe this thread is about what Zoff said and I agree with pretty much what he says though it is common knowledge that Moratti is the problem of Inter. I wonder why he hasen't coached any team in a couple of years. It would be nice to see a side of his play. It was a sad day when he quit after Euro 2000 just another thing to be mad at Berlusconi for (Most of the hate is not football related).

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
You can think what you want, fact remains that until now Mancini from the saviour he was supposed to be plays the same crappy soccer and is lower than Messina. You can find all the excuses, to me Mancini is a bad coach and wont do anything with Inter. My opinion.

·
Registered
45,385 Posts
ItalianBoy said:
You can think what you want, fact remains that until now Mancini from the saviour he was supposed to be plays the same crappy soccer and is lower than Messina. You can find all the excuses, to me Mancini is a bad coach and wont do anything with Inter. My opinion.
Shut the f**k up. My opinion.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Zangari_Italia said:
I will think what I want. Messina is a decent team. Just a question do you think that Mancini was a bad coach at Lazio?
I am not gonna sya he was aweful but hyped and not all that.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Too be honest, I have to agree with Zoff. I think sometimes, having a bigger squad is a detriment as you have to rotate players to keep them happy. This in turn affects the team on the pitch as the starting eleven is always different. But the other side of the argument is that if you do not have such a large squad then the team can suffer if it is hit with injuries as was the case under Zaccheroni and Cuper. The strange thing now is that injuries at Inter do not seem to occur as frequently and our having a larger squad no longer seems as necessary. But in typical Inter fashion, if squad numbers were cut back, the club woiuld probably be hit with an injury crisis.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
It's a risk I think you should take. Italian Boy I can respect you saying that you think Mancini is overhyped but just be a little bit more constructive. The way you said you're comments it almost seems like you were looking for a fight. Just think of this place as someone else's house, you wouldn't go into someone elses house and start a fight would you?

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
I apologize then. I think Mancini is hyped. My opinion. If you tell me to give him time. Ok lets give him time. My point is that, maybe not in this forum but media in general was passing Mancio for the saviour when we saw the results. I also dont get why Inter does not learn from its own mistakes. I mean how many years has it been that they say they got problems on the left side? and nothing? Thats what I ask myself when I think of Inter managment.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
ITalian Boy, we respect your opinion an dI see where you are coming from. The season will speak for itself.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
it's not the number of players in a squad, it really about having the right players. They dont' even really have to be good, they just have to work well together. We obvisouly have a huge number of players, but not all of them are working well to complement each other.

We dont have the right players. we have good players but they all seem to be lacking some sort of cohesion that brings out the best in all of them.The transfer of cannavaro is really hurting us when we don't really have anyone that can pick up the slack on D.

anyway, that's how i feel at least

1 - 20 of 23 Posts