Xtratime Community banner

Who betta?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
A true hero
31,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't normally like doing Vs threads, but Andy seems to think that Zlatan will win, and I'm genuinely intrigued.

Obviously, I vote for Eto'o, what with him being clearly the better player and all.

·
A true hero
31,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How the hell did you reply to that so fast? That was literally about 3 seconds!

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
Zlatan is more creative, they're different, although Eto'o is obviously more than a poacher as well.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Obviously Eto'o.

Love Zlatan but Eto'o is the best striker in the world. Has been for most of the last 3 or 4 years.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
When on form Eto'o is an unstoppable monster that hungers for goals.

Don't get me wrong Zlatan is great too and capable of seemingly impossible things at times. Zlatan's main problem is that he hasn't scored more than 20 goals a season in the league even in Holland.

A striker's most important asset is his natural goalscoring instinct and Zlatan lacks it.

It can only be Eto'o IMHO.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Eto'o is the best forward since Pele and it is a sacrilege to compare him to Ibrahimovic.

Berbatov is Marco van Basten reincarnated.

Muntari is a poor mans Thomas Gravesen.

Zlatan "Hole in knee-cartilage" Ibrahimovic is not a big game player because he couldn't lead 10 man Inter vs Liverpool last season.

We get it man...

·
A true hero
31,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eto'o is the best forward since Pele and it is a sacrilege to compare him to Ibrahimovic.

Berbatov is Marco van Basten reincarnated.

Muntari is a poor mans Thomas Gravesen.

Zlatan "Hole in knee-cartilage" Ibrahimovic is not a big game player because he couldn't lead 10 man Inter vs Liverpool last season.

We get it man...
I think Zlatan is a world class striker. It's just I think Eto'o is the best striker in the world.

And Muntari is also a good player, I just couldn't believe how much he went for, is all.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Eto'o is the best striker in the world (Bar Villa?)....But Zlatan isn't a finishing kinda striker...he is more like a creator....Undoubtedly, both are the best in their respective positions.
And Zlatan IS better than Berbatov...moving to MU doesn't turn a player into a legend instantly....I remember the same thing happening to Tevez..Tevez was far far better in Boca and Curanthians than West Ham and MU, but his move to England was what made him "world class" in the eyes of people/.....

·
A true hero
31,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Berbatov was world class at Leverkusen and Spurs.

Tevez hasn't really hit apache status in England, no. I think most people did consider him world class, though. There was a reason him and Mascherano joining West Ham was such massive news.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Zlatan is more creative, they're different, although Eto'o is obviously more than a poacher as well.
I think you summed it up nicely.

They're both different players, but Eto'o is a better goalscorer and that's pretty obvious.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Rob, every New Maradona, when moving to Europe for first time, becomes a massive news. Didn't the same thing happen to Aimar, Riquelme, and obviously, Saviola??...Even if people have never seen them play before, there always are high expectations for new Maradonas, and Tevez is no different....
I mean, his season in West Ham and first year with MU saw him reach the world class status....By god, he was even regarded as a forerunner for Ballon D'OR.......despite being have as good as the apache of Boca....
ANd btw, you can argue the same thing on Lavezzi N' Aguero.....former turned from a promising player to a soon-to-be-world-class player, the latter....well...a promise to one of the bests in the game

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Kun is more of a Romario type of player ;)

·
A true hero
31,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tevez at Boca and Corinthians was amazing. Plus he'd already been the best player at an Olympics by that point. He didn't come over as an unproven kid.

It's different from Aguero, because Aguero moved to Europe after what, half a season?

·
A true hero
31,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Aguero is someone else who I would say is better than Zlatan, though.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts