Xtratime Community banner

If we get a big sum for Zlatan, should we sell him?

• Yes

Votes: 43 60.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 39.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumours emerging yet again that Real Madrid is tracking the Swede, and reportedly he is their number 1 target to replace Ronaldo who looks certain to leave.

So if it were up to YOU, what would you do? Sell him for a lot of money and with it start our rejuvenation, or sign him on a new contract keeping him for years and years?

Personally I'm a little torn. Zlatan has the potential to be the best player in the world if keeps his cool and learns some basic elements and humility. At the same time, we don't know of Zlatan will learn those things and mature more then he has, and his finishing among others thing will never be top notch.

So my answer is that if the sum that's mentioned in the papers (about 40 million I believe) is true, let go of him and use the money to get several players who would help our team more.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
He will ruin his career if he goes to Real Madrid but I guess Real need a tall guy so Bekz and his talant in crossing dont go to waste

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
----------------Zlatan------------
----Eto'o-------------------------
--------------------------Messi---
-----------Ronaldinho-------------

That's what I'm waiting for.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I can't see how he'd replace Ronaldo, he's not really going to score the same amount of goals is he ? RM need a guaranteed 25 goals a season man in my view.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
well i wouldn't bet my house on that although Diavolo probably would. ;)

Raul is no guarantee anymore i don't think.

Now that thanks to you Gunners I'm wealthy :cool: I'm no longer in the need of cash :neutral:

On topic: I don't believe Ibra is an asset to Juve, that's why I opted for yes :neutral:

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
And whom would we get in return upfront? Most of the fuoriclassi would either be blocked by their club or be plain too expensive.

Nah I wanna stick with Ibrahimovic, at least the bald one. We all knew beforehand that the second season in Serie A is the tricky one. Zlatan is unique in many ways. There don't come many as him in the game, with his many assets.

Besides, we don't sell our champions after 2 merely seasons, more so when his market value ain't at its highest.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Don't see why Raul would go for him now they have Cassano. Can't see him being a Mourinho type player either. Man U don't need him because they have Rooney in his position.

Who else could afford him? Liverpool? Perhaps Barca if Sammy is sold to Chelsea.

·
Registered
522 Posts
right now, no, coz i don't see any immediate replacement like him...

another few years we're gonna sell him anyway... By that time, he'll be bigger (and more expensive) and we'll sell, or his style wouldn't work at juve anymore and we'll sell....

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
When I see how the team plays with him in the side and then with him out, the choice is simple...sell, sell, sell.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Too much baggage comes with this guy, I deffo wouldn't him to ruin the friendly atmosphere at United. He wouldn't get into our 1st XI anyway.

And I think you should sell him to Real for cash plus Cassano. :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
52,524 Posts
He wouldn't get in Man U's starting eleven? :D

Besides being annoyed at him for being ineffective and indecisive sometimes, why would any Juventini would want to see a gem like Zlatan go? If the money is ridicolously high enough(as rumoured, never true figures though), I would see why.

But we dont need money to rejuvenate, his signing was that, an amazing talent who is 24 years old, why sell him? Insanely hard to replace him with another young player, because there are hardly any.

P.S i accidently voted yes.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts