Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From channel4 Football Italia:

Ibrahimovic was going to be suspended for this Sunday's trip to Lazio anyway after he was booked in the 1-0 defeat to Inter, but TV evidence was also used for his off the ball clash with Ivan Cordoba.

Not witnessed by the officials, it prompted another two-match ban that will rule the Juventus striker out of games against Bologna and Milan. It's almost certain Juve will appeal to get the suspension reduced.

That lash out on Cordoba wasn't the only incident involving Ibrahimovic during the game, as he also headbutted Sinisa Mihajlovic.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
The chances of seeing a head-butt are gone. :doh: It would've been nice to see him showboat some nifty skills with no end product. Maybe Juve can appeal and reduce his ban by one game.

Zalayeta is more of an impact player and therefore a dangerous opponent. All things said, we really should hang them out to dry in the Devil's Den. :devil:

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
It's almost certain Juve will appeal to get the suspension reduced.
Hmm.. and the odds on them being successful?? :rollani:

Put it this way, Dribble Boy not out of the game yet..... time some more Juve 'luck'?? ;)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Paratroopa said:
Yep. Nothing more to add, for now. :shades:
Man, you beat me to post this good news. :irritate:

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
BTW I think DB deserves a ban he was acting* like real pr**k in the Inter game.

Even Dave Farrar briefly removed his head from DB's rear-end last night:eek: .

*although, I suspect, there may not have been much acting involved ;)

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Genjuro said:
Man, you beat me to post this good news. :irritate:
I was surprised nobody had posted it yet, just got back from class and went through the usual routine...yahoo.it, caciomercato, goal.com, soccernet, sigames.com forums....xtratime.org, ojogo.pt, donbalon, :D

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
As usual, he gets it done.

I wonder why you guys are so quick to jump on Ibra's headbutt when in reality hardly anyone said anything about Sheva's?

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Oh, that goes without saying Pulsar.

Galliani probably put his "two cents" in on this ruling, so conveniently suspending Zlatan for the Milan match. Oh how could have anyone seen this coming..

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Because Dribble Boy has a history of headbutts and elbows while Sheva doesn't.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Andy said:
Oh, that goes without saying Pulsar.

Galliani probably put his "two cents" in on this ruling, so conveniently suspending Zlatan for the Milan match. Oh how could have anyone seen this coming..
One of the 3 match suspensions was for getting a yellow against Inter. So effectively he only got a 2 match suspension for his wrestling move on Cordoba. If his headbutt is taken into account then it's one match suspension for each incident. Now this probably seems like too much for the average Juve fan as Zlatan's previous headbutts and elbows this season have gone unnoticed and unpenalized, but for every other follower of Serie A(except Pulsar) it was more than deserved and if anything too lenient. So just shut up

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Haroon said:

So if good old Javier Zanetti punched someone, then no ban I guess according to your stupid logic. You might support a better team, but god are you dumb as ****

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
So if good old Javier Zanetti punched someone, then no ban I guess according to your stupid logic. You might support a better team, but god are you dumb as ****
You are in dire need of your prescribed pills again. :tongue: Pay a visit to the doc. I know the 2-4 must be hurting bad, not to forget the essential losses to Milan. :devil:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Haroon said:
You are in dire need of your prescribed pills again. :tongue: Pay a visit to the doc. I know the 2-4 must be hurting bad, not to forget the essential losses to Milan. :devil:
So you switched the point once more. Didn't answer how your logic makes sense.

Too bad the media knows the truth:

“There are five games remaining that are worth three points each and one that will be worth six points,” said Rossoneri director Adriano Galliani.

Galliani is often at the centre of controversy because he is both in charge of Milan and the head of the Lega Calcio, which includes the Disciplinary Commission that suspended Ibrahimovic.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
So you switched the point once more. Didn't answer how your logic makes sense.

Too bad the media knows the truth:

“There are five games remaining that are worth three points each and one that will be worth six points,” said Rossoneri director Adriano Galliani.

Galliani is often at the centre of controversy because he is both in charge of Milan and the head of the Lega Calcio, which includes the Disciplinary Commission that suspended Ibrahimovic.
Galliani got re-elected this season. If he was so bad then the other members should not have voted him for a second term.

Sheva's case was upto UEFA entirely. Merk didn't call it. His assistant didn't call it and the video evidence judge didn't call it. Had the Curva Nord not acted the way they did and the tie finished peacefully then there was a mighty good chance of Sheva getting a penalty. What Sheva did was wrong. It has nothing to do with Galliani that he didn't get penalized.

Zlatan's penalty is good. He had it coming for his behaviour (headbutts and elbowing) and Totti's 5 match ban was good as well. You cannot continue to act like kunts on the pitch and think that you will get away with a 1 match ban or even scot-free. I'm glad both had heavy bans slapped on them. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Haroon said:
Zlatan's penalty is good. He had it coming for his behaviour (headbutts and elbowing) and Totti's 5 match ban was good as well. You cannot continue to act like kunts on the pitch and think that you will get away with a 1 match ban or even scot-free. I'm glad both had heavy bans slapped on them. :thumbsup:
This paragraph speaks volumes. Keep it up Haroon. Good stuff. :cool: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
jushua said:
One of the 3 match suspensions was for getting a yellow against Inter. So effectively he only got a 2 match suspension for his wrestling move on Cordoba. If his headbutt is taken into account then it's one match suspension for each incident. Now this probably seems like too much for the average Juve fan as Zlatan's previous headbutts and elbows this season have gone unnoticed and unpenalized, but for every other follower of Serie A(except Pulsar) it was more than deserved and if anything too lenient. So just shut up
:thmbup:

Fouls:
Pos. Squadra Falli

1 Juventus 795 :eekani:

2 Messina 729

3 Bologna 728

4 Brescia 714

5 Palermo 698

6 Atalanta 695

7 Livorno 689

8 Cagliari 688

9 Reggina 680

10 Parma 667

11 Siena 647

12 Lecce 646

13 Sampdoria 643

14 Fiorentina 636

15 Roma 634

16 Internazionale 627

17 Udinese 615

18 Lazio 611

19 Chievo 576

20 Milan 574

Yellow cards:

Pos. Squadra Ammonizioni

1 Reggina 84

2 Bologna 79

2 Palermo 79

2 Messina 79

5 Roma 77

6 Brescia 76

6 Livorno 76

8 Lazio 74

9 Lecce 70

9 Parma 70

11 Cagliari 66

11 Chievo 66

11 Sampdoria 66

14 Internazionale 64

15 Fiorentina 60

16 Atalanta 57

16 Udinese 57

18 Juventus 55 :eekani:

19 Siena 53

20 Milan 50

Red cards:

Pos. Squadra Espulsioni

1 Parma 10

1 Chievo 10

3 Lazio 9

4 Brescia 8

4 Cagliari 8

4 Siena 8

7 Roma 6

7 Reggina 6

9 Atalanta 5

9 Milan 5

9 Bologna 5

9 Fiorentina 5

9 Palermo 5

9 Messina 5

15 Livorno 4

15 Lecce 4

15 Sampdoria 4

18 Internazionale 3

18 Udinese 3

20 Juventus 2 :eekani:

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Haroon said:
Oh, so by your inane logic, if Shevchenko headbutts a player he is exempt because he does not have a prior record. So I guess Cafu's tackle on Cufre earlier this season was okey-dokey considering Cafu is not really known for rash tackles. Makes a lot of sense.

You wouldn't last long in judicial proceedings Haroon.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Andy said:
Oh, so by your inane logic, if Shevchenko headbutts a player he is exempt because he does not have a prior record. So I guess Cafu's tackle on Cufre earlier this season was okey-dokey considering Cafu is not really known for rash tackles. Makes a lot of sense.

You wouldn't last long in judicial proceedings Haroon.
There's a reason I'm not a lawyer, judge or anything to do with the courts. :tongue:

In the sport of football, reputation does brush off on the officials. Keep a good record of yourself and it will help somewhere down the line whereas an indisciplined history will eventually catch up. ;)

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
i dont know about you guys , but Ijust saw the highlights of juve vs Inter and I laughed by @ss off when I saw the Ibrahimovic incident. A 3 match ban for that ?? Ok , Both Mihailovic and Zlatan should have been awarded a yellow card , one for making a move and the other for crying like a baby. I cant stand that !!! that wasnt even a head bump , djeezes :mad: same as Sheva vs Materazzi , that freak acted like sheva just cut of his dingelong :mad:

1 - 20 of 133 Posts