Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alessandro Del Piero empathises with Zlatan Ibrahimovic after the Swede reacted angrily to being substituted on Sunday.

Ibra sparked controversy by leaving the pitch apparently mouthing: “I wish you would leave,” to Coach Roberto Mancini, who had threatened to quit the club last week.

Despite the Swedish international’s protests that he wasn’t addressing his boss, the Press have seized the chance to suggest that Mancio has lost the faith of his players.

However, Del Piero believes that Zlatan’s reaction was understandable and has been misinterpreted.

“The standard line is to say that the Coach’s choice must be respected, but everyone feels disappointed when they are substituted,” the Juve captain explained.

“Having battled and tried to score and taken all the blows, it feels like you have failed if you are taken off and you react against the person you expected to believe in you.

“However, Ibrahimovic did get his chances, his minutes on the pitch, and Mancini should be free to make his decisions.”

The latest Press speculation suggests that Ibra’s comments may have been aimed at teammate Luis Figo, who has become increasingly isolated in the dressing room since allegedly refusing to come on as a substitute against Liverpool.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Why on earth is Capitano defending this c*unt? :fero:

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Thought I was on the Inter forum for a second.

:howler:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I don't think Del Piero wants to go to Inter, and Zlatan would not want to go back to Juve.

·
Administrator
53,292 Posts
He is just explaining how frustrated players can be in getting subbed out, nothing more. Just giving perspective and understanding. Usually even if they seem they are lashing out at others, its also mainly frustration on their own performance.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally, Inter & Juve fans both agree on something :D :thumbsup:

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Del Piero knows about this matter, he absolutely suffered during the Capello era, he was awesome yet Capello benched him for the (at that time) awful Zlatan.

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Yeah he was the super sub at the Capello era.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Politics.

I would not mind if Zlatan came, but only with a humble attitude. Juve is a team of champions. But first comes the team then come the champions.
But i doubt that he would come. The way Juve fans curse him...i wouldnt want to go if i was him.
If Zlatan wants inter, then it should be respected.
If its a matter of money, then he should be evaluated. Was he worth it?
YES i think.
But if they decided to sell him and it was a money issue...then Juve should curse the management in the games, not to do anything in their power to keep ibra.
Now if Juve deems this to be a good solution due to the scircumstances , then the fans should thank ibra for his game in turin and thats it. Who cares if he went to Inter.
Juve didn't give him what he wanted. Or maybe maybe he is an inter fan which like i said should be respected. If i was playing for Inter i would definately go to juve were they to offer me a contract.

i dont believe zlatan would come to juve howeer.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Politics.

I would not mind if Zlatan came, but only with a humble attitude. Juve is a team of champions. But first comes the team then come the champions.
But i doubt that he would come. The way Juve fans curse him...i wouldnt want to go if i was him.
If Zlatan wants inter, then it should be respected.
If its a matter of money, then he should be evaluated. Was he worth it?
YES i think.
But if they decided to sell him and it was a money issue...then Juve should curse the management in the games, not to do anything in their power to keep ibra.
Now if Juve deems this to be a good solution due to the scircumstances , then the fans should thank ibra for his game in turin and thats it. Who cares if he went to Inter.
Juve didn't give him what he wanted. Or maybe maybe he is an inter fan which like i said should be respected. If i was playing for Inter i would definately go to juve were they to offer me a contract.

i dont believe zlatan would come to juve howeer.

Zlatan is just like a b!tch (with a moustache).

He would 'play' for whoever pays more. Juve, Inter, Roma or Milan it doesn't matter to him. He is also not the most popular player in the Swedish national team, the players and media hate him for some reason :howler:

·
Registered
38 Posts
The bias towards Zlatan is pretty comical TBH.On one hand you have people who think he's a God,and on the other hand you have people who think he's absoloute shit.In all fairness,he's a pretty good player evne though he does have the tendency to be invisible in crunch games.Some die hard Del Piero fans have never been able to get over the fact that for two seasons,he was getting more playing time than their icon,and yes,Zlatan didnt deserve to play more than Del Piero in his 2nd season at the club.In his first season he was arguably our best player,so Capello's faith in him paid dividends for that amount of time alteast.

And no dpforever,im not targetting you.Im just making a random statement.Perhaps you have a different and more logical reason to hate Zlatan,but a lot of die hard Del Piero fans base their hatred for Zlatan(And Capello for that matter) solely on his very fact.They wont even admit that Zlatan was great in his first season at the club.

·
Administrator
53,292 Posts
I dont think its restricted to Del Piero fans. He is just a good scapegoat to vent on. Did nothing more then what the others did, but he has annoying qualities like being bit cocky, childish and immature (quit unprofessional when things go bad), so he doesnt make it hard for him to be disliked if people are looking to do so. Is a good posterboy for good ol fashion hatorade.

Btw, regarding Del Piero and Zlatan, I dont think its a coincidence his first great season was while playing with Del Piero and as targetman(when Trez was out injured most of the season), and when he was mediocre in the next season, it was while playing with Trezeguet and as very deep free roaming forward. Him and DP had a very good partnership.

·
Administrator
53,292 Posts
No one can define what it is to be a Del Piero fan just because they feel a certain way about a player they dislike.

Dont have to be Del Piero something in my name or scream Forza ale every 2 minutes, for him to be someone who more or less defines football for me, and has since I was 10.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts