Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has fuelled speculation of a split with Alessandro Del Piero by claiming he can’t wait to partner David Trezeguet.

“Trezeguet is one of the best hitmen in the world and we really need him now more than ever,” said the Swedish international. “I don’t know if when he returns we’ll have the best strikeforce, but it’ll certainly be one of the tallest!”

Ibrahimovic has settled in quickly to Serie A, successfully playing alongside both Del Piero and Marcelo Zalayeta, but the captain’s poor form means he could find himself left on the sidelines when Trezeguet recovers from shoulder surgery later this month.

“Alessandro cannot always be at the top of his game,” continued the former Ajax star, “but the team still needs him. Unfortunately, there are three of us fighting for places and one will have to go on the bench.”

Ibrahimovic is celebrating his nomination as ‘Juventus Player of the Month’ following crucial goals, the most recent of which was in the 1-1 draw at Parma.

“I am settling in well and doing my best, but the team is helping me a great deal and I believe I’ll get better with every game. I don’t think we missed an opportunity at the Tardini, as Sebastien Frey performed some wonderful saves and we played well.”

Nonetheless, that result has allowed Milan to close the gap to just two points, so a victory against Livorno on Sunday afternoon is crucial.

“We are still the leaders and two points are not to be sniffed at,” insisted Ibrahimovic. “It looks like a two-horse race right now, but Inter are not out of the running for the Scudetto yet.”

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan8b.html

I just love him. It's unfortunate that he plays for the dark side but he's my favourite footballer for a long time. Both for his play and for his refreshing confidence.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah. Zlatan was also voted "Juventus player of December" by the fans.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
THE Captian can't be benched,, + he is regaining his form, benching DP nw means killing his career.

·
Registered
17,625 Posts
DP is perpetually "regaining his form" until inevitably he gets injured again, is subsequently out for a while and then has to start from square 1 all over again.

Zlatan is just insinuating what we all know will happen, DP will be riding the bench once Trezz is fit.

It may not be a bad thing for DP either, as i think he'll perform better once the pressure of being an integral part of the first team set up is off of him.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
It never occur for any of you that this kind of speechs can break a team? that is a task of the coach to determine this? that even being a task of the coach, must be talked in the locker room?..is disgusting to hear a player talking shit of his partners because he is in a sweet time, in fact if he i playing great: HE IS ALREADY TALKING IN THE WAY HE SHOULD; IN THE PITCH!, see how Roma is with all the lows and highs, because of constant bitching, I have my share also with Boca many times, it's just not right.
And btw, why on hell can play the three of them? is just a personal problem of him with Del Piero, and he is spreading it to the jackals of the media. Is not a DP defending what I'm doing here, because may be DP is doing the same shit, BTW or Capello is encouraging him with obscure motives, or Fabio might be pretty mad with him...
BTW, is last chance of typical invented declarations too, won't be a surprise too...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Fangio said:
that is a task of the coach to determine this?
If it was really a task of the coach, whoever Juventus coach, Del Piero would rarely start.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Zlatan is giving his input as regards to aspects that aren't his concern, but I fail to see anything in his (supposed) quotes half as disrespectful to DP as the title suggests. Talking about a storm in a glass of water!...

·
Registered
17,625 Posts
Fangio said:
It never occur for any of you that this kind of speechs can break a team? that is a task of the coach to determine this? that even being a task of the coach, must be talked in the locker room?..is disgusting to hear a player talking shit of his partners because he is in a sweet time, in fact if he i playing great: HE IS ALREADY TALKING IN THE WAY HE SHOULD; IN THE PITCH!, see how Roma is with all the lows and highs, because of constant bitching, I have my share also with Boca many times, it's just not right.
And btw, why on hell can play the three of them? is just a personal problem of him with Del Piero, and he is spreading it to the jackals of the media. Is not a DP defending what I'm doing here, because may be DP is doing the same shit, BTW or Capello is encouraging him with obscure motives, or Fabio might be pretty mad with him...
BTW, is last chance of typical invented declarations too, won't be a surprise too...
That's a fair point, and surely one that most if not all Juventini realize. Maybe his jab was motivated by personal problems with DP, but none of us know that for sure and thus we have to take his statement at face value. And in this case, i find Zlatan's honesty refreshing.
There have been many DP apologists over the years, yours truely forming part of the ranks at times, but the fact is DP remains an underperforming entity for us especially at this point in time. And i find it refreshing that someone within the organisation can simply call a spade a spade with regards to the matter, instead of the usual making up of excuses.

Most of all, i think all of us knew the sort of character we'd be getting in Zlatan when he came to Juve, and therefore i don't think it comes as a surprise that he's made such a statement. I certainly am not. Zlatan is undiplomatic, brash and cocky, and he has the right to be that by virtue of his season so far. Besides, i have confidence in Capello to handle whatever situation that may arises as a result.

The bottomline i think is that Zlatan wants to win, and so do i. DP increasingly doesn't look part of that equation, at least not a major part of it.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GO ZLATAN! :cool:

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
If it was really a task of the coach, whoever Juventus coach, Del Piero would rarely start.
Still be, or any player in a good moment should arm the team? don't get confuse, obvioulsy things ar pretty ****ed up, for a player to speak this way, and also to use DP every match if he is constantly playing bad, but still not be Zlatan task, that is what I'm saying, I hate players that bash others in public, you have a problem? well go and deal it as aman and in private, and in the meantime play as good as you can.

Zlatan is giving his input as regards to aspects that aren't his concern, but I fail to see anything in his (supposed) quotes half as disrespectful to DP as the title suggests. Talking about a storm in a glass of water!...
Well even when Zlatan is capable of this talking, can more than probably be invented too...

The bottom line is that Trez for nstance enter, and plays like shit, while let's say Zlatan still plays good, waht head is going to roll?..Capello's, but who knows knowing Capello if he in some way does not encourage this talk in order to move DP easier, if the scenario is like Amoros is saying..nevertheless the best teams SPEAK in the pitch, and leave their differences aside there, once you start a fire you could end burst with luck, but mostly burned, wtach Roma all trying to leave a ship is not even seriously sinking, but every day in more shit because of constant talking, and media declarations, players should be wise that once you gave the hand to media, they will take the whole arm next...

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
If Alex is benched, Juve can kiss their Scudetto race goodbye :kiss: Just look at the last 8 years. Every time Del Piero didn't play, injured, etc, Juve suked big time. :skull: It will happen again. The only way Juve can win the championship is if Alex regains his form. If Capello does the stupid thing and thinks to give up on the captain, then ....... bye bye Juve. 3rd or 4th place I believe.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What will happen when DP retires then, gba? ;) Juve to Serie B?

·
Administrator
53,107 Posts
VERDI said:
I just love him. It's unfortunate that he plays for the dark side but he's my favourite footballer for a long time. Both for his play and for his refreshing confidence.
I second that,and its odd why so many swedes dislikes his attitude(atleast in the media).His my favourite player after Del Piero (my all time favourite) and I cant say how happy I was seeing his suprise move to us. And I dont see anything wrong with what he said(though its not recommended that you should say this to the media) even if it is a bit cocky.Zlatan is currently better and should play,there is nothing else to that.And I think it will help Del Piero,to be benched and find some motivation atleast,though I fear Capello wont bench Zlatan even he plays like shit,wich he wont for too long hopefuly,but I ask myself if Capello would really bench Zlatan if he is in horrible form ( deja vu ;) ).

·
Registered
667 Posts
juve89 said:
**** Zlatan! he is useless Del Piero is way better than him, it is Zlatan who should be benched!!!
I guess you havent followed Juventus this season?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
It doesnt really matter what Zlatan says...Capello doesnt like DP, so of course he'll sit the bench when Trez comes back

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Nero said:
DP is perpetually "regaining his form" until inevitably he gets injured again, is subsequently out for a while and then has to start from square 1 all over again.

Zlatan is just insinuating what we all know will happen, DP will be riding the bench once Trezz is fit.

It may not be a bad thing for DP either, as i think he'll perform better once the pressure of being an integral part of the first team set up is off of him.
Hey Noobie ... I mean Nero. :tongue:

Scrubs fan eh?

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
This is really stupid. I read this article and it was noting like the title suggests. He´s just saying that they really miss Trez, as a team, but what team wouldn´t miss a striker that has won the scoring-title without one single PK or FK. And also the fact that Zlatan haven´t gotten rest al season etc. Just because he says that he awaits Trez return doesn´t mean in anyway that he thinks Alex sucks. In Milan they still await Inzaghis return, does that mean that they belive that Crespo and Sheva suck? You be the judge..

1 - 20 of 70 Posts