Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)

We all know that when fit R9 is teh best player notonly in the world but he is better than those dudes on the moon Mara and Jupiter but now he is down let us give our opinions.

I don't have to go on and on about the assets ofthese guys but what i wanna talk about is effective ness.

Rivaldo
Is not always very effective an dyou guys know this.

Zizou and Figo almost always are because they carry the ball at their feet more.

So let me ask you guys this question.......if you had to chose one playmaker for your team if you were a manager who would it be?

Figo Zizou or Rivaldo and tell me why.....

I personally wouldn't chose any of them......i would chose Veron or Nedved but those 3 are the popular choices.

C'mon guys respon let's here.

B

·
0 Posts
For me, it´s Figo-Zidane-Rivaldo (although I would NOT rank Rivaldo among the top three currently).

Figo has both great technical abilities and will to fight, he can shine all alone AND helps to let the whole team shine. He must have been one of the most effevtive players during the last couple of seasons as far as assisting is concerned. I also love his dribblings.

Zidane is a great playmaker. I love watching him, but I prefer Figo, though.

Rivaldo is great, but he seemed to be a bit tired (or out-form?) last season. But this year, with Figo left, Barca needs him more than ever.

But why are we always talking about offensive players - Nesta e.g. was amazing at EC 2000, Thuram is great, too, and Cannavaro stunned me. These players also have to be considered when we´re talking about the best players around. And there certainly are loads of South Americans that I don´t even know but who must be great, too - Saviola or Aimar for example. I haven´t ever seen them, but according to some of you in here, they must be fantastic.

[Edited by Bateman on 27-07-2000 at 20:48]

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
FIGO.

rivaldo is very talented, but he drifts in and out. when he is on form, he's the best of the three. but his form often disappears. look at the arg-brazil game. when brazil thought they would need him the most, he wasn't there. but then again he was there for brazil when the rest of the team wasn't against educador (2 goals) and uruguay (last-minute penalty). if he were more consistent, i'd pick him.

zidane is superskillful. but his is overrated. right now he's just on a good run with a couple of great teams (juve, france). people were in love with him in world cup 98, but what did he do? get a red card for stepping on a guy? he's overrated.

figo is 100 percent a team player who ALWAYS shows up to play. he's not a goalscorer-playmaker combo like rivaldo, but he can have a greater impact on TEAM PLAY. rivaldo wins games by himself. figo wins games by making the team better with dazzling runs and passes.

if i were building a team, tazz, i'd pick figo, who also is tougher and more durable than the other two. i would never select veron because he's an argie.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Zidane is.

I can't be bothered to justify it right now. I'll come back tomorrow (if I'm still alive...).

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
yeah, come in here and say zidane is the best and then run away. chicken. there is no way you can justify putting zidane over figo, even if you take all night to think about it.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Yeah, as if you'd expect me to rate this pesetario Figo that has just cost us our captain above Zidane! Right.

Go to the Barcelona forum (or the Real Madrid as from today) and post your complaint. And wait for the answers too!

H

·
0 Posts
Figomenal

Figomenal......

Rivaldo should not even be compared to the other two giants...He focuses only on his game, he doesnt play for the team and he aint got the skills to serve a team mate with an inviting pass...

Zidane is on his descending career phase and the fact he has been playing for the european and world champions makes the most of it...

Figo is simply figomenal..he enjoys playing and he makes others enjoy it too..his touch is pure magic and his skills unparallel..he dribles,he scores ,hes good at set pieces,he takes corners,he drives defenses crazy and hes always there with a delicious cross putting his mates with goal at their mercy....no wonder hes the most valuable player in the world- 45m pounds

T

·
0 Posts
Figo!!!!! simple justification...

Zidane and Rivaldo can be man marked!! It puzzles me why teams dont do it!!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
The best player of the world is ROMARIO.
Unti he finishes he wil be the best of the world...and nobody comes close!! (by the way JOHANN CRUJFF agrees with me!:))

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
These 3 players are wonderful playmakers but if i had to chose i would pick Zidane over ANYONE!He is the best player of the world at this time...no one even comes close to him!

Some people may question his evectiveness, in that case, i would just sincerely invite you all to watch him play be it at Juve or France (which are ironically 2 very unpopular teams for some reasons:) ; so not because he plays for a team that you dislike that he is overrated and should not be given the credits due to him! that is very unfair to say the least!:)

You want to see football played at his best?you want to see football the way it is supposed to be played?the way a man sacrifices lots of energies and puts himself at the disposal of his team and teamates all the time yet still being able to shine like the most brillant star of the universe, then look no further than Zinedine Zidane!

Figo may be a fabulously skilled player no doubt about it!But does he sacrifices a lot of energy to help his teamates doing the dirty job of recuperating balls? Does he put himself at the disposal of his teamates? I think not.

Rivaldo is wonderful player to watch!Extremely skilled who can score goals at will (when he wants) and able to set up goals in the most attractive ways but once again does he contribute to the dirty job of recuperating the balls?I think not.

Well, one may rightly say that these players' job is to create and not recuperate but Zidane does it all:recuperates, creates and scores! what else can you ask from a player? Nothing than just keep it up. Figo and Rivaldo may be the best playmakers of the world, but Zidane is the most complete and best player of the world!

And he's getting better and better and better day after day!
The older he gets, the better he becomes like the French wine...the next 5 years will be his!and the world will be at his feet!

Allez Yahzid!!!
Montre-leur que t'es le meilleur!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Figo!
He plays for the team and he can let a goal,great playmaker,assistent and goalgetter!!Neither is better today than him!! Real+Figo=curiously sounds,isnt?!!!!:D

D

·
0 Posts
Zidane on the ascending phase of his career?, no way in hell man!!! he's just going to get better. I have a feeling his best performance will come at the WC 2002, then he's 29, so many players are their best then, even the great Pele was :D :cool:

Zidane is the wizard, the magician, with 2 magical feet, which makes him invincible. :)
He's effective on the ball as of it, he can do things no other players can, create goals out of nothing, but also score brilliant goals himself, notably direct-free-kicks :)

To me Zinedine Zidane is the no.1 player in the world!! :)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
In my opinion the best player in the world is Fernando Redondo,and if I was building a team from scratch he would be the first player I would bring in my roster with Nedved second and Thuram third.

If I had to choose however between Rivaldo,Figo and Zidane I think I would give Zidane the nod.I think he is less impressive than the other two but I persdonally have never seen Zidane being shut down by one player as Figo was by Thuram and Rivaldo TWICE by Farinos.Zidane is more mobile than the other two,I mean he moves without the ball as well whi9le Rivaldo is sleeping without the ball and Figo just waits for it.Zizou also helps at defence (Figo does this too).But then Rivaldo is the best goalscorer and Figo the most versatile.

Anyway,its a matter of taste rather than value.Because they are all about the same.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
i think figo is the best,aftera great year and after real signed him with a record fee he will probably become "player of the year",rivaldo was number 1 last year this year its figo's year,next year it will probably be someone else,who knows....

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

But why are we always talking about offensive players - Nesta e.g. was amazing at EC 2000, Thuram is great, too, and Cannavaro stunned me. These players also have to be considered when we´re talking about the best players around. And there certainly are loads of South Americans that I don´t even know but who must be great, too - Saviola or Aimar for example. I haven´t ever seen them, but according to some of you in here, they must be fantastic.
The reason we are not talking about defenders i because we are in the Brasilian forum...they only appreciate offence. I am serious i hear crap over here every day about how defenders are better today than 20 years ago so football is not as good and the players aren't as skillful...AHHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! ridiculous. :):)

originally posted by Ze De Fiel
best player of the world is ROMARIO.
Unti he finishes he wil be the best of the world...and nobody comes close!! (by the way JOHANN CRUJFF agrees with me!
Johan Cryuf Maradona and by god your sweet Pele are all [email protected] and you know it. Almost every former great player is an idiot and you know this Ze. Cryuf says things like Davids should be more committed.....PURE [email protected] statement in itself right there.

Amo.........Zidane can't be man marked? Ask Pesotto about man marking Zidane

So listen up guys IMHO if you stop talking about playmakers Zanetti is by far rthe best player IMHO but in playmakers while if i had to get a playmaker for my team as a coach i would chase Veron as a fan if i had one player to chose to watch today it is the incomparible Zinedine Zidane.

Zidane has been on teh field with hndreds of champions and almost every time he outshines them.

COuntless times against R9 and Batigol. Raul and Figo. Veron and Davids.

Man Many players have faced Zidane and very few have come out on the winning side. One of them though is the great Veron.

But i don't think he is better than Zidane now but eventually will be.

[Edited by ilTAZZ on 29-07-2000 at 01:06]

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Tazzy,you know how much I rate Zanetti,but there is absolutely no way he is better than Redondo.They are not in the same postion but overal I think Redondo is the best and most valuable player ibn the world,he does everything and does it good.He doesnt score but he assists so many goals its scary!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I would have said Veron also, but since you leave him out of these three guys, I'd say Zidane because of his awesome technique and the fact that Juve without him is pathetic (Del Piero is not that strong a figure). And the fact that he pulls the whole team forward is also admirable. He has a perfect control of the field.
And although Figo is more constant than Rivaldo I would put the Brazilian at a higher position because of his more complex characteristics- excelent physical appearance, powerfull dribble and speed, great shot, relevantly good pass.
I would also agree with Amoroso over Redondo and not only because he is joining my favorite team, he is a great figure able to win the respect and the trust of all the other players in the team (i.e. Raul and Roberto Carlos). And at the same time he is probably the most complex player in the world.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nah c'mon guys....Zanetti has everything that Redondo has plus 5 years or so.

Name one thing that Redondo can do that Zanetti cannot do.

the only thing is Zanetti's very very weak box play in the defencive penalty area......horrible absolutely horrible but that equals Redondo's horrible finishing.....the man cannot score if you paid him to......hey....HE IS PAID TO SCORE :):):)

Zanetti is the best in the world......Sol Campbell is probably the second best :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

hahaha at least i would think so if i were English.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Hmmm. Zanetti is one level below Redondo. The only advantage Zanetti has is that he is 4 years younger than Redondo. That's it.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
How can Zanetti even be mentioned here Tazz ?
He's a great team player, has good skills, is fast and all that, but he's not a man who wins matches. Amoroso's reasons for picking another player are better I feel as Redondo is simply such a commanding precense in the field. Personally I would always pick Davids (maybe Emerson in the future) over him, but that's maybe my Juve admiration shining through.

On the best player- I almost got misty reading San Siro's comment... Zidane for me :).
He lacks a LITTLE bit in the leadership department, but give him a good team and he'll make it VERY good. Redondo and Davids I think could make a bad team good which is out of Zizou's range, but no-one makes an impact on a good team like Zidane.

The way he carries the ball is simply out of this world, but I do appreciate both Figo and Rivaldo as great, great players as well. Figo's versatility and leadership makes him number two (he's obviously an awesome player technically as well) in my book.

Veron is the complete modern player, and his impact on a team is awesome. He's not as good defensively as Redondo and Davids and he's not as good offensively as the three candidates mentioned here. He's a mix and for that he's rather unique, but don't tell me his skill level is ANYTHING like Zizou, Figo and Rivaldo's.
He might be as important to a team, but not a pleasure to watch like Zizou-Spain, Zizou-Portugal.

Ciao.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts