Xtratime Community banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,885 Posts
For a guy that can jump out of the gym, he gets very few rebounds.

He's a freak of nature, but I really doubt he can stay fit or play whole seasons while giving maximum effort, his conditioning is very iffy and I have doubts about his effort level, the rebounds are just setting off alarm bells for me.

·
Administrator
52,506 Posts
He is clearly in like only 70-80% of his capabilities, he is still not fully fit and in form physically, because in Duke, catched few games, he had way higher tempo and gave effort in defense that was insane. Its clear in his nba career right now he is recovering from like 8 months of barely playing ball and not being healthy. But he is still dominating and EATING UP EVERY BIG IN THE GAME LIKE THEY ARE A CHILD.

Crazy athletic talent. When he gets a full season next season, and proper pre-season, he will become a true problem.

·
Registered
43,826 Posts
@Andy Christ

Yeah, it looks that way.

Looks like he'd be a big name even by 90's NBA standards.

The guy makes Lonzo look like Nash or the Glove on offence, ffs.

Agree with @R10! about the potential downside though...there's a path where he can become the next Oliver Miller if he's not careful.

·
Administrator
52,506 Posts
He's not fat, he just needs to be healthy, he is super explosive but needs to either trim a little bit, or be coached and prepped in how to land and maintain his core in his legs.

But so far he is, even in a historically more free scoring league then ever before, a truly unique beast. From the games I seen, he is a match up nightmare for every player in the league except Giannis so far.

·
1st Tier Poster
48,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
For a guy that can jump out of the gym, he gets very few rebounds.

He's a freak of nature, but I really doubt he can stay fit or play whole seasons while giving maximum effort, his conditioning is very iffy and I have doubts about his effort level, the rebounds are just setting off alarm bells for me.
He's good at getting offensive rebounds and immediately converting these into baskets though. This is way more valuable than padding your stats with uncontested defensive rebounds.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts