Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a monstrous 6'7, 230-lbs 16 year old with elite hops and athleticism...cue the LeBron comparisons

but he really looks very promising

here are his highlights from just one game:

[Tub]fALq-uwQ5Vw[/Tub]

Hopefully he'll join the Gamecocks (South Carolina is his home state).

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, LeBron is 6'8 and 250lbs so for a 16-year old kid to have almost similar body to him (with comparable athleticism as well) is petty special.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well yeah, LeBron's basketball IQ and passing skills were clearly through the roof even as a teenager...Williamson most likely will not be as good as him but he's a ball-handling dunk-happy point forward with a very similar body and physical abilities by the same age. so I think it's a natural comparison.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
I saw his compilation through one of Professor's videos, and I must admit the guy is special indeed. Since he is pretty much an adult playing a bunch of kids, I'd love to see him in college first in order to make a proper assessment.

Btw, did anyone catch the highlights of LaMelo play those Compton goons with that one blonde haired white guy :howler:? Talk about the difference in physique and the score to boot

·
Registered
44,980 Posts
The guy seems to have the chunky DNA where he'll inflate in a number of years. How good are his ranged jumpers? From some highlights, he looks like he's Larry Johnson Mk II.

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
The guy seems to have the chunky DNA where he'll inflate in a number of years. How good are his ranged jumpers? From some highlights, he looks like he's Larry Johnson Mk II.
Yeah so far there's been a great hype train built around him. I just hope he's the real deal after his one and done is over with. At this point he doesn't have the jumper unfortunately. His defensive lineman body and his vertical leap are his selling points so far. I hope to see how he'll be able to utilize his athleticism at the NCAA level against the bigger teams. This is one of Duke's best recruiting classes again (maybe more athletic than the other years). Three guys around the same size with allegedly good talent and the last recruit just a basic point guard (brother of Tyus Jones). I guess another freshman team might fall short at the tournament level but I hope at least 2 of the 3 top recruits of theirs are legit.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
guy has a 40-inch vert and weighs more than any NBA player except Marjanovic

he could already beast in NBA

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,888 Posts
Not seen him play an actual game, but if he can D up and be good at the defensive end, the sky is the limit for this guy.

·
Registered
44,980 Posts
Would help if Nike made him some half-decent shoes too.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He has pretty much the greatest mass/explosiveness ratio in the history of basketball. It's insane to think that this 18yo kid weighs more than any NBA player except Marjanovic and yet is one of the greatest leapers in the game.

One of the most promising natural talents ever...of course he doesn't have LeBron's basketball mind or court vision...but still I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes almost as big of a star.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,888 Posts
Yeah but can he compete with Giannis?

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Summer League has started

Zion will make his debut in the Pelicans shirt. He will face his Duke teammate RJ Barrett who plays for the visiting Knicks.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Zion is expected to make his NBA debut in mid-December. I'm guessing it will be vs the Nets at home on 18th Dec.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He's a real deal for sure...one of the greatest ever career starts. Longest +20 pts games stretch in a row ever for any teen player.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts