Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Best of luck Zizou! May you be half as good of a coach as you were a player and all will be well in Madrid! :)

Hala Zizou! Hala Madrid!

PS take special care of the Croatians in the squad and do lots of 1 on 1 coaching with Kovacic :D

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Zidane was nothing without the double pivot, I hope he demands a solid DM and BTB midfielder!

France:
---------------------DESCHAMPS-----------PETIT--------------------
---------------------DESCHAMPS-----------VIEIRA--------------------
---------------------MAKELELE-----------VIEIRA--------------------

Juve:
---------------------DESCHAMPS-----------DAVIDS--------------------

Real Madrid (2003):
---------------------MAKELELE-----------CAMBIASSO--------------------

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
POGBA will joins us, I can feel it!

·
Nº Socio; 504515
6,715 Posts
Love Zizou but we all know he is Perez's best pet. Best of luck to him ...i hope he uses our youth more than ever

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
http://www.goal.com/en/news/722/la-liga/2016/01/04/18980852/in-full-zidanes-statement-after-becoming-real-madrids-new

IN FULL: Zidane's statement after becoming Real Madrid's new coach

The 1998 World Cup winner and Blancos legend showed his delight in succeeding Benitez, and set his sights on silverware by the end of his first season

Zinedine Zidane has thanked Real Madrid president Florentino Perez for the opportunity to replace Rafa Benitez as coach.

The Frenchman was presented as the latest trainer of the Spanish giants by Perez, who removed Benitez from his post after less than a season.

And the former Castilla boss, who will move up to the first-team with immediate effect, expressed his delight at receiving the call.

“I want to thank the club and you, president, for giving me the chance to coach this great team,” Zidane told a press conference on Monday evening.

"Today is a very exciting day for me, even more so than when I signed as a player. I am going to give all my heart for this club."

In a short statement, Zidane added that he was determined to win a trophy in his maiden season.

“We have the best team and the best supporters in the world. I will do everything possible to win something this season," he told reporters.

“The most important thing is to be with the team tomorrow to start working."

·
Administrator
52,912 Posts
Big words winning something, when most likely title to win in the cup is no more.

I wish him best of luck, he will surely need it. I sadly predict this will end badly, mainly will be a shame seeing fans who used to cherish him turn against him (some too quickly...)...

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
DANILO will score the winning goal that will give us LA UNDECIMA!

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Best of luck, Zizou.

I wish you had a more experienced coaching staff surrounding you instead of ex-Real Madrid players given to you by the President. Not really the best way to start when your entire staff is selected by somebody else. I also fear he will be a complete Florentino puppet and do whatever his President tells him to do.

None the less, he is at least an individual that appreciates attacking football and I'm curious to see the development, if any, from players like James, Isco, and Kovacic under his guidance. While no personality will be strong enough to snap Cristiano into line, Zizou might be the one person who Sergio has to respect and will listen to. Most of the squad will like him, especially a guy like Benzema.

I'm trying to stay positive, so here's hoping to Zizou having a long reign as Real Madrid manager. :thumbsup:

·
Jamon y queso.
656 Posts
Best of luck to Zizou. I hope the higher ups/fans/media/etc respect him and the context of his appointment enough to give the team time to get back on track.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I love Zidane and wish him the best of luck but I wish he was coaching under a different president , Perez will likely not let him coach the way he wants.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Good luck to the legend! I wish it were under different circumstances really, but what can we do, other than root and support him from now on.

1 - 20 of 222 Posts