Xtratime Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zinedine Zidane Sets 2004 Int'l Retirement Date
News Archive

Terrible performance by the defending champions (Allsport)
06/12/2002. Zinedine Zidane has confided he will retire from international football in two years after the European Championships to be staged in Portugal. The French virtuoso has revealed he is extremely disappointed with the World Champions early exit from the 2002 WC but nonetheless received a superb welcome by fans at Paris airport earlier today.

"It really hurts to go out in such circumstances" Zidane said shortly after returning from Korea with the French team. "Even though I won the Champions League this season, this terrible performance is very hard to accept".

"I can't analyse this situation right now. I'm in a sort of blur. An overwhelming sense of disappointment transpired from the dressing room after the Denmark game" he said. "Now I will set my thoughts and ambitions on Portugal 2004. And after that, it'll be over?#34;

soccerage
-------------------
a lot of french players are in their 30's or close to 30....i think it's time for france to call up some young players like dalmat, cisse, frey...they are the future of france NT...

good luck, france...

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Zidane will turn 30 at the end of this month. He'll be 32 in 2004, so he'll still have some of his genius left in him.:)

ALLEZ YAZHID!:star::star::cool:

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,503 Posts
San_Siro_1 said:
Zidane will turn 30 at the end of this month. He'll be 32 in 2004, so he'll still have some of his genius left in him.:)

ALLEZ YAZHID!:star::star::cool:
Heck he's a spring rooster ... and 2006 and Germany are also right around the corner ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts