Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Anelka hopes to revive France career

PARIS, Feb 6 (SW) – Manchester City striker Nicolas Anelka hopes he can talk to France international manager Jacques Santini to revive his international career.

Only six months ago, the City ace stated it would take apologies from Jacques Santini to see him going back to play for France but it now seems Anelka is willing to talk to the French coach and revive his international career with ‘Les Bleus’.

“I would like to talk to him and see how he sees things. If I have to say things to him, it will be face to face. If apologies need to be presented, it will need to be done in person, and not through the media,” said Anelka to French sport newspaper L’Equipe.

The confirmation of Djibril Cisse’s 5-match suspension having been confirmed, it could be the opportunity for Anelka to wear the French jersey again, as Euro 2004 is only a few months away.

Despite the City striker’s chance to see his case re-examined, a number of top strikers, including Lyon’s Govou and Luyuindula, Auxerre’s Kapo, Marseille’s Marlet, have still a good chance to be picked for this summer’s European championship. France’s next friendly fixtures promise to be crucial for Santini and his decision regarding the French attacking system.

:rollani:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I think it would be a very good decision from Santini to consider giving Nico a chance as Nico is the explosive type of player whom could be a tremendous asset to our team. Morever, he has matured now as a grown up man and he is no longer the spoilt ungrateful brat he was not a long time ago. So all in all, Govou, Marlet, Saha and all are good options, but the best IMO remains still Anelka. Imagine an Anelka, Trez, Titi attack. Simply out of this world! A lot of options for Santini and a heck of a headaches for the opposition's coaches.

And I'm also glad that Nico is opening the door to apologies with Santini. Let us hope Santini also is as wise as Nico and everything will as they say "tout est bien qui finit bien". Espérons-le!:)

ALLEZ NICO!!!:star:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Jacques_Terrac said:
I think both Pierre-Alain Frau & Louis Saha should have a chance in Les Bleus....
But then Santini would have to throw out Govou and Wiltord. There are just too many strikers.

Anelka is better than Saha IMO.

·
Registered
56,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
who remember the france-england after the wc98?
anelka scores 3 goals but one of them wasn't allowed.
the combination zidane-alnelka worked very well.

·
Registered
56,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes, a little try, just for see;)
anelka is the best manchester city player, i think he is in the best top scorers in ELP.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I can´t believe that L´OM sent Daniel Van Buyten to City on loan... what is Bouchet thinking:confused: Sommeil is far from good...

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Anelka has called Santini on his mobile phone, on Thuram and Viera's advice
Better send him a text message that would be easier " Allez Santini mé moi ds l'équipe stp":D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts