Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe this is a silly thread. But i'm just curious to know whether Zidane ever played brilliantly when he was still with Juventus. I mean i never watched Zidane played like yesterday when he was still with Juve. In his NT and Madrid, he played awesome, his touch everything..SIMPLY BRILLIANT. Yesterday, as if i watched Zizou who played with his national team. I don't know if it is only my feeling. I asked you guys, because you follow Juve more than i do. So did you ever enjoy watching Zidane giving his best to Juve like the way he did yesterday?

Thanks in advance.:)

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Apart from his superb goal and asome dribbles in the second half I didn't think Zidane was that good (except for Makalele nobody was at Real). I've certainly seen Zizou play better at Juventus

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I never understood this double standart thing.

Yesterday Zidane SCORED a brilliant, briliant goal. Apart from that he had a number of super fancy moves that really didn't amount to anything, but looked great and improved the conditions for all other Madrid players. Just like with Juve- any Real player can pick out Zizou at all times, because he simply doesn't lose the ball when trying to hold the game together. Obviously he is also disposessed at times when trying to run at defenders, but if you just want ballmovement- he never misses.

Zidane did exactly the same at Juve. The major difference with France/Real as opposed to Juve, is that both France and Real have a number of other flair players he can play off. Both sides attempt to bring their wing backs forward too, and thus it gives Zizou more options. With Juve he had to do far too much on his own, and I don't think one can blame him for "playing better" in teams that help him more offensively. At Juve the help was primarily defensively, as Davids and Tacchinardi insured that Zizou really didn't have to do much defensive work alltogether.

But in essence- Zidane was, in my opinion, exactly the same player with Juve. Only his conditions change with the teams he plays in- resulting in different results.

Ciao.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
endranesta i think you didn't watch the match yesterday. becoz if u had u would have known zidane was nothing spectacular yesterday except for that marvelous goal. Ofcourse he had those sublime touches, with which he is associated from juve days. but he is going to go down the history books for that spectacular goal and that what counts.

i am a big fan of zizou but was dissapointed with his play yesterday to be frank. he could have done more.
Nevertheless congrats to him for getting that elusive trophy which he never had before.

Dear enderesta pls don't take my first sentence as an offence.

Ciao.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
endranesta i think you didn't watch the match yesterday. becoz if u had u would have known zidane was nothing spectacular yesterday except for that marvelous goal. Ofcourse he had those sublime touches, with which he is associated from juve days. but he is going to go down the history books for that spectacular goal and thats what counts.

i am a big fan of zizou but was dissapointed with his play yesterday to be frank. he could have done more.
Nevertheless congrats to him for getting that elusive trophy which he never had before.
For me he is the same player he was at juve.

Dear enderesta pls don't take my first sentence as an offence.

Ciao.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure thing, i'm not offended at all :) And maybe you"re right. Coz, i'm not that smart in observing the match.
But, I think only in the second half, Zizou played not so well. In the first half, he indeed was brilliant, no one could easily take the ball from his foot. The movement he made was superb. He did the same in euro agains Portugal. But this is only my opinion though. Yesterday i support Leverkusen, but zizou killed my hope. And this is the second time. The first time was the match agains Portugal in euro. That time, Zizou also killed my hope.

G

·
frankly, real played not that good yesturday, the bayer played much much better.
for the juve, i repeat, if trézéguet had the opportunity to play all the season last year as a starter at the place of pippo, i can sweare that the title was promishing to them. for me, zizou played for juve as he played for france. just, france squad is a band of friends and zidane is the master. he plays for france without soul states, he knows the french fans and the french medias will not be upset with him, he plays completly free mind with them.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
ya sorry for double posting.:eek:

Moderators please delete on of the posts.:)

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I completely agree with Glen. I never understood those people who claimed that he played better for the french team. The winning of the world and the european cup with the FANTASTIC french team has a lot to do with this stupid beliefs.
For me Zidane had one bad season at Juventus. Twice winner and 2 times scudetto runner up with 2 CL finals is not bad at all and Zidane had his huge share of role on this. His last 2 seasons at Juve was of very high standard besides those infamous CL matches. The stats says it all. Left players like Veron or Rui Costa far behind. <br>Of those high profile transfers last year, he's the only one with Van Nistelroy who's shown his worth. Veron, Costa or Mendiata were rather disappointing.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
He's simply the best footballer of his generation,and he has played great in all his teams.:)

At Juve,the only difference was that he didn't win the European CUp, but despite that, he was twice voted the Best Player in Serie A wasn't he?Including his last season at Juve.

Moving on, I still can't figure out people saying Leverkusen were the better team last night. I think it's EXTREMELY unfair and harsh on Real.
but I understand it is only because people expect so much from Real.:( However ,it is one thing to be a bit disappointed with a team's performance and quite another to say they weren't better in a match in which they clearly were.

the game was pretty much even until Raul's striker,and after that,Leverkusen came back and did have the better of the play.but what did they do with all the possession they had?They didn't create any clear cut opportunities which you could say they'll really regret later.

However, after Zidane's goal, ,in the second half?What did they do?We had the better of the possession and definitely created more chances as well.Solari,Raul,Morientes all missed chances.bayer were looking tired and we were even cruising at some stages.

And not until injury time did Bayer really create a genuine opportunity.And then they created a cluster of opportunities,as they gave it one lsat go.but we held on and IMO, held on to be clearly deserved victors.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
his goal was good, but he really didnt do anything else which was outstanding.

under lippi, zidane played great, but under Lotti he didnt. Lotti's defensive minded formations etc...really made no one play that great.

Del Bosque knows how to get the best out of Zidane and it shows, Lotti didnt!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Zidane is a great player.. Wheter he still in Juve or now he's in RM..

He just coming on the bad time, that's all.. and without him, Juve still can win the scudetto.. ;)

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
If only he'd of scored a goal for Juve in one of the finals..:(

Sorry he left but on a personal level, I'm happy for him.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
It's not fair that Zizou & RM won the CL, as they are the worse team on the field that day, but I guess that's footbal!

I really feel sorry for Bayer, they lost it all in their every tournament. Jeez, this is even worse than what Juve & Inter experienced!

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
do Zidane lost Juventus or Juventus lost Zidane...

that is the suitable title for this thread...
and i think that zizou lost Juvi...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Leverkusen is the winner of the CL in my heart. Real sucks.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
OLYMPIAKOS_FC said:
HAHAHAHAHA!
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
OLYMPIAKOS_FC said:
you are pathetic, man i dont blame your mother for giving you in adoption

1 - 20 of 25 Posts