Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zinedine Zidane is once again been linked with united, we have supposedly tabled a 31m bid for the french ace, i would seriously like to see him at old trafford, what do you think !!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't think Juve will sell him for 31-mil-pounds, probably at least 35-40. Zidane is in his prime, he's getting to that age where we usually see the finest of players 28-29, so Zidane will most likely not be foresale.
I think he's worth more than Figo, and Barca were asking 40-60 mil-pounds for him, imagine how much Juve would value Zidane at.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Ok I'll rephrase the statement. As it currently stands Zidane will be a free agent next summer. He has been asked to extend his contract till 2005 (I think its 2005, but don't quote me on that, it could be 2003), but has not done so. This offer has been waiting for some time. Why? Probably so that it could be renegotiated after Euro 2000. This is not b******t as you put it so don't bother putting another useless post on.

If he is moving though I personally feel it will be to either France or Spain.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
im just wondering if he came to manure
who would get dropped to the bench
scholes or keane
to me, scholes is probably manure's best player, better than giggs and beckham
but keane is the capt
play 3 central mids?

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Word has it the Madrid is willing to send Nico Anelka and $$
to Juve for the French super star. Zidane Wife is spanish and he has wished for a move to the Spanish capital. It may be a stretch especially with Figo apparent move after the elections but dont dismiss it all togehter.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
a player the caliber of Zidane would never play in England. He plays at the highest level already and he would never go play in the 3rd best league in the World. A move to Spain would be more realistic...but lets get real here.....he is not going anywhere....he is at the highest level already

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
M; You were the one who suggested Zizou would go to Liverpool to be with Houllier weren't you :) ?
Just to make it clear to everybody: Zidane is RE-NEGOTIATING his contract. He's already under contract until 2003, but that doesn't mean we can't give him a better deal right :) ?

If/when Zizou eventually leaves (propably in 2 seasons time)he will be going to Spain without any single doubt.

Ciao.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
I can't believe the amount of crap I hear on these forums. Zidane has stated that English football is not skillful or professional enough to play in. And if he did join Man U, he would take out any player at the club. Scholes, Keane, Beckham or Giggs. He is the best, thats it. When he leaves Juve, he will go to either Barcelona or Real Madrid. Most likely Barcelona because it is on the coast. Thats where his family wants to live. Give it up, Zidane, Davids nor Rivaldo are going to join Man U. I mention these players because they always seem to pop up in Man U's transfers plans. It won't happen!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
441 Posts
Aye, I certainly was the one who suggested Zidane may wish to join Houllier - the man who helped to start his career, godfather to his kid, friend, friend of Veronique, golfing partner etc. However I never believed it, I was just stirring cause I was bored.

I am however an admirer of Zidane and am interested in his future. I also like winding up Juventus fans.

Which I am continuing to do so - I'll say it again. His contract expires next Summer. He has had an option to extend this for some time which was an option in the original deal. Juventus have however tabled another contract which will keep him at the club for some time longer than the option to extend in his original contract states. He has not signed this or extended his original contract (although Juve actually stated he had at one point! which is why many people are assuming he is contracted) and as such will be free next summer - Yes he is in negotiation - the lad is not thick. He waits till after the Euro competition when he knows interest will be higher and therefore he can ask for more cash.

My personal opinion is that he will either stay at Juve or go to Barca/Madrid. If I were him I would complete the contract and then pocket a nice fat salary a la Macmanaman. If it costs 30 million minimum to buy him he could ask for 20 million in wages + his salary as the team wouldn't have to pay a transfer fee. Not bad for kicking a ball around.

Of course Juve aren't thick either - there is no shortage of offers around so they could sell him now to protect their investment. Unfortunately they can't sell a player who doesn't want to be sold.

To be serious though those sort of wages wouldn't happen in the Premiership, would they.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
English Premier leauge is much better than the Spanish leauge..
But not better than Serie-A.
I thought it was for a while, but it isn't..
If Manchester was in serie A, would they have the same success they had in England?
I don't think so..

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

better than Spanish League?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what's so funny?
English Premier leauge is a really good leauge. They have very exciting matches.
Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester Unt, Newcastle, vs.. are top teams.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
spain only has Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Deportivo..
The others aren't that good..
Plus Arsenal beat Deportivo 5-1 this year..

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Arsenal beat Deportivo in the UEFA Cup..no one cares or watches the UEFA Cup. 3 of the 4 semi-finalists in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE (The only tournament that matters) were from Spain, the EUROPEAN CHAMP is from Spain.

'nuff said?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Real Madrid was just lucky to win the championship..

1 - 20 of 49 Posts