·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Zidane to play match in Sydney to raise money for charity

:proud:
Late May, early June; plenty of 'time'...:jester::party:

R0naldo said:
Nah i find Americans and Turks my brothers
half-brothers or step-brothers or diasporian brothers, brother R0naldo?:glasses:

·
*the drum drum*
43,195 Posts
Zidane to play match in Sydney to raise money for charity

:proud:
You got any news on it, Rihana?

Like a date, venue, anything. I've been meaning to chase this up with a few people but it keeps being put down on my list of things I have to do :groan:

·
Rookie of the Year 2007
10,003 Posts
Şeytan;6252946 said:
You got any news on it, Rihana?

Like a date, venue, anything. I've been meaning to chase this up with a few people but it keeps being put down on my list of things I have to do :groan:
I'm sorry I can't give you any info Seytan :)devil:) about the charity match.
I'm sure you'll find sooner or later though on the Internet :)

ROnaldo said:
Nah i find Americans and Turks my brothers
Odd combination as brothers you have there Ronnie :lala:

·
*the drum drum*
43,195 Posts
News out that the match will be played between two groups of has-beens, no real (current) football sides involved :D

Zidane to play in Sydney on June 1
By Doug Conway
16:25 AEST Fri May 16 2008

Three-times world footballer of the year Zinedine Zidane is coming to Australia with a star-studded international team to play an exhibition match at Sydney Football Stadium on June 1.

Zidane will lead a team featuring a number of his teammates from the French side that won the 1998 World Cup, including Marcel Desailly and Robert Pires, along with Danish international Jesper Olsen and Switzerland's Flavio Celestini.

The team, managed by France's World Cup winning coach Aime Jacquet, will take on a side composed of stars from Australia's 1997 World Cup qualifying squad including Paul Okon, Tony Vidmar, Craig Foster and Stan Lazaridis and coached by Frank Farina.

Australia's 1997 campaign ended in a heart-breaking elimination at the final qualifying hurdle against Iran in Melbourne.

Socceroo Tim Cahill, recovering from a foot operation, described Zidane's visit as the "biggest dream ever".

"David Beckham was here (in Sydney) recently and he's one of the most iconic and marketable players in the world," said Cahill.

"But 'Zizou' is one of the biggest players in the world. He is poetry in motion, and he so passionate about football.

"What a special opportunity this is for Australian kids to see him."

Zidane will conduct a coaching clinic for youngsters at the SFS the following day from 3-5pm.

Promoter Alain Barataud said kids were the key to getting the French great to Australia.

"Once he found out it was for kids, he said OK, no problem, and he is donating his services for free," said Barataud.

Another key was the fact that Zidane was already coming to the region.

He will be playing in a testimonial match for former French teammate Christian Karembeu in Noumea two days before the Sydney exhibition.

Zidane, 36, famously blotted his copybook when he was red carded for headbutting an Italian opponent in retaliation for verbal taunts near the end of the 2006 World Cup final in Germany.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Şeytan;6342859 said:
News out that the match will be played between two groups of has-beens, no real (current) football sides involved :D

Zidane to play in Sydney on June 1
By Doug Conway
16:25 AEST Fri May 16 2008

Three-times world footballer of the year Zinedine Zidane is coming to Australia with a star-studded international team to play an exhibition match at Sydney Football Stadium on June 1.

Zidane will lead a team featuring a number of his teammates from the French side that won the 1998 World Cup, including Marcel Desailly and Robert Pires, along with Danish international Jesper Olsen and Switzerland's Flavio Celestini.

The team, managed by France's World Cup winning coach Aime Jacquet, will take on a side composed of stars from Australia's 1997 World Cup qualifying squad including Paul Okon, Tony Vidmar, Craig Foster and Stan Lazaridis and coached by Frank Farina.

Australia's 1997 campaign ended in a heart-breaking elimination at the final qualifying hurdle against Iran in Melbourne.

Socceroo Tim Cahill, recovering from a foot operation, described Zidane's visit as the "biggest dream ever".

"David Beckham was here (in Sydney) recently and he's one of the most iconic and marketable players in the world," said Cahill.

"But 'Zizou' is one of the biggest players in the world. He is poetry in motion, and he so passionate about football.

"What a special opportunity this is for Australian kids to see him."

Zidane will conduct a coaching clinic for youngsters at the SFS the following day from 3-5pm.

Promoter Alain Barataud said kids were the key to getting the French great to Australia.

"Once he found out it was for kids, he said OK, no problem, and he is donating his services for free," said Barataud.

Another key was the fact that Zidane was already coming to the region.

He will be playing in a testimonial match for former French teammate Christian Karembeu in Noumea two days before the Sydney exhibition.

Zidane, 36, famously blotted his copybook when he was red carded for headbutting an Italian opponent in retaliation for verbal taunts near the end of the 2006 World Cup final in Germany.
Thanks for posting that, Şeytan.

·
Registered
42,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
washingtone, did you respond just for the sake of saying his name? :D

Indeed, thanks for posting that, Şeytan. ;) I seen the report last night on SBS.

How great it would be to see Pires. :moan:

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
whispers and withdraws

How are you, ILA?
I seek refuge
with the Lord
And Cherisher of Mankind,
Good to read you're back.
The King (or Ruler)
Of Mankind,
The truth is I love Şeytan's username, Şeytan.
The Allah (for judge)
Of Mankind,-
I like its literal meaning.
From the mischief
Of the Whisperer
(Of Evil), who withdraws
(After his whisper),--
I like the satanic undertone.
(The same) who whispers
Into the hearts of Mankind,--
I like the way the sound of a 'S' with a cedilla hook is virtually voiceless.
Among Jinns
And among Men.
A pronunciation (like the pronunciation near the end of a word like двориште (in српски језик) or the pronunciation in the beginning of a word like شکریہ (in اُردو)) that is produced without vibrations of the vocal cords.

But much more than all this I love the fact that Zee Zee will play again.:proud:

Sūra 114 said:
‏قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ ٱلنَّاسِ
‏مَلِكِ ٱلنَّاسِ
‏إِلَٟهِ ٱلنَّاسِ
‏مِن شَرِّ ٱلْوَسْوَاسِ ٱلْخَنَّاسِ
‏ٱلَّذِى يُوَسْوِسُ فِى صُدُورِ ٱلنَّاسِ
‏مِنَ ٱلْجِنَّةِ وَٱلنَّاسِ

·
*the drum drum*
43,195 Posts

Indeed, thanks for posting that, Şeytan. ;) I seen the report last night on SBS.

How great it would be to see Pires. :moan:
Oh, for a second I forgot you were in Melbourne.

I'll 99.99% be at this one, I missed the Beckham match because tickets sold out before I could get back into the country :)wallbang::howler:). I'm guessing one of the free-to-air channels will pick this one up as well, SBS should be drooling at the prospect.

If I don't forget I'll go along with camera in hand and try post a heap of pictures for you all. Being at the SFS the pictures should turn out half-decent too, unlike if it was at Olympic Park :yuck:

·
*the drum drum*
43,195 Posts
Zidane XI vs OZ 97

Zinedine Zidane, one of the biggest football legends of all time, a world Champion with France in 1998 and winner of the Champions League with Real Madrid comes to Sydney to receive a well deserved tribute from all football fans down under.

In this exhibition game at the Sydney Football Stadium on Sunday 1 June he will take to the field with many other legends including Marcel Desailly, Franck Silvestre, Manuel Amoros and Robert Pires under the guidance of 1998 World Champions coach Aime Jacquet. They will face one of the best teams Australia has ever fielded, the 1997 squad, including Frank Farina, Craig Foster, Paul Okon and Tony Vidmar.

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/show...searchId=e7fa7e1f-ce84-43b3-b0eb-cf4f5986b0cb

·
Registered
42,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
How are you, ILA?
Not too bad. Stable. I feel OK as long as I engage in an activity that demands little - reading, writing, surfing the Internet, for example. Truthfully it's a struggle to move around the house, and I've been told not to overexert my heart, so to sum up I'll be a lazy arse until I'm informed of an organ match, knock on wood.

As for the participating teams - that is interesting, isn't it. Huh. I can imagine Craig Foster doing a fine impersonation of Mr Shake Hands Man from that awful Banzai show.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts