Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
42,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some additional information from 4-4-2: the French '98 squad will be playing some friendly matches in Tahiti and New Caledonia. In this time Zidane will take the opportunity to stop off in Sydney where it's undecided whether he'll don the shirt of Sydney FC or Central Coast. Late May, early June.

·
*the drum drum*
43,197 Posts
As Turkish as the person who coined me this nickname, and as Turkish as Rıdvan Dilmen while we're at it.

·
R0naldo
23,405 Posts
It will be little disturbing doing a debate on a open forum.But are u Muslim?knowing the fact that Şeytan means devil,i think it is forbidden in your religion to use that name in public.Nothing else unusual.I can use it too but in Islam that is forbidden.:D

P.S. in my country some people call little kids Şeytan when they do something clever.:D

U little devil...

·
Registered
56,350 Posts
looks like the word : sheitan

[tub]XJ75UJ_v7fM[/tub]

·
*the drum drum*
43,197 Posts
That's just how it is with the Turkish language, it can be used quite commonly in everyday speech. Just like little girls are always referred to as cadı (witch), or naughty kids are called eşeğin sıpası (baby donkey).

Like I referred to a few posts ago, Rıdvan Dilmen, one of the most naturally talented Turkish footballers ever carried the same nickname.

·
*the drum drum*
43,197 Posts
Turkey has it's own faults & contradictions, and many of them, when it comes to religion, history & culture. You'll always find someone who is insulted by something, and you don't always have to look to hard to find them. There is no one dominant majority view on many important issues (but nice for you, 99% are behind Macedonia ;)), but this isn't the forum or place to discuss these things ;)

So back to Zidane being in Sydney. I AM SO GOING TO BE THERE! :D

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Şeytan is a great nickname a bit like Say 10?

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Thanks Şeytan; so does say 10?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts