Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Expect zidane to join in the next few days, otherwise it will be in the summer.

After some investigating it seems the fee will be around 15-17 million for a four year deal.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
When will these rumours stop. It is cruel to do this to Liverpool fans. It builds up hopes and then we are left in the lurch.

I wish he was coming but I really don't think so.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look be honest,
Jeuve won't let Zidane go for less than 20m
and GH is not going to pay that much onb one player.Plus Gerrard is a maturing forward and will soon be one of the big names in English football.So only a mad would even think of moving him out of position or putting him on the bench.
In just a few simple words.....
Coventry City will win the title before Zidane signs for Liverpool.
Sorry to disapoint ye.
~UP THE POOL~

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Besides ZZ is pledging his future to Juve and talk is of an extention to his contract that runs out in 2003.
Also Juve are 8 points clear in the league wheras Liverpool may not even be in the C/L next year.The case is closed.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no liverpool will be in the CL next yr
but ZZ coming is quite improbable...
we already have very gd midfielders..hamann,gerard and redders...as well as others like smicer,murphy,etc..who can do a gd job

if ZZ comes, then maybe that would mean the departure of redders mos proabbly
anyway ZZ would cost a pretty bunch of money

but u know...sometimes dreams come true... ;)

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can see some of you don't believe me but i can give you a cast iron guarantee that Zidane will join liverpool in the summer unless Liverpool fail to qualify for the champions league. I am not saying this to be cruel i am telling you what the player himself has said, albeit in private.

Money is not a problem and his wife is happy to move too, despite reports to the contrary.

It will happen in the summer after the season has ended.

Juve want to keep him and that is why there has been a lot of sudden talks from the club this week. Juve have a history of selling their top players, and usually after denying they are going anywhere.

Asd liverpool supporters you should be happy about this as he is a great player and wants to help liverpool back to the top. As a boy he loved to watch liverpool and loved the way they played football.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
How do you know what Zidane said in private?
I'm sorry but I ain't going to believe nowt until Zidane puts pen to paper.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
these past months there have been way too many rumours concerning liverpool..and only a few have come true..heskey,for ex..

anyway i will be glad only when i hear that he already signed a contract and that he`s already been assigned a squad number...

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I understand your reasons for not believing me, and I should get some proof of my claims very soon.

In the meantime there are some things you might consider.

Why have Juve come out this week to state that Zidane is going nowhere ? The same thing happened last season and the season before etc. with previous top players that later left the club.

Houllier has never dismissed the link despite dismissing other links for foreign players.

Houllier stated when in malta earlier this season that next season would be a very memorable one for liverpool and there would be a big signing in the summer.

Davids has twice claimed in public that zidane is set to leave juventus, and therefore his position in the team will change next season. This could be two reports of the same incident.

Zidane and Houllier are very close, I know them both well. Zidane has been to anfield already this season on several occasions, and has even watched a game with myself.

At the start of the season Houllier was aiming for 5th place, then all of a sudden within a matter of days (during the malta trip) things changed so that they were saying a champions league place was imperative. Check out his quotes just before, then just after the trip.

Again i don't want to upset anyone and i will post more specific info as soon as i have it.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I have to give it to you you make some good points. Davids made a quote recently saying that he would have to change his role next year as Zidane was off and I know that he loves Houllier but enough to come to damp and windy Liverpool?
I really hope that you are right and will make you king if it's true.

p.s. are you taking the p**s about being Zidane's mate?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
As it was stated before,I will believe it only after I see him witha Liverpool shirt.I WISH I could believe you man,but its just too "dreamy" to be true...I'm not saying you lie,but maybe your "sources" are not good enough...

I WISH you are right...

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Adidas will be the new sponser for Juve, Zidane is tighed to Adidas. Another reason why I think he would stay with Juve. If he was to leave, Juve would make a deal with R.Madrid, Berca, or even Man U (teams that wants him) as Juve are interested in players from the teams mentioned. Another thing is that Ancelotti just LOVES zidane, he speaks very highly of him after each match and considers him THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD as he stated many times.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Zidanesbestmate - Are you saying that you are personally acquianted with ZZ? Are you also saying that you have a similar relationship with Houllier. Whilst I do share your enthusiasm for a move for ZZ to Liverpool, and also share knowledge that there have been serious talks, there has still been no agreement unless the two have privately agreed. If you are 100% about this it must be because you know them otherwise you can't possibly know, and if you do know him ask him if he'll still play for us if we are not in the Champions League.

But realistically even though I know what is going on I can't see ZZ joining us unless ZZ and H really do have a strong relationship (and you don't need to tell me they do because I know, but is it that strong?). For the money being talked about (which is a lot more than 15) we could buy three highly rated midfielders. This to me sounds a better option. ZZ is a great player, don't misunderstand me, but I don't think he would necessarily be a good buy for LFC. We have talented youngsters coming through, the players in the team love our club and we are going to be the gretest team in Europe within five years even without ZZ. So do we really need him? Personally I think buying the other three players would be a better option, but I ain't in charge and I do have faith in H., so lets wait and see.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Look,Zidasne wont come...but he would be a magnificant signing.No doubt about this.He is the best play-maker in the world,and would make liverpool the favorites to win the league,straight away.

------------------

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Zizou is a great player, and I don't mind if he's coming to Anfield next season, but I don't think he would.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hey guys Pamela Anderson is going to be Liverpools 1st 15 cheerleader im dating her and thats how i know.
Isnt it going to be great.
Hooters for Anfield!!!

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
phew..anyway i would only be glad when i hear he has been assigned a suqad number already and signed a contract...
if not,i will not rejoice till then... :(

i agree with what M has said earlier on...ZZ will cost something like 15M...and with such money we could have bought some other players instead...
also we are already very strong in central midfield ..gerard,hamann,redders..aer very gd
murphy,carragher can also carry out a fair job

ZZ coming means that maybe a big name profile may go ..like redders...

so in brief i'll only rejoice when he signs a contract!!

anyway zidane's best mate:
where did ya get all those news!???

ok it's true that ZZ has watched liverpool play..but that was it!but somehow i still hope everything u say is true..or will come out true very soon :D

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
To me guys,if Liverpool is to buy a VERY expensive and very good midfielder,should go for one of Leed's crop.Harry Kewell would be REALLY expensive,but with him at the left and Berger at the middle...WOW!Lee Bowyer would be another fabulus signing.In fact,I think that with their legal problems both Bowyer and Woodgate would be available at a good price.

------------------

1 - 20 of 48 Posts