Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe people even dare to compare players like (rivaldo, rui costa, veron, boban,..) to the great zidane. All the players mentioned are great players (super stars) but Zidane is a walking legand.

My father is a 65 years old man, loves and followed football since he was kid, he saw many great players in his years but he says he never saw such a big man in midfield with so many creative work, skills, control, and so unselfish player. My father is the kind of guy who likes old footballers, but Zidane is one player in modern football that he admires.

I have all the respect for great midfielders today, but Zidane is in a class of his own.

Forza Zidane

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Mirro; I hate to be too definate about things, but Zidane's performance tonight was breathtaking I agree. Luis Figo is not the same kind of player, but I think he's the only one who can really rival Zizou (at these European Championships I mean).
In the traditional playmaking role I see noone with Zidane's ability. Rivaldo is more of a forward and Veron is more combative, but hardly with the same skill and ingenuity.

Like always I'll have to say that Zizou is the best playmaker in the world. Awesome :).

Ciao.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
He sure is.. best playmaker in the world. As Glen said, Figo is the only one who can rival Zizou. Both of them great players, but I still think Zidane is better. :)
and BTW, what a free-kick!! :cool:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glen, you always can find diffrences in players. No two players in the world are a like, that's a well known fact. The way I was looking at things is "creative midfield catagory", by that you include veron, figo, ruicosta, kawell,Rivaldo,...

There is something in my mind I will try to explaine. Figo is a great player without doubt, however his dribling, movement is nothing new, but he is the best at it right now. If you look back to other great players in the past (hagi, shiffo,...) they all have done the same thing. Figo is the a smart player that relays on his speed, accurate passing. Zidane in the other hand is a new kind of player to me, and to my father who I mentioned is 65 years old. He is a big guy 1.85, not very fast but he does moves that I never seen before. He loves to be in tight areas around 3, 4 players and he beats them with some magic you don't see from other players.

Zidane took Rivaldo to school in the WC98. He has done it today against Guardiola, and I am looking forward to it Vs (ruicosta, figo).

Zidane turned 28 last friday, wish him a happy birthday.

PS. I am the same person as (Vito-Corleoni), just wanted to use my real name.

Forza Juve

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Mirri, so you are the once known Vito Corleone. Didn't know you had changed your nick man. Good to have you back! :)Thaught you were gone. Anyways, where are our other juventini? Sabry and Zen9?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes the once known Vito-corleone.:) But Vito-Corleone will never be gone, he will be there to take of business when things gets ugly with other fans. Call for him and he will be there.;)

Maybe Sabry and Zen9 are in vacation. I will personally be leaving in a week(after euro final) and be back at end of augest. During my vacation, I would do nothing relating to football or read football news (just relax). When I come back you have to fill me in of what happened. Hopefully; it would look something similare to this

In: Viera, Cassano, Klievert, a good LM
Out: Inzaghi, Fonseca.

Take care

·
Registered
859 Posts
Zidane, well he was superb...all those runs and the ball control...he is just excellent...to me most of the french team was pretty good...one person that i do not understand why he is still playing is Laurent Blanc...the guy was so protected by the midfield...Deschamps and Vieira..
to me the man of the match was Djorkaeff...he really did well on the right of the midfield....he was everywhere and giving good passes....Dugary was good as well he was threading in the passes and he was coordinating well with Zidane.
France did well...and they had the luck of the Champions as Raul missed the penalty.....
we are heading for a mouthwatering semi final stage

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Zidane's goal was great. It is a privilege to have him at Juve. However, Glen, I don't think Figo and Zidane can be compared. Not because one is much better than the other, but because of the positions they play in. Figo is an offensive winger, Zidane is a playmaker right behind the strikers. Yes, I know, Figo is practically the playmaker of Portugal (apart from Rui Costa who in my opinion us rubbish). But even with that, it would be like comparing a defensive midfielder (Davids for e.g) with an offensive one. Nevertheless, both of them are great players.

One more thing: The final will be Italy-France, Italy will win 2-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 goal from Inzaghi, another from Fiore, and a goal from Zizou would be great...:):cool:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Dutch will beat Italy 3-1 in the Semi-Final, and it will be the NEtherlands vs France in the final.

Zidane and Djorkeaff combined extremely well against Spain, both deserved Man of the Match.

The match was tight, but Spain were still outplayed, largely thanks to Zidane.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
I agrre with Mirro.

Figo is not even close to Zidane because Figo doesnt do so many different typre of moves and dribbles. Its generally the same type. But i cant say the same for zidane. he is absolutely amazing. He makes tens of different moves with the ball.
He already guaranteed a place in history books as one an only example legend of his kind:)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you carlito. just love it when someone agrees with me.

I hope France will win the Euro cup, because I want to see Zidane take the Euro & FIFA player of the year award again. I would be very very happy.

Again, the reason I think that Zidane is so great is because there is no like him out there in terms of style and movement (present&past). Figo is alot like Giggs, Ginola (at his best) and other players that relay on speed and are decent dribblers and good passers, I have seen that many times in my life (and I am only 20years old).

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Didn't I tell you. did you see his runs from deep in the French area all the way to portugal penalty box. Taking on 2 players at the time. I hope Figo and ruicosta took notes today, there is alot for them to learn.

2nd Fifa player of the year award is in the bag.

Forza juve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts