Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zidane has made himself available to Barca through a friend of his that is close to people in the club. His family is very eager to leave Turin, and see Barcelona as the perfect place to be. He does this against the will of Juve who are not ready to let him go. Nunez has repeated what he has said before, that he will not negociate any transfers and that such matters will be left up to the next president. Reports from this article from Mundo Deportivo also say that Ronaldinho Gaucho is Barca's if we want him. Apparently we are his first choice and all is left is to sign him to a pre contract that will keep him from signing for another team. Also Inter's Zanetti has made it clear that he would like to play in azulgrana next year something that Serra Ferrer would like very much. Same reports also have it that Barca has close links with River Plate over the availability of Saviola, Aimar, and Placente. Apparently Saviola would already be signed if it wasn't for the Nunez situation. Also we have apparently lost the race for Athirson. Around January, he would have been ours if we wanted him, but now he is supposed to be going to some Italian club. So overall, this is a lot of news. I love the news about Zidane, of course he will cost a good amount, but not as much as we would get for selling Rivo (hint, hint) and i see him as a player who actually wants to be in the team while Rivo seems to be looking for the most lucrative way out. Also, for my money, Zidane is a more complete player than Rivo, able to score, set up teammates and control the rythm of a game. I hope we get him. I also like Zanetti very much. I see Ronaldinho, Saviola, and Aimar as great prospects for the future. Especially Aimar, have you guys seen this kid play? Wow, he is an exciting player, beautiful to watch.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
tsk..tsk.. rumours. Stay away from Zizou! He is a Juventini!! If Anelka joins Juve, then he will definitily stay! You can have him if you give us Figo! :)

D

·
0 Posts
I heard a few years ago too that Zidane's wife does not like Turin, but he's still with Juve, so maybe she's chacnged her mind.

Zidane will definitely stay with Juve next season if Anelka comes, and if he doesn't, Zidane will still stay with Juve.

Give Litmanen another chance.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
It are still rumours. But I'm happy to see so many great players want to join us. This confirms that we will be fighting for La Liga next year, unlike some other people might want...

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe this is more than a rumor. He has stated through an intermediary that he would like to play for Barca next year. Maybe it is a plan to increase his contract, I'm not sure, I'm just passing along news as i get it. El Mundo Deportivo is a pretty reliable source, they broke the news about Nunez quitting and that was the truth. Of course it can't all be true all the time but i guess we will have to wait and see, no?

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
If you want ZZ, then u must give us Rivaldo. That would be fair swap. Figo would be good but he a winger type player. We need a playmaker like ZZ and Rivaldo is that man. I would only except Figo if Juve bought Rui Costa to replace ZZ.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The only player who I'm looking for to come is Ronaldinho, Zanetti is a good idea as well. If I compare Zidane and Ronaldinho, I would prefer Ronaldinho, he is much younger and very talented. Last year, there's a rumor saying that Zidane's wife wanted to leave Turin and Zidane would join Barcelona, but at last, Zidane stayed at Juventus, I think and hope that this time it would be the same case.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am sure in the next 3 weeks, Zidane will show to everyone why he is the player Barca is looking for. He is such a class player. He does it week after week in Serie A against very good defending, we can imagine what he would do in la Liga.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Let's sell Rivaldo to Lazio (looking desperate to sign him), and let's get Zidane. In the system SF wants to play, Zidane is a better player than Rivaldo. And with the money we still have left then, we can buy Ronaldinho....

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My thoughts exactly Dutch! Rivo can fetch us a load of money and after buying Zidane we will still have good money left over. I think this is a buy we cannot miss out on. Zidane has proven his class to me. I think everyone can say today he showed what he can do, EVERYTHING!

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ancelotti has already said that Juve is not after Anelka. He said that he is a good player indeed but that they already have the players they need in those positions. Thus no Anelka. I also don't believe that Zidane's bond to Juve is that strong seeing as he was the one to ask about a move to Barca. I also can see a player of his class fitting into any team, especially ours, he is as good or better than anyone we have.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Juan F,

Please provide me with one good reason why you wouldn't want a "crack" like Zidane in Barca. I love Figo but today he proved that he is better than our number 7. He is the best in the world. How could you not want the best in the world on your team?

·
Registered
964 Posts
There is no one better than Figo dont say stupid things CM.
Figo had 3 players on him all the time where Zidane was not even man-marked and even Zidane could not do anything.
Figo best player of all time wait till Portugal win the WC.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
No we're not interested in Anelka, and IM GLAD! He didnt convince me against Portugal. So now Zidane will be leaving because Anelka wont be joining juve.. well.. BUT WE RESENTLY BOUGHT TREZEGUET! :) Zidane will be staying, he's contract aint expiring for a loooong time. Buying him out of Juve would be kinda expensive dont you think? If Real Madrid has offered 45£mill for BECKHAM, then they will probably offer twice as much for Zizou.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Paulo, I have to believe that your comments are driven by your own emotional bonds towards Portugal and Figo then they by serious intelligent football thought. I love Figo very much being a Barca fan and back him with all of my heart whenever he steps out on the field, but above being a Barca fan, I am a fan of football and I am always ready to embrace the qualities of an outstanding footballer. This is why i say Zidane is the best, because i have studied the situation, watched many games and seen his contribution not only individually but to the team. And your comment about Figo being man marked was not necessarily correct. You think Zizou didn't have a man marker, he had two. What do you think Costinha and Vidigal were on the field for, there creative qualities? I furthermore must state that i don't care for such names as "stupid" from someone who is making comments purely on emotion. I'm sure you are upset that your team lost but this is not a reason to hate a player of great quality and make disparaging remarks to others on this forum who hail a great footballer. No i'd rather you not say anything. I'd rather here comments from the likes of Dutch, Roger, Oly, etc. who most of the time, have valid, well thought out things to say, not just emotional rhetoric. I come to this forum to hear great information and insite into the team of my heart. Anyways, best of luck to Portugal in qualification for WC and i will be the first one to say that it was an horrible way for your team to go out, but that's football, look what happened to Holland.

·
Registered
271 Posts
hehe cool, thanks :)
Yeah, I agree probably that Zidane is the better player, but he has a much more central role than Figo.
What we really need next season is Zidane for Rivaldo, with Figo still causing trouble all over the field.
Figo's great quality is his ability to just be everywhere almost all the time. lol
The 2 players are hard to compare, but i think that together they would be unstoppable, with Kluivert knocking in their assists :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts