Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In what could be a major blow to the French team, Zinedine Zidane suffered a small tear in his thigh muscle which could sideline him for the first game against Senegal and depending on the severity of the tear a lot longer.....tough blow for the French.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about the goalie from Spain. In a freak injury, he will be out of the World Cup because he dropped a bottle of colgne that shattered and severed major tendons in his foot! Unbelievable.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
you know what?

Don Cherry said it spot on.

He said in the old days the injuries were much less common.
Today we have all this technology and all this training techniques and regimens and medicine and these finely tuned athletes are dropping like flies.

They should give them real training and proper discipline.

Look to the left of this message. Now that is proper training and that is how one ensures your lads will be prepared for a fight, battle or heck even a tourney.

And I'm not kidding.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
umm... Ljubuski you forget that today's players play 3 times more games than ones 20 yrs ago and that the game is much, much faster

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
fuk you're right.....d'oh:eek: :eek: :eek:

sorry.

I was just a little pumped up about me finally gettting a custom avatar.

RED, WHITE and YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!;) :D :) :)

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Thanks.

Now let's hope our boys can stay healthy and avoid any falling out with the coach as has happened with Ireland and Dinamo 11's collapsing situation with his WC roster.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
I take it some people don't prefer Chelsea oh well we'll win the league again someday.....:depress: :depress: :(

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Ljubuski said:
I take it some people don't prefer Chelsea oh well we'll win the league again someday.....:depress: :depress: :(
I like the blues... but this is NT time ;-)

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
i hope ZZ's injury is not that serious because to have him miss an extended part of this world cup would be bad for the whole sport of soccer! Zidane has proven over the years to always be a healthy and reliable superstar unlike many of his counterparts and his wizardry on the ball coupled with his great physical strenght make him a force in todays game! even though im not really fond of him and his style he is todays new age soccer machine! and he is the best at what he does no other midfielder has been as consisten as he has for the last 5 years! Rivaldo, Figo(i like his style), Beckham, Totti, Veron etc... have all had thier moments but not 1 of them compare to Zidane for now at least lets hope no more stars fall out of this all important tournament! i want to play an opposing team when they are at full strench and beat them! thats what makes competition so fun! like in 98 against Netherlands! what a game:)

·
Registered
983 Posts
Ye thic WC has so far made more headlines in relation to injuries as opposed to anything else.. there have been so many of em :rolleyes:

But honestly i know this might sound crude but i really couldnt care less how many injuries other teams have and to what players.. yes it does take away from the tournament but what can you do.. im greedy, all i give a toss about is Croatia :D

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
tough break...hope he recovers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts