Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MADRID, April 27 (DS) - Zinedine Zidane repaid every euro of the world record transfer fee Real Madrid paid for him last summer when he opened the scoring for them in their 2-0 European Champions League semi-final first leg victory over Barcelona on Tuesday. The World and European champion is poised to make his Champions League dream come true. One month and a half after opening the scoring in "Clasico" of La Liga at Nou Camp, Zizou was the first to score a goal again, but this time around the Royal Club capitalized on their advantage claiming the victory in the Champions League semifinals first leg. The Frenchman didn't hide his satisfaction with the outcome of the tie in an interview with the French daily Le Parisien.
(Q) You have shown a new the way of success…
(A) All our team have put up a good performance, everybody rose up to the challenge! It's true that by opening the scoring I clarified some points as Barca played well in the first half and could have caused us troubles. Fortunately our task became easier once we took the lead. Meanwhile we could have won by a greater margin… But I believe that to win 2-0 here after 19 years of "drought" is great, especially as it was a Champions League semifinal tie.
(Q) You have scored two goals in two matches. Nou Camp seems to be your lucky charm?
(A) Yes, you can say that it brings me good luck. You know, the sole idea of playing at such a stadium gives you the necessary motivation… I am delighted to have scored! Playing with Juve, I have reached in the Champions League semifinals and I have some great recollections from that experience! Today it continues with Real… it's really nice!
(Q) Don't you think that you were the executioner of the club of your childhood dreams?
(A) No, I don't think so…. Today I feel that I am a part of a team, who are set to go all the way in this competition, who are poised to win it. But we should beware of being overconfident: we haven't qualified for the final yet.
(Q) Nevertheless, I believe Glasgow awaits you.
(A) Before thinking of the final we still have a second leg to play and it will be dangerous to approach this tie with lack of concentration, to think, of which I have heard, that the tie will be a mere formality for Real. Meanwhile if we don't want to have an unpleasant surprise next week, we must enter the Bernabeu pitch with the sole ambition: to win! Afterwards we will have time to think of Glasgow…

:skull: Zinedine Zidane Barca Killer :Skull:
:)

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Lets hope ZZ scores everytime we play in the Nou Camp! :happy:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts