·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this article:

ZIDANE-BARCELLONA: agreement Cruyff-Bettega Bassat wins
If, and only if, Bassat wins the Barcelona
presidential election, Cruyff and Bettega have
privately agreed Zidane will go to Barca.

Good luck guys, in my opinion Zidane is much better than Rivaldo :)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
The thing is that Gaspard is the favorite, plus we had heard a lot about a Zidane - Florentino Perez agreement in case he won, and the bottom line remains that the most probable scenario is Zidane-Juventus (again) next year :(

P.S. Zidane is indeed much better than Rivaldo.

M

·
0 Posts
Zidane will end up with Real Madrid. This is what he wants, in fact he wanted this last year. As far as Zidane's importance to his team goes, without Zidane, Juventus doesn't even qualify for the Champions League. They will miss him.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Pierre: Where did you find that article? Personally I believe it is pure bullshi-t.

IF that's a fact and that deal goes through, we are in some deep ****.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Sorry but.... BLAH BLAH BLAH !

If you guys are not yet aware of it there are Presidential campaigns going at Barca and Real. Perez won the Real election and now he will in all propability have to pay OBSCENE amounts of money to the season card holders as Figo will propably never play with Real Madrid.
Zidane going to .... whoever would mean that Juve allready had a replacement ready btw. We always have when selling big players. Del Piero when Baggio left, Pippo when Vieri left etc. etc. The only time in recent history we didn't we had to wait MANY years to win again and that was when Platini decided to end his carrier. We had noone ready to step in and Milan took over the scene completely with their Dream Team a few years later.
However- the fact remains that talks about private arrangements doens't mean SH*T, as Zidane is under contract with us until 2003.
Juve will ahve to agree a move, and rest assured that Zizou is no give away player. Worst case scenario is that we get rivaldo instead, and although I would always prefer Zizou it's not like we will hit rock bottom with Rivaldo is it ?
Think not.....

Ciao.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
It fills me with joy to finally read some rumours about Juve :)

I´m not gonna do a " Adidas Dream Team Thingy " Glen and I´m gonna treat this rumour just like I´ve treaten the last months Lazio rumours - forgot about it/them.

Ps. I belive that Zidane is the type of person who would stand up at the end of the season and declare that this is his last season with the team. I can´t really see a team like Juventus loose their playmaker just before pre-season training - can you ?? However I would be extremely happy if Zizu left because there´s no player that could replace him at the moment ( Veron is better but the chances of Lazio selling anyone including Lombardo for less then 100M£ to Juve are slim :)

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
A playmaker he is indeed:Loose him and you are hurting:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts