Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
50,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Former France, Real Madrid and Juventus legend Zinedine Zidane has opened his heart to fans of the game, and he admits his regret at the way he behaved during the World Cup final against Italy in 2006.

His on-pitch battle with Marco Materazzi reached boiling point and Zidane let off steam by headbutting the Italian.

The gesture shocked the world, and the former Bianconero says he regrets what he did on that ill-fated night in Berlin.

"I ended my career on a very sad note," Zidane told Le Parisien.

"At the time my mother was in hospital but I am not trying to justify my actions. I felt empty when I returned to the dressing room. It was not a nice end at all.

"I was insulted but my reaction was not right. The provocation should have been punished. I don't feel any injustice at all. It was not the thing to do."

Zidane also spoke about the days when taking creatine at Juventus was the norm.

Many will remember the doping scandal which rocked the club ten years ago, but Juve were cleared of any wrongdoing by the World Anti-Doping Agency.

"Doping was a bad thing. We used to take creatine in Turin, it was illegal in France but not in Italy. I don't think it was dangerous," added Zidane.

Zizou is taking his time away from the game but he did hint at a possible coaching role in future.

"Coaching? Not now but maybe in ten years I may consider it," concluded the Frenchman.
considering how much his physique improved while he was at Juve, it is clear that he benefited a LOT from creatine, probably more than other players. IMO it seriously undermines his place among the greats of the game. :thmbdown: It is also disgusting how he claims doping is not dangerous, great message for the young athletes :yuck:

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
I knew it. But I doubt the drugs really elevated his status ... what worked for him is two headers against a Brazil playing with a zombie Ronaldo

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
As far as I am aware, Creatine is not a banned substance!

I used to use it when I was training a couple of years back but knocked it on the head when I realised I was having pretty bad mood swings.

Creatine is found naturally in the body; supplimenting the body with creatine max's the level your body can hold at any given time (normal levels are about half the amount your body can actually hold).

Should it be banned?.......Im in 2 minds about it as it is probably about as close as you can get to steroids on a legal level.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Creatine is not drugs or doping. I use it when I did lots of strength training.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
As far as I am aware, Creatine is not a banned substance!

I used to use it when I was training a couple of years back but knocked it on the head when I realised I was having pretty bad mood swings.

Creatine is found naturally in the body; supplimenting the body with creatine max's the level your body can hold at any given time (normal levels are about half the amount your body can actually hold).

Should it be banned?.......Im in 2 minds about it as it is probably about as close as you can get to steroids on a legal level.
I knew there was something wrong with you Nico. :howler:

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Let's not forget the medicine cabinet full of drugs used for coma patients, and people with bad hearts also found in juve. Creatine wasn't the only drug he took.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I don't know all that much about doping. But I do know for a fact creatine is not considered doping, it is very commonly used among athletes in fact... Or among common people lifting weights ..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Let's not forget the medicine cabinet full of drugs used for coma patients, and people with bad hearts also found in juve. Creatine wasn't the only drug he took.
And lets not forget that Juve wasnt the only club in Italy to use Creatine (or other substances).

*cough cough*

Not that Creatine is doping anyway.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
The word doping and creatine should not be used in the same sentence unless "not" is also used ;)

Basically as was already said its found in the body but in much smaller doses. It can give you 10% more anabolic power from what I recall. Anyway I stopped using it because it was too hard to take, you had to mix the grainy powder in juice and then drink it but its too inconveniant and it didnt help me a great deal.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Dont know why, when it comes to doping, Agricola and J-something comes right into the mind. Mental images of syringes.. like these. ZZ merely reaffirms that.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Anyway I stopped using it because it was too hard to take, you had to mix the grainy powder in juice and then drink it but its too inconveniant and it didnt help me a great deal.
You can get it in tablet form from health food shops.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
You can get it in tablet form from health food shops.:thumbsup:
I might have just kept on taking it had it been easier to consume! :wallbang: Thanks

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
considering how much his physique improved while he was at Juve, it is clear that he benefited a LOT from creatine, probably more than other players. IMO it seriously undermines his place among the greats of the game. :thmbdown: It is also disgusting how he claims doping is not dangerous, great message for the young athletes :yuck:
HAHAHAHA

EVEN I TAKE CREATINE!!!

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
The word doping and creatine should not be used in the same sentence unless "not" is also used ;)

Basically as was already said its found in the body but in much smaller doses. It can give you 10% more anabolic power from what I recall. Anyway I stopped using it because it was too hard to take, you had to mix the grainy powder in juice and then drink it but its too inconveniant and it didnt help me a great deal.
Steroids are found in the body, actually two glands
(the adrenals)are threre just to produce steroids, shouldn't it be allowed too? :D

I don't have much knowledge why Creatine is allowed, but certainly it is not becuase it is "found" in the body.

You just love the logic of ignorants.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
cheater

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Creatine was illegal like Zidane said...and many other substances in certain periods are allowed and in others not...

...is not being a **** to presume that we are dealing with a ubber pro sports and drugs are at the order of the day, even in the form of abuse of mere painkillers, etc...is like thinking that Gascoine is the only wino and Diego the only cocaine user...palyers live a life most of the times dealing with extremes and clubs too force not few times their players to do things they are even afraid to do.

Add to this scenario that many enhacements has at the beggining some experimental periods that aren't ban, and clubs tend to try stuff and see later if it's dangerous..

At least Zidane talks a bit about the top of the iceberg regarding the xtra stuff that exists since day one in football and still exists.

·
Registered
56,232 Posts
well,
créatine is a substance for hiding drugs substances. that's for, i think that zidane and the others were doped. i'm not surprised.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts