Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do u guys still think it was a good idea sign zidane until 2008??? come on..... the man needs a cane... if he looks tired and old now i don´t wanna imagine him in 4 years...
The same for roberto carlos

Visca catalunya

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
YOU barca boys better hold on to Ronaldinho
this summer he may be the next Figo.
Wouldn t we love to see that

:)

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Zizou got too long a contract, but with the proper coach and use of Zidane, he will continue to be the class player he is.

Even Casillas, the youngest of them all, looks tired right now.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Alter Ego said:
YOU barca boys better hold on to Ronaldinho
this summer he may be the next Figo.
Wouldn t we love to see that

:)
good point he too may want to move to an inferior club at the standing moment

·
Registered
323 Posts
2008 is a little ridiculous, especially given the number of games he's played the past seasons. A couple more years makes sense though. Even if he only plays second halves, he's a great asset.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I still think he´s awesome, but 6 mill. per season until 2008 is too long.. even if the new coach makes him play less , too much money for a player that won´t be able to play much...

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,491 Posts
SELL HIM!!! and sign TOTTI or KAKA or R. Gaucho!!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I think we should keep him for one more year, since most properly Figo ,Ronaldo ,Beckham and may be RC leave , we need him for his leadership and experience

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I reckon he's shown enough signs of ageing to suggest he may not be up for a great, consistent season anymore. I don't really expect much from him next season as well, especially with how he won't even have a break in the summer. I love the great man, but 2008 is really ridiculous to say the least.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Kiyan said:
Inferior club in terms of..........

Next time don't make stupid comments that you can't back up. You are only embarassing yourself.
Comment worked i see though took longer than i thought for a reply:eek:

Now talking seriously i would see no reason for him to leave. At this moment hes at a club on a parallel with Real while the whole team is built for him at the moment.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Old? Look at Bergkamp in Arsenal or even some of the Depor players.
Him burning out very much depends on how he's used for the next few seasons. The main reason I can see is to lessen the impact of our renewal of 'galacticos'.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Firstly, its dead wrong to judge Zidane on his recent performances. Its apparent to see that he has been dead tired. You cannot judge a player - who is without doubt the *best* of his generation- on half a season where he has played an incredible number of games (in a role that requires a lot of stamina).

A couple of months ago he was still turning on magnificent performances (e.g. vs. B.Munich at home ). I bet if he goes on and plays a great Euro 04', everyone in here would be saying they can't wait untill next season to have him back in the side.

And to prove this point, he was voted by members of this forum as the best RM player for March :rolleyes:

Secondly, Zidane has been used in a less effective role on the left side. Zidane is more effective if given a free role like he is at France. Using him on the left side means he has to cut inside to deliver his through balls, meaning they are less effective and with RC pushing up, leaves the left side completely unmarked for the opposition. A more sensible way would be to put him in the centre, and have a DM behind him.

If Real do get Xabi Alonoso (which I think they should!), they would be able to use him like this:

MIDFIELD

------------------Xabi/Helguera/Beckham----------------------
---Beckham/Figo-----------------Figo/Solari-------------------
-----------------------Zidane--------------------------------------

Beckham is *more* effective on the right, Zidane is *more* effective in the middle- why don't they use that formation it puzzles me!! They would only be playing Figo out of his fav. position, but he still would manage OK!! If I remember correctly, they played against San Sebastain (?) at home using this formation and they they won 7-2 ;)

Third, and this is the point of this thread, a lot will change between now and 2008. There is no gurantee that Zidane would be here - EVEN IF HE HAS A CONTRACT. Contracts these days are not worth the paper they are signed on. Look at all the speculation going around at the moment - Beckham to Chelsea or whatever - all these players have contracts, don't they?

This was just a gesture by RM to show their appreciation of Zidane's work, and offer him an extension, same as they did with RC, etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts