Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zico played his last game in the 1986 Copa and Romario v Uruguay last year (?). Zico scored 48 in 71 and Romario 54 in 69. Romario has taunted Zico with the "I am a winner jibe", but Baixinho did not have to play alongside Serginho in a Copa! Both great players and how we miss Zico and a Romario as was. Thoughts?

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Between missing Zico or Romario, who is the bigger loss?

Well, I would opt for Zico. If i had to choose or Zico or Romario, i would go with the Galinho!

Since ZIco stopped playing , we have never had a brilliant play maker. All of them have failed (let's hope Ronaldinho G. and Kaka do not dissapoint) passing from Edu Marangon to Rivaldo (yes i consider him a flop as he can't set up any play)

While Romario's goal touch is second to none, we do have so many forwards that his loss is not quite as big as Zico. I mean we can have a Ronaldo, Luizao, Franca, Edilson etc..etc...etc..

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re Rivaldo, the one 'negative' I have about him is that he rarely passes a ball first time. I think you are on dangerous ground mitigating the loss of Romario with some of those you mention!!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Thie thing is that those other guys can score goals. but not in the same reate and precision as Romario, or even at the same level of presure.
While for Zico, since he stopped playing, we have not found someone that did half of what he did in midfield!:( :eek:

·
Registered
390 Posts
i wouldnt compare romario n zico as the way i see it theyve got completely different styles n roles, altho their similarites r bein legends for both brasil NT n the greatest football team in history...
what i dont like bout rivaldo is that he seems to slow the ball down too often, n he always seems to want to be the one to give the "last pass", i dont really know how to explain this, but i dont really see him doin well when barca r workin the ball cuz he always wants to shoot or give the pass that will leave the man in open for the goal, but he must learn to play wit the rest of the team n follow them when theyre playin patiently...

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rivaldo's hestitancy concerns me as Ronaldo (Deus bless him) will need to ball passed to him quickly in certain situations. I know Romario and Zico are different types: I was just playing on the common denominator - GOALS!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts