Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
42,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we know, Benfica secured a very late 1-0 victory against the Russian side in the first leg thanks to Stevie's boy, Jonas. It's a decent result but things are by no means safe heading into the return leg. Still a draw or a 2-1 defeat would be enough to progress. Or you know, 3-2 4-3 etc. etc. but that wouldn't do your hearts the world of good, and I'd be irritated by winning run would be at a premature end, so lets get a positive result, shall we?

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
We'll have to see if Benfica follows Sporting's example of humanity and intentionally loses their European tie.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Gotta be at least a draw tonight! I'll be rushing homewards after work and pray I'll find a stream that's not buffering half the game like on sarurday!

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
really hope we can pull a win today, would be awesome, but at least a draw yes, any draw:D

we need the pts and the $...so lets go for it Benfica, lets win this!!

Game is very early for our standards here on a weekday ( will be at 5pm Portugal GMT), just read there will be around 500 Benfica fans at the stadium :wee:

there are several players that cant play, such as André Almeida and Jardel (both punished) , Julio César and Lisandro Lopez are still injured ( aswell as Luisão..) , so once again, our defense will have to be changed, with Ruben Dias, another B team player, being called.

Who would have guessed...2 "kids" as our CB's for the CL game:D and other two as goalie and right back. Hope he can have a debut as good as Lindloff, and Nelson Semedo:) and Ederson can play aswell as he did with sporting

On Zenit's side, Criscito and Javi Garcia are also punished and wont play

Benfica's likely starting line-up:

Ederson;
Nélson Semedo, Lindelöf, Rúben Dias , Eliseu;
Samaris , Renato Sanches; Gaitán, Pizzi
Jonas , Mitroglou

Zenits likely starting line up:

Lodygin
Anyukov, Garay, Lombaerts , Zhirkov;
Witsel , Maurício; Danny, Hulk, Shatov , Dzyuba

Força Benfica!!! :wee: :D

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
From what I've seen I like the Grimaldo kid aswell as a left back.
Hope Jones doensn't pull off his jersey again after he scores, or he'll be banned for the next game!

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
yes grimaldo did a very good game...but i think he got injured :palm:

as for jonas well...i doubt...should be zero degrees there:D

·
Registered
59,172 Posts
I doubt you guys will go through but good luck. :)

·
Registered
59,172 Posts
Benfica attacking better than they did against sporting

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Why was Pizzi trying to pizz off the ref? Completely useless discussion right there and an unnecessary booking. Hope the boys score the 1-0 soon. This is getting a nailbiter like the last 30 minutes of the derby...

·
Registered
59,172 Posts

·
Registered
59,172 Posts
Jonas perhaps could have done better, he aimed straight at zenit goalie

1 - 20 of 35 Posts