Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tuesday's see us look to get one foot in the final 16 with a win against Lyon. This would be the 3rd time we have got to the last 16 of the Champions League since 2012. We are currently top of our group after defeating Valencia 3-2 in Spain and beating Genk 2-1 at the Petrovsky, we currently hold a hefty 5 point advantage over Lyon with a win increasing the advantage to 8 points with just 3 matches left to play.

Early team news - Garay will be back after being absent yesterday due to his wife recently giving birth. Of the other players out - I expect Fazyulin still to be out. No news yet on Smolnykov and Criscito who were both unavailable yesterday or how serious Javi Garcia's injury was yesterday.

Let's do this Zenit!

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
smolnikov out.

garay,javi and anyukov will play.

criscito is fit but likely will not play.

so i guess neto as right back.

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From the AVB press conference - Garay back in the squad, Garcia is fit too and so as Criscito, I haven't seen any questions asked about Smolynkov nor seem him in the training Photo's so I am guessing he will be out along with Fazyulin.

I'm going for this team -

Kerhazkov
Criscito
Garay
Lombaerts
Anyukov
Garcia
Witsel
Danny
Hulk
Shatov
Dzyuba

Let's go Petrovsky!

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Genk????:stoned:

it is Gent CDG.

villas boas said smolnikov is out,go see again the press conference cdg.

criscito is medical fit but have no match fitness.

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lyon have returned a batch of their tickets and we have put their allocation on general sale, down to 140 tickets.

Amazed at how much more we charge for Champions League matches over Russian Premier League matches, the tickets go as high as 7100 roubles for tonight's match v Lyon, for the Anzhi home match for example, the highest price ticket is 1600 roubles!

I can't remember what we paid for the Dynamo Moscow tickets but we were in the most expensive part of the stadium other than the VIP section, I think it was around 1500 roubles each.

Vpered za Piter!

watch?v=IHfQmFOgfrQ

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And who can forget one of our great European comebacks on route to winning the UEFA Cup in 2008 was against a French team.

We appeared down and out after losing 3-1 to Marseille in France in the first leg before dicking them 2-0 at the Petrovsky with a late winner from the Pog!

The crowd noise is deafening after the 2nd goal. Great memories.

watch?v=leTFkj9GWyg

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
From the AVB press conference - Garay back in the squad, Garcia is fit too and so as Criscito, I haven't seen any questions asked about Smolynkov nor seem him in the training Photo's so I am guessing he will be out along with Fazyulin.

I'm going for this team -

Kerhazkov
Criscito
Garay
Lombaerts
Anyukov
Garcia
Witsel
Danny
Hulk
Shatov
Dzyuba

Let's go Petrovsky!

Nailed the line up!

BOOOM!

·
Dzyubaphile
6,598 Posts
Just when it looked like things could go tits up Hulk saved us with a patented blast. Then it was very comfortable from there.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
congrats on the win......

you are almost qualified,90 per cent i would say.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts