Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still in confusion regarding Zenden. From one report, I heard he has already gone to Lazio for £8m but in another report it says that he's still at Barca.
I feel that he's good enough here, why must we take in and pay £15m for Overmars for him......:confused:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Zenden will probably still go to Lazio. Gaspart is probably just waiting for the Overmars deal to be finalised before selling him. Overmars is a better player than Zenden. He scores a lot of goals for a winger, can easily beat his marker with pace or skill and is two footed which means he can play on either wing (if we play wings that is). He could even possible play in a more central attacking position such are his skills.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Zenden missed this evenings practice because he traveled to Rome to have physical. Apparently this deal is done, bye bye Bolo.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I think Zenden is a better player than Overmars. The only possible way to compare them is to take their results with Oranje. Zenden scored more the last two years. Furthermore Zenden is better in man-to-man situations, andhe doesn't fall as fast as Overmars does. Zenden always runs further...
I understand selling Zenden (it took al while, but finally ;)) but I certainly don't understand signing Overmars...

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
This Zenden soap opera has taken another twist. Apparently the deal is being suspended again because there is some disagreement between the two clubs about the fee. So let's see. He's not Lazio's yet.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
a new report from http://www.onefootball.com :

------------------------------------------------------------
£8 million Zenden deal on verge of collapse

Barcelona coach Llorenc Serra Ferrer admitted on Thursday that "grave problems" were threatening to derail winger Boudewijn Zenden's proposed £8 million transfer to Lazio.

The Nou Camp boss confirmed that the Holland player had agreed terms with the Rome giants and passed a medical. But unspecified difficulties had stalled negotiations between Barca and Lazio president Sergio Cragnotti, he said.

Serra Ferrer added: "I wouldn't have a problem if the deal collapsed and Zenden stayed here. He is still an interesting player."

Lazio representatives Vinicio Fioranelli and Nello Governato were understood to be in crisis talks with their Catalan counterparts on Thursday afternoon.

If the contractual disagreement cannot be resolved quickly, Zenden will join Barcelona's pre-season training camp in Hoenderloo, Holland, on Friday.
------------------------------------------------------------

hm... :confused:

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Lazio have officially informed Barca that the deal is over!
Yippie! :D
At least Zenden stays.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
The Zenden deal was supposed to be finalized today, and Lazio sent a couple of agents to Barcelona. But something happened and the reasons are not known yet.
It's Barcelona's new coach Serra Ferrer who said today that Zenden is going to stay at Barceloan, that has caused problems.

The deal was very close and Lazio was supposed to pay $13 million for the player. After the problems to sign Barcelona's Zenden, Lazio's sport director Nello Governato said today that Lazio is not interested in the player anymore.
Governato: "We have given the negegotiations with Barcelona up. We have let Barcelona know that we are not interested anymore."

So It mean Bolo stays with Barca, but i've heard that Fiorentina is also trying to sign him now :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No Zenden is staying, he's not now possibly moving to Fiorentina. And Overmars won't come anymore. :)
Barca don't need him, and Wenger probably has talked his way out of everything so that Overmars stays at Highbury. ;)

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Zenden may still be going to Lazio in a trade involving Sergio Conceicao, who refuses to go to Parma. He says he is interested in coming to Barca and SF seems to like him so maybe this will happen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts