Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reports have Bolo going to Lazio for 8 million pounds. This deal is seen favorably by Barca and it could be completed as early as today. Also once this deal is through, it looks like we will go after Overmars for an amount almost twice what we are selling Zenden for. WHY?? This has to be one of the dumbest moves we have made in years. This move will not improve the "dutch dilemma". Also it will bring in an older player to play in a position that Zenden was growing into. He will be a very good player in next two years so i don't think we should let him leave. The most disturbing thing is we will be losing money overall with these two deals and it doesn't seem to improve our team overall. Comments please!!

·
Registered
550 Posts
I, personally am glad that Zenden is going. I don't rate him as he gives the ball away far too much and cannot cross a ball. I have nothing personal against Dutch players but there are too many at Barca and selling him for 8 million pounds is good business for Barca.
I don't think we should buy Overmars either. He is undoubtedly, one of the best wingers/attackers in the world but we have great attackers already. We need primarily to improve our defence, beacuse at the present time it just is not good enough to win European trophies.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Zenden had a great EURO2000, but if we're not playing wings next season (and I believe SF doesn't want to) selling is the best option :( But why would we get Overmars then???????

I also heard Chelsea wanted Zenden, btw...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts