Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So who is the next big talent to break under him? Ibarbo?

Pinilla and Sau to have 20 goals each?

·
Registered
359 Posts
If Italy want to dominate world football again they should mandate all promising Italian youth be sent to Cagliari. Loan them there for a year until they are world class players, then ship in a new batch the year after, and so on. Zeman probably has a good five years left before his lungs give out. That should see Italy good up to Euro 2032.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
My new favourite team :cool:

·
Registered
212 Posts
If Italy want to dominate world football again they should mandate all promising Italian youth be sent to Cagliari. Loan them there for a year until they are world class players, then ship in a new batch the year after, and so on. Zeman probably has a good five years left before his lungs give out. That should see Italy good up to Euro 2032.
Totally agree. They did that already with Colombi & Capello being sent there already. Capello, even though he is 18 years old, he has a chance of making first team if the rumors of Ibarbo leaving are true because Pinilla said he's leaving already.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't think Tonetto played under Zeman. He left Lecce at the end of 2004 and Zeman coached them in 2004-2005. Not that he was remotely good back then anyways. :D

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Longo and Benedetti from Inter to Cagliari

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Glad for Zeman. He will have less pressure to finish top of the league and a mid-table finish will be an accomplishment for the new owner.

Lets see Zeman work his magic with the younger players. Cagliari should be exciting to watch this coming season.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Longo and Benedetti from Inter to Cagliari
Crisetig too apparently.

Inter doing the wise thing. Sending youngsters to be trained by Zeman. :thumbsup:

now that I googled a bit, the new Cagliari president was actually part of Inter's BOD.

I guess that's where the 'Moratti buying Cagliari' link/story came about.

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Oh he is? How long is he going to last? 2 months? Maybe 3 if he's lucky until Cagliari drop into the relegation zone... lmao. Zeman should just give it up and play golf at a country club.

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
The problem is not Zeman but the quality of Cagliari. The performances of Livorno in this season should have taught that relying heavily on the the former Primavera players of Inter isn't enough to stay in serie A. That unless Inter are loaning to Cagliari a few real craques, the way Verratti, Insigne and Immobile were for Zeman at Pescara.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts