Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you well know, I dont know too much about brazilian soccer...

I just wanted to know..Why do you like Corinthians so much?? Are you from Sao Paulo?? I am asking you because regionality bring a lot of enthusiasm towards teams...I was just curious...

If I had to pick a team from Brazil right now, I would pick Vasco...Of course I am a glory hunter right now...No loyalty now...But I do like Marcelinho very much...I seen a few nippets here and there about Edilson...But not too much knowledge...

I know one thing...I hate palmeiras...Paulo Nunes (the dumb @ss who used to put a silly mask on his face when he scores..I think thats him..I hate that bum..He is so arrogant...I saw a little something on him after that incedent with Edilson...)..

Also, where was Amoroso before Udinese..Thats where I first remember him...He was good last season..I loved his game..But still...Not even close to being a superstar...Do you think he has any potential with national team??

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Paulo Nunes plays for Cruzeiro now.Amoroso played for Flamengo and Guarani.

And he is already a superstar.

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
tony, to explain you the Corinthians thing:

Natalya, Ze, Aquila, Kafka, Amo and myselft were recruited for a television show in Sao Paulo. If was produced by Globo TV and one could say it was the brazilian equivalent to "Big Brother". We decided on Amo first to go, so he is now a fan of p. :( where the rest uf us made good friends and became Corinthians supporters. Still we like Amo, he however can't forgive us for first sending him to the cellar of the house the show was recorded at and then made him go altogether. Sad, but what can we do.

Later we traveled Brazil together and of course this was a blast. We had the most fantastic time at Parque São Jorge (Corinthians recreation facilities; membership at present - 140,000)

So this should give you an idea.

:)

CESF

[This message has been edited by Alexx (edited 04-05-2000).]

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Tony,
NO, I'm not from Sao Paulo, i've only lived their 1 year when I was about 2 years old...can't rememebr nothing. My mum lived in Sao Paulo 18 years of her of her life..then I started supporting Corinthians cause of her....and my dad supported Santos in Sao Paulo state and Vasco in Rio State. SO for me it is Corinthians in Sao Paulo and Flamengo in RIo state...of course Corinthians is 99% of my heart and Flamengo only 1%.
Now the love for Corinthians is because I alaways travel to see Corinthians, I am alaways in Sao Paulo, as I do like the city a lot, and my cousin lives their. Also, football is a part of my life, and when you start suppporting Corinthians , that's when you know what fanatism is.....It's different in Corinthians everybody says that. We are the only supporters that really intefere in team tactics and get the total respect from directors, otherwise they might get beaten up. It'a cultural thing tony, when you are born/live in Brazil you understand what is football..what is a TRUE WORLD CUP.
For example, if I had the money to go to 2002 WC.....I would rather be in Brazil instead of going to Japan, cause i know i'll have much more fun in Brazil than in Korea/Japan!
And the rest you can get of with Alexx..who said a cool story :)

About supporting Vasco as for being a glory hunter, I think you should support Corinthians.....Vasco are a team of second places, they lose all the finals....they have not won nothing since august 98. In the meantime we have won 2 Brazilian championships, 1 Sao Paulo state, 1 World Cup, 1 u-21 cup, Carnival with Gavioes da Fiel etc..etc..etc..
O CAMPEAO DOS CAMPEOES
The champion of the champions! :) TIMAO EO

P.Nunes plays for Gremio now, and Amoroso played for Guarani and Flamengo...although he's from the city were I lived Brasilia....Brazil's capital :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor...ate o fim.
LHP - THE WORLD IS OURS!!!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see what you are saying ze..

But there is one thing...I dont see many brazilian games..So, it is very difficult to get emotionally attached to any team...I have watched Marcelinho a little..so, I really like him..thats how I even started to read a little about Corinthians...

I feel a little I support Vasco a little more because 1)Romario and Edmundo play there..I have seen them and I like their games...I really followed romario in WC94...If both of them make an effort to see a shrink everything will be fine...
2) They kicked the living crap out of ManU...There is no team I hate more than them..I have to agree, they play beautiful game once in a while...I only like Peter Schmicheal...He left..

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Tony,
I never said that someone has to support a Brazilian team or whatever.
I support Corinthiians cause is something I was born with....its my identification as a person and with the society I lived the most. That's Corinthians to me, that's football to me. It's not just 22 players running after the ball. That's why football will never be nothing in America, cause you guys have not got this social acclaim to the sport as other countries do, specially as Brazil!
Also, I never said that soeone from America or anywere else in the world should support them!
You can support whoever you want to....all I did was answer your question :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

[This message has been edited by Ze da Fiel (edited 04-05-2000).]

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whoa...Thats all I wanted you to answer...I didnt say that you said that I have to support a team...I was just saying that if you need to be a supporter, you need to have a connection with them...thats all..

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Sorry tony,
i misunderstood you...sorry mate :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How did Corinthians get their name?? Isn't Corinth in Greece?

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
As usual a great discussion here!
Ze, it must have fabulous when you guys all gathered together for that TV show!WOW!
Not to mention the trip around paradise!(Brasil).Could you please tell more about it and share it with others that were not there?
WOuld that be possible or would that be too personal? :)
Anyways, Ze i'm craving for learning as much as i can about Brasil, so anything you say about Paradise, i will be reading it with lots of pleasure and attention.
Tchao amigao!
Forza Magico Milan!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts