Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think that Ze maria could've been used more this season making more of an Impact.I feel the Brazilian hasn't had the fairest of go's and perhaps Mancini may've made more use of the talented star.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I think Ze Maria is the perfect Right Wing Solution for Inter. Perfect, even if I hadn't known that, I would have liked Ze Maria in the RB and JZ in the LB role

Excellent man, very solid

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Pulsar thats what i was saying most of the time. Keep Ze Maria at RB and JZ at LB with Favalli out of the starting line up. Ze Maria is playing quite well when he has been given the chance of late. But at the start of the season he didnt have great performances, most of them were quite average. So this most likely affected how many opportunities he got to play from the start.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
All I gotta say is that I'm supporter number 1 of italians in the starting lineup

but favalli-yuck

That's another story.

And that shows how good he is.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I think Ze Maria could have done better than van der Meyde and should have been given more opportunities to play. But I disagree on moving Captain Zanetti to left back and having Ze Maria at right back. The main reasons being that Ze Maria is not the fast and the times I have seen him play at left back, he has at times struggled with his marking. Also, moving Captain Zanetti to left back neutralises his attacking capabilities/strengths. He plays more effectively on the right. If Inter want an answer to their problem left back position the club should simply purchase a a quality left back rather than shuffling the team.

With regards to Favalli, and this may not count for much, he has played quite well in recent matches. In my honest opinion, I believe he plays better when Kily is in front of him as opposed to Stankovic. Someone commented on how ineffectual Zembrotta was in this morning's match. The main reason for that was Kily who provided Favalli with adequate cover, something Stankovic does not know how to do.

·
Registered
45,686 Posts
Inter01 said:
With regards to Favalli, and this may not count for much, he has played quite well in recent matches. In my honest opinion, I believe he plays better when Kily is in front of him as opposed to Stankovic. Someone commented on how ineffectual Zembrotta was in this morning's match. The main reason for that was Kily who provided Favalli with adequate cover, something Stankovic does not know how to do.
Well said. For all the time I've been dissing Favalli, he has been performing much better. And as Inter01 points out, this is because he has Kily in front of him. Not only does Kily provide more cover, he also links up better with Favalli in the attack.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Ze Maria should only play RB if Zanetti cant, he was exellent last night, but defensively he is as all brazillians more focused on going forward. at Right midfield he cant do that much wrong.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Curse you Stankovic! :D

After the Juve match last night, it would be a crime to move Zanetti to LB ;)

Him and Ze Maria owned that flank, and Capitano saved our defense over and over again by intercepting Nedved and Zlatan inside the box.

FORZA CAPITANO!

Hey.. Wasn't this thread about Ze Maria? :D

The guy is good at RW, but only for defensive matches. Play him in an offensive match and you'd realize that he really isn't the answer. Guys, I hate to say it, but some of you really are frail. You witness a couple of good matches from the guy and forget all his blunders in the past. In the beginning of the season, he played as RB in place of Capitano and he sucked crap. He's too weak and slow to be playing in the RB position.

Anyways, hats off for a good match or two by Ze Maria.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
A few season back he could of been a contender to start but for now he is a good backup for JZ, I liked him in his Perugia days and he was one of the best crossers of the ball in SerieA, But now he is getting on abit like I said.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
well,ze maria is a great backup really!
he shld be kept for the next season,in these last games of the season when mora decides who is going to stay,he is showin what he is made of,n i m happy for him,cause i like brazilians all of them are talented :D
so ze maria shld stay,n stanko shld be sold to roma for chivu

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Faisal said:
A few season back he could of been a contender to start but for now he is a good backup for JZ, I liked him in his Perugia days and he was one of the best crossers of the ball in SerieA, But now he is getting on abit like I said.
He was excellent freekick taker too at Perugia, but like many have said should stay as back-up or play as RW.

·
Registered
61,189 Posts
He's a decent utility player.

As Faisal mentioned, he has a killer cross and I remeber when he was at Perugia under Cosmi (Ze Maria on the right and Fabio Grosso on the left, two excellent wide men) I was left shitting my pants when he was taking a corner or a free kick against us. :D IMO he's too good to be a substitute as he would start in most teams in Italy.

Anyway, I'm delighted that my theory worked (2 right-backs as to shut down Juve's impressive left flank) and luckily Mancio was thinking the same exact way. :shades: Ze Maria didn't do much attacking last night, he was more like a right back while J.Zanetti played closer to Cordoba.

P.S. Nice cross. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts