Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ze, i need you to tell me on the following players that Milan are apparently after:
17 years old Diego Ribas Da Cunha from Santos for 7 M$. Is he any good? Which position does he play? Is he any good to be worth that much?

Muito Obrigado.:)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
San Siro,
he is a forward , started this season with Santos and scord a couple of goals. I have not seen much of him, perhaps Garrincha knows something about him!

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
About Diego

My computer's internet connection died and my work has left me with very little time to fix it. I'm posting from my girlfriend's PC now, but trust me, I intend to rectify this situation. Ah, well...

Diego is Santos' sharp new revelation. He's still just a kid, 17 or 16 I think. Physically he's clearly still in development - he's short and light, but has a good build and looks like he may grow to be a very interesting player. Santos' team currently is a piece of crap - I'm sorry if this insults someone, but that's my opinion. So this young talented kid, who would normally get a couple of chances, is getting a LOT of chances. He's doing well so far, and that by itself shows a great deal of psychological adaptability, as this is a kid who was thrown in professional-level football at an early age.

Now, I have seen only a couple of his games, aside from several highlights, but here's the basic technical profile: Diego is a decent dribbler, good ball control, and excellent at shooting and passing. He hits the ball with loads of intimacy, and once he develops physically, he may really go places. He doesn't look like he's growing to be very tall, though, as he's more the "short-and-sturdy" type.

Lastly - as most Brazilian clubs, Santos is in DEEP financial troubles - so I don't really think it will be long before Diego is sold to some Euro club. That's the way it goes, huh? :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts