Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In onefootbal.com he is allready in the squad list...
How come there is nothing about it in the official website?...

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
There's a simple answer to that: Coz he is not a juventino... yet.
The negociations of bringing Zauri, include that Maresca went to Atalanta, has you may know Maresca join Piazenza, so... now the negociations has started again...

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From onefootball:

Position: Midfielder
Date of birth: Friday 20th January 1978
Birthplace: Pescina Italy
Height: 1.78
Weight: 75
Signed from: Chievo Verona

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Zauri joined Juventus in summer 2002 in a swap deal that saw Enzo Maresca and Marco Zanchi moving in the opposite direction.

Extremely versatile, Zauri can play in almost any position. He has appeared in the centre of defence and in the centre of midfield as well as at left back.

Began his career at Atalanta, but moved to Chievo on loan after making just two appearances. He returned to Bergamo for the 1999-2000 season, and quickly became a first-team regular, earning a call-up to the Italy squad in May 2001."

Chievo!?!?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Its still quite a mystery as to who will feature for the left back position for Juventus this coming season. Of course, Pessoto is still a very good player and can play after recovering from his injury.

However, i believe Juve needs some new promising future player in that position. It seems that Paramatti has moved to Atalanta, that means there's no more left back in Juve, except Pessoto.

Coco moved to Inter, possibly because Juve's managers deemed him to be quite a person with an attitude problem and don't want him here. Zauri, i feel, plays better as a right back, looked very solid, reminds me of Toricelli. As left back, he looks ok too. But this transfer saga of him seems to get stuck somewhere and the news stop flowing.

Preferably, i think Juve should get an Italian leftback who can be a first team player for the national team in the future, to replace Maldini. Forget Chivu.

But as to Zauri or not, let's wait and see.......but so far, Juve's transfer adventures seem to be quite boring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts