Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, can anyone help me find out the name of the ex Russian team Zaria Voroschilovgrad, I now believe they play in the Ukrainian league, if so can you let me know which town they come from and the name of their stadium. Thank you. Tom.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
TomC EFC said:
Hi guys, can anyone help me find out the name of the ex Russian team Zaria Voroschilovgrad, I now believe they play in the Ukrainian league, if so can you let me know which town they come from and the name of their stadium. Thank you. Tom.
Voroshilovgrad?? :yuck: Russian team?? :yuck: :yuck: This town is called Lugansk, Lugansk in Ukraine, remember it please!! :wallbang:

With the least stroke of fortune, they will get promoted to the highest division for the next season. :smileani: Their ground is named Avangard by the way. :cool:

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
He is right however; Zorya Voroshilovgrad was their Soviet name. They canged it soon after to Luhansk. Looks like they'll be up next season -

Arsenal Kharkov better go up instead, exciting young team with actual supporters!
On the other hand Avangard holds 25,000 so potenitally crowds could be pulled, but who the hell do they have on their roster??!!

Don't quote me (Im sure you will) but I think Olexandr Kiryukhin plays for them. He has played for like a dozen teams, including a few in Russia (so Dema might know him) and had a season or two at Dynamo Kiev. He might have even played internationally acctually.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts