Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's Lazio's brilliant Argentinian Zarate six goal's so far this season and I bet all the big boy's especially have their tongue's wagging.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
ALL the big boys?

You mean ManCity, RealMadrid, Chelsea only Right?

He is splended alright. But the above clubs will look at him when their #1 choice Aguero, #2 Villa are out of reach.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Player of the month in Serie A for sure. Great start for this guy and I thought he was excellent at Birmingham last year... now at a club where he receives some pretty delicious passes from guys like Matuzalem and Ledesma and links up well with Pandev and Lazio are really working well.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
amazing player, a bit moody.

·
Scudetto
23,465 Posts
Nah, by next season Cruz and Crespo will be gone, leaving Balotelli, Adriano and Zlatan.

Zarate would fit their bill perfectly.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Even with Balotelli, Adriano and Zlatan that's enough for Mourinho's 4-3-3 system. If anything they should be looking to sign wingers and CMs.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I don't think Inter will get him. I think he might go to another league or he might go to Roma possibly? They need a goal scorer, and I'm not talking about avg. players like Baptista

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
O true, forgot about that

anyway I would like to also point out Inter own Obinna as well

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Is it only me or there is something wrong with football when a player's next destination is discussed even before a month since his first official match for the new club has passed?

Anyway, if things continue in such a fairy tale fashion for Zarate, I really doubt Lotito will sell him unless a crazy offer arrives. The fans hate him quite enough as it is and nowadays he is all beaming with pride about "his great transfer".

More to the point, so far the really amazing thing abotu Zarate is not his skills, it's the combination of skills and hunger to score. Against Fiorentina he had, IIRC, 7 shots on target, and was sooooo disappointed by not scoring.

·
Scudetto
23,465 Posts
I know what you are saying Anomander, but unless Lazio get some serious financial backing, they will always sell, especially when the big clubs come knocking.

Besides, Lazio don't own him, right? Al-Sadd from Qatar own his contract.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
I know what you are saying Anomander, but unless Lazio get some serious financial backing, they will always sell, especially when the big clubs come knocking.
Of course, all I am saying that if he continues performing like that, they will have to knock with a sledgehammer, if you get my drift. It won't make much sense to buy him for 20 million, make him (hopefully) an established name in Europe and then sell him for say 25. Of course, if Man City decides they need him, I suppose we will listen very carefully. :)

Besides, Lazio don't own him, right? Al-Sadd from Qatar own his contract.
Well, yes, but if he does well enough to be a target for the real big boys then we will buy him for sure.

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
Well, yes, but if he does well enough to be a target for the real big boys then we will buy him for sure.

can u afford him in dat case?his price is alredy vry high ,rite?plus u spent a lot on bianchi also dint u?financially u r not vry strong so can u actually buy him or wil we hav anodr tevez kinda affair?

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Well, we bought players for more than 17 millions this summer, plus with the perspective of later selling Zarate for more, it wouldn't make any sense from an economical point of view not to use our option - assuming he doesn't have a dramatic dip in form or a career threatening injury, of course.

Btw, we didn't buy Bianchi but we have bought tons of players who were on loan first.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts