Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“The Chairman Maurizio Zamparini announces he has resigned from Palermo Calcio's chairmanship. In 15 days a new chairman will be appointed and presented during a press conference in Palermo. The new chairman is the member and representative of an anglo-american fund, contractually committed to invest in the plans of Zamparini's Group with initial priority in the investments of Palermo Calcio and facilities which have to be built in Palermo, that means stadium and sports center. The aim of the investors is to bring the club back where the city deserves to be, in Europe, in 3-5 years".
So, he is really resigning this time, after announcing Arab and Chinese investors in the past, it's now the time for Anglo-American ones. Unknown up to now. A funny guy suggested there could be the involvement of the general Patton. Anyway, resignations are official this time so we could consider the Zamparini's era over.
Bitter words of the same Zamparini appear in the Giornale di Sicilia: "I have been insulted for 2 years. I won't say goodbye to anyone".

·
MVP
8,980 Posts
As someone on twitter put it, He had nobody else to sack, so he sacked himself :D

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
I know we all love to troll Zamparini but before him Palermo were not on the map in Serie A for ages.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
FINALLY! I know he did a lot for Palermo in the early days but he should have resigned years ago when his club started becoming a managerial circus.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Yeah a relegation in 2013 and an inevitable one in 2017 means change is required. Their current squad is a joke in comparison to the one they had under Guidolin for one..

·
Registered
34,451 Posts
Someone posted this online:

Best Zampa era XI

Amauri and Luca Toni ignored? Or maybe only currently active players?

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just currently active players, definitely, and there are not even players like Zaccardo, who had a highest peak in his career than other players in that lineup (world champion!) but is right now in serie B.
The odd thing is that they chose Delio Rossi when there is Pioli who is right now the coach of Inter, while Delio Rossi is without a job.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Pioli barely coached Palermo while Delio Rossi reached a Coppa Italia final.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Miccoli is the best player in the Zamparini era, imvo.

Corini best CM I think.

Sirigu best GK.

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pioli barely coached Palermo while Delio Rossi reached a Coppa Italia final.
it's a different logic from the one they used for the lineup, in which they chose players according to what they are now, rather than on their history at Palermo. If the performances at Palermo were considered, there would be no way Raggi is in the starting lineup and Zaccardo isn't mentioned. They clearly considered the fact that the former plays for AS Monaco while the latter plays for Vicenza.

·
Administrator
52,111 Posts

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Chelsea is profitable because they won, and they won because Abramovich spent a boatload of money.

He doesn't have the resources to be Palermo's sugar daddy.

Zampa chose a new Zampa like Berlu chose a new Berlu.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Chelsea's profit is pretty small or non-existent in most years. Abramovich didn't buy it to make money, in fact they lose money in some years even now that he's cut the crazy spending.

This is their latest financial results announcement:
The group turnover figure of £329.1m was up five per cent on last year’s figure of £314.3m, generating a £4.7m profit before exceptional costs. The club incurred exceptional costs of £75.3m
In other words, they lost £70 mln. in the last financial period.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Profitability, in technical terms, refers to gross profit, not net income or operating income, EBIT, or EBITDA. And I think the Bacca guy just meant in terms of attraction, fanbase, growth, and spending power.

Soccer is ultra-competitive, and clubs rarely make money. Net losses are common and gains are minuscule. Clubs aren't exactly personal investment vehicles. Not direct ones at least...an owner can use it to enhance his image, but clubs themselves aren't money-generating machines that pay out dividends.

In other words,
That quote doesn't tell you they had a net loss of 70m.

But I looked it up, and they did have a net loss of 70.6m. It was largely due to the penalty for ending contract with Adidas. They don't lose that much every year.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts