Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Proud Juventino.
Joined
·
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of the most desired threads here (u will see after 2 pages). :devil:

so?

Zambrotta balances between offense and defense,, produces perfect crosses with BOTH legs,, he was a RW in 2001-2002 and currently a LB :shades:

I want to know some info about A.cole,, like did he play previously in other positions and stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,111 Posts
don't know much about A. Cole expet that he plasy for Arsenal, but I thik Zambrotta is the most compleat of the two.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,350 Posts
There have already been numreous threads about Zambro Vs. Cole on the World forums. Don't see why another one is needed.

Ohh, and that's because it's obvious that Zambrotta is the better of the two:D.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
865 Posts
Let me get started.... Both are excellent players. 2 bests in their positions. Both of them used to be wingers. Anyway, I just wanna give some of their abilities and skills, maybe people less biased than us can decide.

Zambrotta - tall, both feet, attack-minded.
Cole - Extremely pacey, attack-minded, quite often scores goals, despite being relatively small, is very strong.

As for me, I go for A. Cole... Simply because he's been an integral part of Arsenal's 49 game unbeaten run. And while playing internationally, Cole has been more convincing than Zambrotta lately.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
865 Posts
HuxFlux said:
No, he has not.
He has...... Just look how they performed at the Euro. England went trough to quarters, while Italy couldn't. And Cole at Euro was very solid, which I can't say of Zambrotta. Also in 2006 qualifiers England is doing quite well, while Italy struggles. They conceded 3 goals from Belorusia for god's sakes.....

Almost forgot.... Cole was named as a member of EURO All-Star Squad.... :D
 

·
Proud Juventino.
Joined
·
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Zambro was chosen of the all star 22 squad ;)
 

·
Xtratime Allstar
Joined
·
9,820 Posts
Nauan said:
He has...... Just look how they performed at the Euro. England went trough to quarters, while Italy couldn't. And Cole at Euro was very solid, which I can't say of Zambrotta. Also in 2006 qualifiers England is doing quite well, while Italy struggles. They conceded 3 goals from Belorusia for god's sakes.....

Almost forgot.... Cole was named as a member of EURO All-Star Squad.... :D

That was the lamest argument I've read in a long time. You judge the players qualities based on their NT's performence :rolleyes: Italy didn't go far, but Zambrotta was argaubly the greatest wingback in the tournament. He was one of a few Italians that actually did well, and Zambrotta has been doing absolutely well since. And if Italy concede many goals in one game got nothing to do with Zambrotta, he's a offensive wingback for god's sake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,768 Posts
nasty nick said:
That was the lamest argument I've read in a long time. You judge the players qualities based on their NT's performence :rolleyes: Italy didn't go far, but Zambrotta was argaubly the greatest wingback in the tournament. He was one of a few Italians that actually did well, and Zambrotta has been doing absolutely well since. And if Italy concede many goals in one game got nothing to do with Zambrotta, he's a offensive wingback for god's sake.
agreed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
It really helps if you read the whole thread you know. That guy was just proving his point about Cole performing better in recent internationals. He wasn't basing his whole argument on international performances.
 

·
Proud Juventino.
Joined
·
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
he said tht cole was more convincing then zambro,, which is not true,,

totti spat at poulsen,, then totti sucks because he didnt play in the euro .. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
865 Posts
Hey, I know what i said okay guys.... I said lately in INTERNATIONAL matches Cole was more convincing. Refer to my first post here....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,168 Posts
Many people remember Cole's performance against Ronaldo at the Euro. A very good one indeed, but magnified by the intense anglo-media build up to the Arsenal vs. United duel.

Zambrotta was absolutely immense against Sweden (DESTROYED Ljungberg for instance) and Bulgaria... but the media didn't really care about that.

L'Equipe had Zambro in it's 2004 side... I think he's the better player of the two as well, but Ash is most certainly a very good player, and I understand why people would choose him also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,621 Posts
Glen said:
Many people remember Cole's performance against Ronaldo at the Euro. A very good one indeed, but magnified by the intense anglo-media build up to the Arsenal vs. United duel.

Zambrotta was absolutely immense against Sweden (DESTROYED Ljungberg for instance) and Bulgaria... but the media didn't really care about that.

L'Equipe had Zambro in it's 2004 side... I think he's the better player of the two as well, but Ash is most certainly a very good player, and I understand why people would choose him also.
destroying is too harsh, he had a better game.
and cole is better, look at the age, zambrotta will turn 28 VERY SOON, and cole just turned 24 last week, COLE is my pick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,350 Posts
Twayka said:
destroying is too harsh, he had a better game.
and cole is better, look at the age, zambrotta will turn 28 VERY SOON, and cole just turned 24 last week, COLE is my pick.
What does that have to do with anything? We're talking about the best of the two ATM. It doesn't matter if they are 5 or 50 then.
 
1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Top