Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This idea has been mentioned in talk about Italy's lineup, as Panucci is crap now.

Do you think Zambrotta can play as RB? I dont see why not. Thuram can play as a CB but plays as RB as he can make good runs, and this would be lost if he played at CB. This option could help make the defense stronger, and give more transfer options as we could bring in a LB or a RB.

Grosso went to Palermo oddly which is what made me think about this again. He is wanted by many to play for Italy at the Euro '04 tournament and now his chance is gone down to even make the sqaud I would think.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Its pretty interesting to see Zambrotta.. played on the right side change to the left and then to LB. RB apparently would be much more suitable than the LB.. isnt it

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Zambro can just about anywhere and he'll perform great. I prefer him at left back as i believe he is left sided naturally, even though he uses his right just as much.

In terms of the national team, there is no need for right back as Oddo is very good in my opinion. But for juve, i think there isnt an abundance of good left backs going around at the moment. You have many centre backs to choose from and right backs in the names of oddo and trabelsi for example will most likely be looking for a new club next season.

i say we just keep Zambrotta where he is because he has turned into one of the best left backs in europe, if not in the world. why change him again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts