Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
17 year old Belgian of Moroccan descent playing for PSV. Hasn't missed his start for their first team with 4 goals in 4 games (CL qualifiers and Eredivisie).

He immediately got called up for Belgium already, although it's for a friendly so he could still end up playing for Morocco, or even Holland although that seems unlikely.

Il2esC3DruM

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Was assuming and hoping he'd get a chance after all the sales PSV did, glad they're doing the right thing cause he looked ready to me watching him with the youth Belgium side earlier this summer.

Kid got immense, simply immense talent.

Likes to fall to the ground a lot and can be selfish, but his abilities are just phenomenal - all about hard work on his body and maturing from here on out, but only he will stop himself from being a world class player.

He's Hazard-esque as far as potential and ability at that age go - as far as ability he's likely ahead of him at this age too.

But he's that big a talent.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
He's very talented but it was NEC who's defence is an absolute disaster.

·
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They all have to start somewhere...

He played great against Zulte Waregem as well... But then I guess their defence isn't good either... etc...

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
You forgot the keeper.
They all have to start somewhere...

He played great against Zulte Waregem as well... But then I guess their defence isn't good either... etc...
Correct. PSV was missing easy one on ones and still were able to get the rebounds. Take for example the chance that led to the penalty. Maher goes one on one with the goalie who does great and it's Depay who gets the rebound(free of any defender) and causes the Zulte player to do a Suarez(Uruguayan Suarez not to be confused with the Liverpudlian Suarez). After that Zulte was with 10 so they went from bad to worse. 3rd goal, Maher going his usual pace followed by 2 Zulte guys who decide to tackle him once he gets into the penalty area and by that time he had already shot. Not to underrate PSV & Bakkali, but the defenses faced so far have not been that great.

·
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Come on man, does he have to roll up Man Utd by himself before we can consider him a talent? Who cares those teams defended badly?

He is 17 years old and is visibly very talented. He's only played 4 competitive games at the highest level so far. This is about him possibly being a future star, not a great of 2013.

Like I said, they all have to start somewhere. People were calling players like Kompany and De Bruyne too as very exciting prospects at that age, even though they hadn't done anything outside the shitty Belgian league.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
I'm not saying he's not a talent. He's the best 17 year old in football as of now. I was agreeing with a previous post about the defenses. But hey man it helps facing bad defending so he can build confidence. American colleges do this with their american football schedule. On their first game they chose shit opponents so they can build more confidence in the team. And they end up destroying these small teams.

·
Madridista
338 Posts
I'm not saying he's not a talent. He's the best 17 year old in football as of now. I was agreeing with a previous post about the defenses. But hey man it helps facing bad defending so he can build confidence. American colleges do this with their american football schedule. On their first game they chose shit opponents so they can build more confidence in the team. And they end up destroying these small teams.
Is he better than Halilovic ?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Originally by Stanko05: Likes to fall to the ground a lot and can be selfish, but his abilities are just phenomenal - all about hard work on his body and maturing from here on out, but only he will stop himself from being a world class player.
Already looks like a fully developed player physically, just exploding onto the scene. What do You mean with hard work on his body? He has incredibly muscular legs.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
His balance is still very much a work in progress, of what I got to see.

How much of it is him wanting and embracing the fall and him needing to strengthen his balance? probably a bit of both.

But definitely for a 17 year old like I said, he is extremely developed as far as pure football ability aswell as athletically.

·
Registered
59,067 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts