Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
dinamovac11 said:
Velimir Zajec will stay on as permanent coach. He has done well so far but not sure if he is the right longterm solution. We will see..
Interesting hearing your views, Velimir Zajec is a complete unknown over here, but he has already gone up in my estimation, with the way he handled himself today at the press conference..............The Futures Bright the Futures ZAJEC!! :excited:

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well he always used to be an administartor. At my club Dinamo he occasionaly stepped in as coach on a care taker role before another coach came in. He had good results even then.

What was he saying at the press conference?

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
From looking at his past record, he actually has had that many manager appoints, more behind the scene. I suppose hes all pompey could get, would of been better sticking with Harry at least till the end of the season.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Portsmouth executive director Velimir Zajec is to relinquish control of the first team at the end of the season.

Zajec, whose arrival in November was largely thought responsible for Harry Redknapp's resignation, was then put in temporary charge of the team.

"We'll bring in a new man this summer," said the 49-year-old Croat, who added that coach Joe Jordan would stay on.

Chairman Milan Mandaric said: "Velimir was not originally here as coach but to oversee the football side of the club."

Former Portsmouth manager John Gregory and Swindon boss Andy King are two names to have been mentioned as possible contenders for the Fratton Park position.

And Zajec said: "We are already discussing what kind of person we want.

"We are talking to a few people now and I think it will happen in the summer.

"I know the chemistry and the profile I'm looking for and when we have the right person we will see how it is structured."

And Zajec says his search will be widespread.

"We are looking all over - in England and the rest of Europe."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts