Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Darth Maul
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Euro 2000 joint top scorer Zlatko Zahovic is being heavily linked in the Slovenian press with a move to English giants Manchester United.

Greek journalists from several big-selling dailies have contacted onefootball.com as rumours mount that Sir Alex Ferguson's team are set to snap up one of the stars of the tournament so far.

Speculation suggests that the 1999 European champions are considering the combustible Olympiakos midfielder if a move for Lazio's Czech star Pavel Nedved falls through.

Turkish club Besiktas seem a likelier destination for the player who finished the Greek season on the sidelines after the club banned their highest paid player for verbally attacking the coach.

Besiktas are reportedly ready to match the £10 million that the Greek champions paid Porto last summer for the 29 year old, while offering Zahovic £1 million in wages.

The player himself has stated a preference for a move to Spain or Italy and said he would consider returning to Porto if a deal could be done. Olympiakos are expected to make an announcement on the player's future after Slovenia's involvement in Euro 2000 ends.

The three-goal national hero has restated this week that he will not be returning to Greece, where according to the UK Sunday paper The Observer, "he is wasting his time".
I think he will be a massive signing:D:D:D

B

·
0 Posts
Zlakto Zahovic would be a great signing 4 man utd and would cause a lot of trouble towards other clubs with his pace and ability in the Premiership and i can see united buying him.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Actually Olympiakos wasted too much time and money on Zahovic.

You really deserve this guy.His attitude will serve you right.He is the biggest jerk ever put his foot in a football ground and I would love to see him at Manchester United.Just wait the minute Fergie tells him he is not in the starting 11,you'll laugh a lot! :D

Zahovic wont go to Tureky and he wont go back to Portugal.He wants to leave Greece to go to a better league,not equal...

I hope you get him because you serve each other right.

D

·
0 Posts
Man Utd already have Paul Scholes. I somehow get the feeling that it won't work out at all should Zahovic move to Man Utd.
I can't imagine it either, Zahovic in a Reds shirt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts