Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Could that of been his last game for Benfica??

Now theres a thought....

·
Registered
642 Posts
Could it be that the FPF rorters are trying to influence the seasons satbdings further - not only have they ensured a Spotin championship but they will also get porto that Euro spot.

The whole ****en season stinks - Dias De Cunha complained in the very beginning to expose corruption but then wow calls started going there way, & stayed like that for the rest of Sporting Clube De Penalties season, then we neva heard a whisper from there pres.

It stinks.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
OG BENFIQUISTA said:
Sporting Clube De Penalties
bwahahahahaha :D :tongue: Great one :star: :D
I will from now on call em like that. :stuckup: :D

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
You's still crying?

Yeah Benfica did not win the title because of the ref's no no it's cuz of Dias de Cunha no no it's the grande scheme to keep them down.....yeah that's it keep believing it! Poor Poor Benfica!!!

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
If it was corrupted theres no way they would of let that Jankauskas goal stand. At first it looked like offside but replays show he was onside - good call by the refs. But they could of easily chalked it off especially being late on in the game - but no.

Face it good sides get results whether they are playing well or not. Benfica have to play a magnificent game just to get a draw these days. You should of buried all those chances and you could of won comfortably, but no, Mantorras & co missed the chances and in the end you were inevitably punished. Thats football, all about the result and not the performance. If a few PK's help get you wins then credit to the guys winning the PK's...

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Right On, Dan!

We did have our share of good calls but you think we would of got
them calls if we weren't a quality team? Hell no! They would of crapped all over us!

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
I take nothing away from the other teams - I blame nothing on the teams themselves. I don't fault any team for taking advantage of a corrupt system run by bushleaguers. I just find amusing that fans of other teams can't acknowledge of the seriousness of such bushleaguers tainting our league. I guess if it was us being benefitted by this process, perhaps it would be in our best interests to defend it as well.

C'est la vie.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Ah, it's all bullsh!t! The Portuguese FA can kiss my :ass: !

Zahovic should be suspended one but frickin two! That's a frickin outrage. Then guess what, JVP and JMP should both be suspended as well.

These frickin candy-:ass: :ass: in Portuguese politics are all crooks and I would not be surprised is they were in on this.

Given all that, it is our fault we didn't beat Sporting. We should have had 4 or 5 goals but Miguel can't finish sh!t! I am tired about hearing how young he is nd how he needs to step it up. He needs to step it up right frickin now!

Congrats Sporting you guys deserve the championship!

Hopefully Cunha can shut his mouth now :D

As for Porko, they're all losers and they live in cave they are not worth mentioning here.

Cheers Sporting :drunk: :drunk: ! This Super Bock is on me.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Salut, bro! Thanks!

-But before you congradulate us lets make sure we win Saturday! I'm sure with that type of pressure the SCP players will be extra nervous in getting that first goal against Setubal. Sometimes if you want something so bad it never comes!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Setubal always play hard against Sporting and Benfica they will fill the Setubal stadium and make some money, the tickets for the Sporting fans are going between 40 and 60 euro's.

M

·
0 Posts
ALCATRAZ said:
You's still crying?

Yeah Benfica did not win the title because of the ref's no no it's cuz of Dias de Cunha no no it's the grande scheme to keep them down.....yeah that's it keep believing it! Poor Poor Benfica!!!

Come on how many penalties have you had all season that were actaully penalties. hmmm possibly 2! fair enough your top of the league you will get your fair share of good luck but some penalties you have got like the one Benfica - S.C.Penalties at the luz was criminal. If you think that you winning the title is all your own good work then you are seriously deluding yourselfs!! However i believe that Sporting play some of the best football in the league they have needed a lot of luck with refs to get where they are. Yet when ever penalties are given against you you moan like hell like the Braga game. You all moaned that the penalty they got should not have been. like a lot of yours you mean??

Im not blaming all Benfica's bad luck on Refs. mainly on lack of commitment in too many games and just general bad luck. basically it just hasnt been our season.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Re: Suspensions

I don't think any of us are in a position to judge whether the suspensions are fair or not...

For all we know Zahovic could of told the ref/linesman he hoped his mother would die of cancer or something. Or, he may of just simply told him to phuck off. Its up to the FPF to decide whats warrants a 1-game ban and what deserves a 2-game ban.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I think we need a complete overhaul ot the current system - refs must be made accountable for their actions. There needs to be recognised standards, guidelines & especially sanctions in order to stop the rot that we now see in Portugal, in my opinion it is ruining the game. Its time to develop some professionality on the likes of these stinken refs.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Re: Re: Suspensions

Dan said:
I don't think any of us are in a position to judge whether the suspensions are fair or not...

For all we know Zahovic could of told the ref/linesman he hoped his mother would die of cancer or something. Or, he may of just simply told him to phuck off. Its up to the FPF to decide whats warrants a 1-game ban and what deserves a 2-game ban.
Hey, Genius - we know it's the FPF that gets to decide the term of a suspension, like, DUH!

we're just trying to figure out which standards they use. Apparently, only in Portugal does verbal abuse get a more severe punishment than physical assault. That's good to know, because if I'm a player I'd save my words for a good punch in the mouth.

One more thing, Genius. I'm wondering whether you'd be so agreeable with the FPF's decision had the situation been reversed. I'm betting we'd hear Portistas crying foul of Libon Biases all the way from here. Just a guess, though.

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Suspensions

Pila said:
I'm wondering whether you'd be so agreeable with the FPF's decision had the situation been reversed. I'm betting we'd hear Portistas crying foul of Libon Biases all the way from here. Just a guess, though.
(nodding head in agreement)

Dan-Why do you post things that make you look like you are full of it? During the days of Marco and Fogo, I could read their posts and always know where it was coming from (A pigheaded twat who didn't understand the concept of reason), you on the other hand display a knowledge of the game. Why you are not above being able to analyze every situation beyond the "My team good/Your team bad" mentality is beyond me.

Personally, I have no problem with the suspension. ZZ bugged out on the ref, and was thrown out of the game. When that happens, you're fair game for the league's higher ups. Nuno Gomes was suspended for months when he lost it at Euro 2000. The league at times looks like clown and pony show, so it actually needs MORE actions such as these to keep order in the future.

As fans, all we can hope for fairness and consistency from the league. The clubs (especially the Big 4) should wake up and came to the conclusion that a successful league would be one where they focused on improving the game, revenue sources (i.e. television and stadiums), and player development rather than bicker over every small incident. If they did, I believe we would see Portuguese clubs perform at a higher level in European play.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts