Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
January 23 2002

Zebina is disqualified and come Sunday will miss the match against Piacenza. Ready to fill in his role and regain a starting position is Zago. Who is currently hanging in the balance with his future in Rome after having contract disputes with Sensi. The Brazilian is first in search of a spot on the national team and sends a message of peace towards President Sensi.

"I still haven't talked with the president, the situations is the same since a year and a half ago, I thought we could have closed this by now. I didn't expect this kind of treatment. It's been four years since I've been here and I'm missing only another three to close off my career, I hoped to have done it here, if it's not possible I will look for other solutions. If I don't stay the blame is not on me because I'm trying to find a solution as soon as possible."

The distance among the two parties doesn't seem so much as the economic concern (less than 1 million Euro), but more regarding the relationship between Sensi and the agent of the player. "The economic agreement is there," explains Zago, "there only remains little things which sooner or later we'll solve." The agent of Zago is Franco Zavaglia, the same that was trying to solve the problems of Totti's contract not too long ago, with which it was publicly known that the two, Sensi and Zavaglia, didn't get along. So much so that the captain of Roma and the president solved the problems immediately after Totti had decided to separate himself with his agent.

Perhaps because of this Zago hasn't found an agreement. "The president knows that I only talk alone with him. Roma doesn't have trust in me? That's a question for Roma's higher society members. I work, I train and I'm always at the disposition for a dialogue with Sensi." Still with Zavaglia, Zago seems determined to work alone with the president, but he doesn't know what will be his future with his agent. "I don't know if I'll leave out Zavaglia on only this discourse or for a decisive decision, I only know that I will talk alone with Sensi."

Come Sunday, Zago will have an opportunity to regain the trust of Capello in a starting role. "I've been stopped for around two months. After having lost my father I haven't had my head together to work, but now it's been more than a week that I'm well, the coach knows this. I hope to show my value. I hope to play more than half of the games that remain until the end of the season. In a month also the Champions will restart, there will be more possibilities for everybody."

The desire to help Roma in their journey for the two objectives, coincides with his desire not to lose a national team spot. "I first have to start playing here," says Zago, "otherwise it will be difficult for Scolari to even call me for friendlies, my objective is to play in the World Cup."

AS Roma-Addict

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have always thought that Aldair is better than Zago despite the fact that Aldair is 4 years older than Zago. Aldair is classier and more composed and he is a World Cup winner in a World Cup that Brazil won playing Catenaccio:eek: just imagine that.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Aldair is a Roma legend and will always be loved and respected by the Roma fans.:star:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts